Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 131 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Let it Ride. A documentary about legendary snowboarder Craig Kelly; it's amazing and entertaining. An excellent film with lots of personal moments as well as the history of the sport. "A style master". It showcases amazing skills and stunning scenery with some extreme riding. Highly recommended. This doc was posted here years ago.

Watch it here streamed for free!
https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1M8YN8KF91W11/let-it-ride

1200x630bb.jpg

I saw a Big Rock Traditional Ale in one shot. Nice Canadiana!

Cheers!

Last edited:
The wife and I went to see Chappaquiddick this evening.

I'm well versed in political history so I knew the backstory behind the movie, but my wife had zero idea what it was all about, but we both enjoyed it. Well written, well acted, and mostly true to the actual events. Even someone who has zero knowledge of the actual events of the day would still enjoy it IMHO.

Ready Player One - great pop corn movie. Lots of references from back in the day.

Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 wayy better than I expected. The trailer didn't do justice to the movie. So many references to other movies and video games littered throughout the movie. Simply awesome. Highly recommended.

Also watched the new Jumanji movie recently. Being a huge fan of the original, I enjoyed this mashup of Jumanji and Welcome to the Jungle. Kevin Hart and The Rock make a good pair. Funny and enjoyable.

Last edited:
Took the badger out to see the quiet movie. I hadn't heard of it and nobody at the shop was talking about it either. Went and saw it and was rather impressed with the movie.

I will admit that I almost fell asleep in the theater because of how dark and quiet the movie starts off, but I was wide awake when there was some noise happening!!!

Nothing to crazy for gore so this could easily be a good date night movie if you're looking for a good horror flick with some jumps.

Went to see Ready Player One last night. Good mindless entertainment with lots of childhood gaming nostalgia.

If you're one to get hung up one logical plot holes, don't go.

Kingsman 2 - Where the original had funny and clever moments and was enjoyable the 2nd one is lacking in all areas.

22 Jump Street - Snowing Sunday flick over coffee s basically anything could keep me entertained..........except this movie.

Watched American Ultra yesterday. It was entertaining with some funny moments.

Watched Stretched, only because it was recommended from this thread, and well Jessica Alba.
Just entertaining, and predictable, but mostly forgettable.

Also watched the new Jumanji movie recently. Being a huge fan of the original, I enjoyed this mashup of Jumanji and Welcome to the Jungle. Kevin Hart and The Rock make a good pair. Funny and enjoyable.

I saw the new Jumanji as well. I really enjoyed it and the kids loved it as well. Went back to watch the original. Makes me miss Robin Williams even more.

Saw Avengers Infinity War in the VIP theatre (non 3D). Great all-around. So many big name actors in this one. I'm not into comic books so I'm unaware of the story arc. Entertaining and recommended for sure. Amazing special effects. Great on the big screen. The Avengers movie series continues to move towards darker themes.

I finally got around to it last night. IMAX 3D. I normally don't like 3D because it is not as sharp. But dam in IMAX it was clear as normal and the sound was excellent.

The movie itself was pretty good. Lots of moving bits and somewhat decent story, which were well executed. But limited wow moments the left something with you. Good to see Dr Strange go some stuff, then just be a stuck up. Josh Brolin did quite well as Thanos. The ending was interesting and obviously a tie in to what comes next. They really have planned these movies out well.

Three Billboards......

Wonderfully done with one exception.

I recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game Night. Funnier than I expected.

Good to know on 3D with the new Avengers. Thx for posting. I've attended the odd 3D movie, but I also find very few do it well. As you say, they just aren't very sharp. Avatar is a beacon of 3D movies.

Which one, with Stallone or the 2012 Dredd with Karl Urban? The 2012 one is quite good.
Definitely Dredd, the 2012 movie with Karl Urban. Judge Dredd with Stallone is not to that level at all imo. I'd really like to see a sequel.

Last edited:
Deadpool 2. At least as good as, if not better than, the first movie. I had forgotten what a badass character Domino was.

Thx for the Deadpool 2 feedback. I'm looking forward to the movie.

I'm watching Captain Fantastic again on a movie channel. Great great off-beat movie if you are into that thing. 83/85% RT and strong recognition.

The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 23, 2016.[4] It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival.[5][6] It was theatrically released on July 8, 2016 by Bleecker Street.[7] It was chosen by the National Board of Review as one of the top ten independent films of 2016[8] and Mortensen was nominated for the Golden Globe, the BAFTA Award,[9] and the Academy Award for Best Actor.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Fantastic_(film)

Very highly recommended for those who like the description. :)

Back
Top Bottom