Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 83 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

"Guardians of the Galaxy" - A solid 8/10, in the usual Marvel style. I might have given it 8.5 if they hadn't given the best ongoing schtick in the movie away in the commercials.

The Purge: Anarchy.
No connection to the Part I. Lacks some realism (e.g. a car full of people gets shot up with a M134 for over 10 sec and no casualties) and hot women.
Only watch if you have nothing better to do.

Shame about the Purge. I enjoyed part 1. Guess it'll be a DL for me.

Watched a bunch of movies recently...

Chef - Not great, not bad. Pretty simple movie. Reminds me of Over The Top except arm wrestling is replaced with food.
Guardians of the Galaxy - Enjoyed it but nothing special. The comedy was a little weak but I still chuckled at several parts.
Lucy - You're either in the loved-it or hated-it crowd. I'm with the former. Don't get hung up on the "science" and you'll enjoy it.
Planet of the Apes - Loved it! Probably my favourite movie of the year.
Edge of Tomorrow - Also enjoyed this one a lot! It was much better than I anticipated.

Watched Elysium, love it!

I can see the military technology in the future. That exoskeleton is already being used. The writers have a good rendition of what the future might look like.

Did I mention I love the guns?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I remember saying exoskeletons might be the way of the future.

I just saw a trailer for Call of Duty and see the exoskeletons. I know its just a videogame, but I love their ideas on future military technology.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks exoskeletons are the way of the future
call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-key-art-01.jpg

Imagine the strength we can have and jumping around like grasshoppers :)

Lucy - You're either in the loved-it or hated-it crowd. I'm with the former. Don't get hung up on the "science" and you'll enjoy it.
^ I saw this last weekend while waiting for the kerosene to dry on my chain after cleaning it. I'm in between. I loved it because Scarlett was in it, but hated it because I was hoping it would be a little more consistent with modern quantum physics.

^ I saw this last weekend while waiting for the kerosene to dry on my chain after cleaning it. I'm in between. I loved it because Scarlett was in it, but hated it because I was hoping it would be a little more consistent with modern quantum physics.

if by modern quantum physics you mean more of Scarlett's boobage, then yes. big lack of quantum physics.

Just watched Dom Hemingway,

pretty good movie

recommended

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Seemed like a family flick to me. Very mild. Caesar gets shot, falls off the cliff and no one cares to go check on him? Way to go monkeys...
Hercules. The way I had this legend story in my head was way more entertaining. Now it got overwritten by this crap. Anyone willing to land me their DeLorean so I could unwatch it?

So watched some movies this weekend.

300: Rise of an Empire- I loved it! I think they did a really good follow up on the story. I hate part 2 of a movie, but this one was impressive. If you have a weak stomach don't watch it. Lots of blood galore. Fighting scenes look well done... not PG13.

Divergent- Pretty impressive for a young adult film. At first I thought it was just a teeny bopper film, but the story line delivers and the acting is decent. That other dude just look like James Franco and can't get that out of my head. I keep asking myself why didn't they just put James Franco in this film? Kind of an ugly dude for a main cast.

The Purge- meh, 7/10 stars. Good story line, but they didn't deliver. I keep asking, if someone were to come killing you, wouldn't you take that revenge in a lawless time?
I couldn't help laughing at some scenes and shouting "Idiot!"
If I'm shouting at the TV, it means that I'm not enjoying the film or characters.
I won't pay $$ for it.

Finally took my son to see Guardians of the Galaxy this week. We both enjoyed it. Was about what I expected, but more comedy than I thought it would have. Disclaimer: I am easily amused.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom