Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 81 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Yup, dissappointed with Transformers 4.
Ever seince Megan has left the franchise it went downhill...

Yup, dissappointed with Transformers 4.
Ever seince Megan has left the franchise it went downhill...

That would be like a new underworld without Kate in black leather.

evu4ata5.jpg

That would be like a new underworld without Kate in black leather.

evu4ata5.jpg

They already did that. It was called "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" and starred Rhona Mitra. In black leather.

I would argue that the Transformers franchise started on a downhill run.

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes. Just. Go. See. It.

So far, by far, top movie of 2014. Better than Edge of Tomorrow. CGI is amazing, cuz you dont even know whats CGI and whats not. Lots of action if thats your thing, great feel of the movie, very "Last of Us" feel to it, plus a great storyline that doesnt bore. I'm so glad i went to see it vs Transformers 4.

See it in non 3D. There is zero reason to see it in 3D, and the added darkness of 3D glasses would take away from the visuals IMO.

Easy 9/10.

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes. Just. Go. See. It.
See it in non 3D. There is zero reason to see it in 3D, and the added darkness of 3D glasses would take away from the visuals IMO.

Easy 9/10.

Going to go see it on Sunday

Too bad already bought 3d Tickets

Dawn of the planet of the apes - definitely a good movie especially if you like the first one - as red liner mentioned... Don't bother with 3d... Some parts get too hard to see

Need for speed - utter garbage... I fell asleep

How to Train your Dragon 2.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this even more. Funny bits to keep the adults entertained too.

I absolutely love the How to Train your Dragon movies. They really did hit the nail on the head with both films. It's animated and made for children, it has a lot of good and funny bits, it finds unique ways to get across good lessons and morals to children without forcing it down their throats, and it gets you to feel for the characters which not a lot of movies do well. I'd put them up there with the Toy Story movies as best animated films

Dawn of the planet of the apes - definitely a good movie especially if you like the first one - as red liner mentioned... Don't bother with 3d... Some parts get too hard to see

Need for speed - utter garbage... I fell asleep

Amazing movie, well done from beginning to end. Great story, amazing characters, amazing CGI, just good good good GREAT. As mentioned, ignore the 3D. I only saw it in 3D because the regular was sold out. Nothing about this movie needs 3D, nothing popping out at you to make you jump, really seems like 3D was not thought of at all with this movie, which I am completely ok with as I think its pretty much a gimmick in most cases. Cant say it enough, amazing movie, and really happy that the first movie took the time with the characters and back story to get us to this place.

Sabotage (2014 film).
Despite some holes in the plot, not a bad DEA action flick. Interesting cast selection. Was good to see Arnie hit the gym.

Just don't think about it too much and enjoy the ride.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was brilliant. If Andy Serkis does not get a nomination in the Oscars, I will be appalled.

caesar4.jpg

Sabotage (2014 film).
Despite some holes in the plot, not a bad DEA action flick. Interesting cast selection. Was good to see Arnie hit the gym.

Just don't think about it too much and enjoy the ride.

Just saw the trailer for this, gon' watch that tonight.
Lots of guns, bombs, testosterone & 'xplosions. Just to bring the childhood out in me. Arnie never disappoints

[video=youtube;8HDArXZgrsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HDArXZgrsE[/video]

Watched it last night. Classic Luc Besson movie with his eccentric filming style. It's a good mix of action and drama although it dwells a bit too much into existentialism. I'll be honest, some parts I didn't get the whole meaning off and I'll have to read other peoples take on it to understand. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

If you were thinking between Lucy and Dawn of the planes of the apes. Don't. Apes win hands down.

Anyone watch Lucy?

I watched Boyhood last night, which I really liked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it last night. Classic Luc Besson movie with his eccentric filming style. It's a good mix of action and drama although it dwells a bit too much into existentialism. I'll be honest, some parts I didn't get the whole meaning off and I'll have to read other peoples take on it to understand. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

If you were thinking between Lucy and Dawn of the planes of the apes. Don't. Apes win hands down.

I would agree that "Lucy" was an odd mix of the existential and action, but that's Besson's thing. Maybe a little heavy on the navel gazing, but overall I enjoyed it. I would say that your 7/10 is pretty close. Maybe 7.5-8/10 when I'm in a particularly artsy mood.

As to the part you didn't understand I suspect I know which you mean. To that I will give you a one word, spoiler free answer; omniscience.

Back
Top Bottom