Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 76 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Saw Robocop again. Very good movie to re-watch. I hate Samuel L. Jackson's character in it. He is almost a mirror portrayal of what the media is like today. Trying to manipulate everyone for their corporate masters.

Saw Robocop again. Very good movie to re-watch. I hate Samuel L. Jackson's character in it. He is almost a mirror portrayal of what the media is like today. Trying to manipulate everyone for their corporate masters.
I don't think I could. I watched it today and it was horrible. I hated Samuel's character as well and was hoping he would get arrested or die or just disappear in his final scene.

Veronica Mars - Watchable. Even if you're not in love with Kristen Bell (I am).

I don't think I could. I watched it today and it was horrible. I hated Samuel's character as well and was hoping he would get arrested or die or just disappear in his final scene.

Veronica Mars - Watchable. Even if you're not in love with Kristen Bell (I am).

Funny, those are two movies that I'll be skipping for different reasons. Robocop because I'm tired of Hollywood's lack of originality, and Veronica Mars because it's contributing to the death of the crowd funding model.

Capt America Winter Soldier. Great eye candy, loads of fun!

Finally watched Zero Dark Thirty.
A little better than what I expected. Not an "American Hoo Rah" kind of film.

**Spoiler alert**

I don't know if this is what was actually reported, but are you gonna tell me a high profile target will not have heavily armed guards?
Plus how do you fly in 3 choppers undetected? Nobody gave any resistance.
Sounds like BS to me

The second 300 was ****. So bad to the point that i didnt even finish watching it. I loved the first 300...

The storyline made no sense, the sea battles made no sense, the fighting made no sense. I couldnt connect to any of the characters.
What makes it worse is that this ******** movie just takes away from the historically accurate Navy battle that did take place, and by all accounts, it was a great sea battle where the underdog won.

Capt America 2 was great. It flowed well, there were no slow parts to distract you and pull you out of the movie. Only gripe is that it happens in an universe filled with super heroes and not one shows up to help. IMO not a huge deal but whatever. Can anyone shed some light on the scene after the credits....who are "the twins"?

^^^^IMDB and look up the movie then read the 'synopsis' section where it says 'spoilers'

I didn't want to post up the names incase people haven't seen it. (Although I did at first and realized my mistake)

Last edited:
The second 300 was ****. So bad to the point that i didnt even finish watching it. I loved the first 300...

The storyline made no sense, the sea battles made no sense, the fighting made no sense. I couldnt connect to any of the characters.
What makes it worse is that this ******** movie just takes away from the historically accurate Navy battle that did take place, and by all accounts, it was a great sea battle where the underdog won.

Capt America 2 was great. It flowed well, there were no slow parts to distract you and pull you out of the movie. Only gripe is that it happens in an universe filled with super heroes and not one shows up to help. IMO not a huge deal but whatever. Can anyone shed some light on the scene after the credits....who are "the twins"?

Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch.

There was also a second scene after the credits.

**Spoiler alert**

I don't know if this is what was actually reported, but are you gonna tell me a high profile target will not have heavily armed guards?
Plus how do you fly in 3 choppers undetected? Nobody gave any resistance.
Sounds like BS to me

Ever heard the phrase, "Hide in plain sight"? UBL had been in the compound for six years just a mile from Pakistan's main training base. He was protected by well armed people who were willing to (and did) die to protect him. Anything more overt would have drawn too much attention.

As far as the 3 choppers go have you never heard of Operation Entebbe? The Israelis flew C-130's and two 707's 2500 miles to rescue over a hundred hostages from Entebbe Airport in Uganda. They actually landed the Hercs at Entebbe undetected. So a couple of baffled, stealth choppers over sparsely populated areas of Pakistan would be very doable.

Ever heard the phrase, "Hide in plain sight"? UBL had been in the compound for six years just a mile from Pakistan's main training base. He was protected by well armed people who were willing to (and did) die to protect him. Anything more overt would have drawn too much attention.

As far as the 3 choppers go have you never heard of Operation Entebbe? The Israelis flew C-130's and two 707's 2500 miles to rescue over a hundred hostages from Entebbe Airport in Uganda. They actually landed the Hercs at Entebbe undetected. So a couple of baffled, stealth choppers over sparsely populated areas of Pakistan would be very doable.

I haven't done any research on the actual events, but no Seals were killed in the raid. I find this story highly unbelievable.

If you ask me Bin Laden has a new identity & face right now

Gravity

Went in figuring it would be boring, but staring at Sandra Bullock for 1.5hrs couldn't have been more enjoyable.

Actually really enjoyed the movie. It was very well done imo. The scenes of earth are beautiful. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Gives you some perspective on how incredible and fragile space exploration really is.

Thumbs up! Would recommend.

Gravity was good. I kind of avoided it with some of the hype to keep my expectations low.

Same with Pacific Rim. A modern take on Godzilla like movie. It was quite fun.

Saw the Trailer Park Boys latest movie on opening night (April 18th)
... funny!
If you're a TPB fan, you have to see it!

Back
Top Bottom