Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 134 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Date night with the missus, A Star is Born.

The music was good enough to keep the gents in their seats. Supporting case has some surprises and all do their part to make it enjoyable.

I might have got something in my eye a couple of times but, the missus had some tissue.

Have to say the movie stayed with me for a while afterwards. Not many movies manage to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched 'Searching' and I'm blown away. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet. Movie of the year for me

Watched the new Michael Moore movie last week, Fahrenheit 11/9. Not bad but it’s not as good as his previous stuff. It seemed very disjointed and the stuff about Flint and the water seemed a bit out of place.

Checked out One Week. Neat little movie cheap Canadian budget, but shot in Canada. It is kinda motorcycle movie, but not really. Cool to see some of places he rode to around the country.

Sent from the moon!

Remember how funny it was to watch some movies when you were high....me neither...but if i did,"The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" would be one of them.
MV5BYjRkYTI3M2EtZWQ4Ny00OTA2LWFmMTMtY2E4MTEyZmNjOTMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

I just saw this French movie called "Burn Out"

It won't win any Oscars, but it's got a lot of motorcycle action in it, street racing, supermoto, etc. And the best part is that the motorcycle stuff is true-to-life. No overdubbed inline-4 sounds, you get to hear the jingle of the Monster's dry-clutch, little details like using earplugs, when the guy's race bike blows an engine, he pulls off to the side and puts his left hand up to warn the rest of the racers he's out, stuff like that.

Also the girl who's in it is very easy on the eyes.

[video=youtube;zCX8zb4y1b4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCX8zb4y1b4[/video]

I just saw this French movie called "Burn Out"

It won't win any Oscars, but it's got a lot of motorcycle action in it, street racing, supermoto, etc. And the best part is that the motorcycle stuff is true-to-life. No overdubbed inline-4 sounds, you get to hear the jingle of the Monster's dry-clutch, little details like using earplugs, when the guy's race bike blows an engine, he pulls off to the side and puts his left hand up to warn the rest of the racers he's out, stuff like that.

Also the girl who's in it is very easy on the eyes.

[video=youtube;zCX8zb4y1b4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCX8zb4y1b4[/video]

this movie on netflix?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Date night with the missus, A Star is Born.

The music was good enough to keep the gents in their seats. Supporting case has some surprises and all do their part to make it enjoyable.

I might have got something in my eye a couple of times but, the missus had some tissue.

Have to say the movie stayed with me for a while afterwards. Not many movies manage to do that.

Sis and I went, it was about 1/2 an hour too long imo. The recliner chairs really shouldn't be avail for a movie that slow. I'd say 1/3 of the theatre had a nap.

Good movie, good acting, good music, nothing great or gripping imo. Gaga did a way better job than I expected and Mr Cooper just made it to my mmmmm list!

22 Minutes. Figured the plot out right away but it's well done, non stop action. Ronda Rousey does a good badass in her first role.

Last edited:
22 Minutes. Figured the plot out right away but it's well done, non stop action. Ronda Rousey does a good badass in her first role.

I think you mean Mile 22?

'Overlord'

Great movie. Starts off as a WW2 mission with an opening scene almost as harrowing as 'Saving Private Ryan' then changes to a Nazi/Zombie/Horror flick (Think 'From Dusk to Dawn' but less Quentin-Tarantino-over-the-top).
A complete story from start to finish (so no sequel threatened), good acting and character development, great effects and no silly supernatural crap, almost believable.
My g/f loved it and she was covering her eyes half the time!

See it!

Last edited:
I'm just catching up with fall movies

The Predator 2018 - total joke and a parody, watch for a good laugh and countless eye roll moments

The Equalizer 2 - excellent movie. Denzel killing it, no surprises

Crazy rich asians - lol

I've seen the first three versions of A Star is Born, is this one different?

The premise is the same but, it’s told in a different way.

The music is all original to this film and was filmed live. No lip syncing.

Supporting cast is strong.

Remember how funny it was to watch some movies when you were high....me neither...but if i did,"The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" would be one of them.
MV5BYjRkYTI3M2EtZWQ4Ny00OTA2LWFmMTMtY2E4MTEyZmNjOTMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

The Coen Brothers have a way of making something different in their work but, at the same time it’s familiar or maintains a style of it’s own.

It’s interesting, it’s quirky, it’s graphic, it’s unusual.

I never take it for granted that I’m going to enjoy their work. I have been disappointed at some. This one was worth a look and I’m glad I didn’t see any previews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw Peppermint with Jennifer Garner. It was terrible. Cookie cutter cliche un-original blah. I should have shut it off but I was warm where I was and didn't want to move. She does kill a lot of people in creative ways but it wasn't enough to make the rest of the movie OK in my books.

Back
Top Bottom