Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 138 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Watched the new Robin Hood movie last night. What a load of garbage. Has there ever been a historical story that the try and modernize while keeping it in the same time period that has worked? The movie was pure trash, not sure how I finished it.

In the beginning Robin Hood is on the crusades with some archery unit. They are clearing houses with their bows drawn as if they were guns, everything about the movie was ridiculous. I am surprised Jamie Foxx would even be involved. Garbage garbage garbage.

Watched the new Robin Hood movie last night. What a load of garbage. Has there ever been a historical story that the try and modernize while keeping it in the same time period that has worked? The movie was pure trash, not sure how I finished it.

In the beginning Robin Hood is on the crusades with some archery unit. They are clearing houses with their bows drawn as if they were guns, everything about the movie was ridiculous. I am surprised Jamie Foxx would even be involved. Garbage garbage garbage.

The only movie I can think of that was ever successful in modernizing a medieval storyline is "A Knight's Tale" and it wasn't based on a beloved old story.

Shrek is very good.

Sent from the moon!

A few movie channels have started playing the odd classic early Hollywood movie and I decided after all these years I needed to pay some deference and watch some. Gone with the Wind was good. Casablanca was excellent, highly recommended. Key Largo was good as well.

Check out some of the classic SciFi while you're at it. For starters I'd recommend "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (my personal favourite) and "Forbidden Planet" (A rare non-comedic role for Leslie Nielson).

Check out some of the classic SciFi while you're at it. For starters I'd recommend "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (my personal favourite) and "Forbidden Planet" (A rare non-comedic role for Leslie Nielson).

Forbidden Planet is excellent!

A few movie channels have started playing the odd classic early Hollywood movie and I decided after all these years I needed to pay some deference and watch some. Gone with the Wind was good. Casablanca was excellent, highly recommended. Key Largo was good as well.

Check out IMDB's top 250 list if you want reference to some good classical movies. Movies like "The apartment" "12 Angry Men" or an epics like "Ben Hur" & "Lawrence of Arabia" I really enjoy some older movies as they have to rely on the script to carry you through the movie rather then special effects. There is no substitute for a well told story.

I also take note when actors mention roles of other actors which inspire them. It gets me curious as to why or what in that role or movie is good, and usually I will take a look at it.

Check out IMDB's top 250 list if you want reference to some good classical movies. Movies like "The apartment" "12 Angry Men" or an epics like "Ben Hur" & "Lawrence of Arabia" I really enjoy some older movies as they have to rely on the script to carry you through the movie rather then special effects. There is no substitute for a well told story.

I also take note when actors mention roles of other actors which inspire them. It gets me curious as to why or what in that role or movie is good, and usually I will take a look at it.

"12 Angry Men" is third on my all-time list which says a lot, as it's not SciFi.

"12 Angry Men" is third on my all-time list which says a lot, as it's not SciFi.

Yes it is very well done. Takes place all in one room as well. Though they do have other shots to help visualize some other situations but the main actors are all in that room.

Nothing but Trouble.Great cast,but do not watch!

We Still Steal The Old Way. British heist movie. It was entertaining.

how about one to avoid?

Gotti, streaming on Netflix atm
terrible, complete rubbish

like one reviewer commented:

"not for one second are you not aware this is Travolta pretending to be Gotti"

how about one to avoid?

Gotti, streaming on Netflix atm
terrible, complete rubbish

like one reviewer commented:

"not for one second are you not aware this is Travolta pretending to be Gotti"

It's up for 5 or 6 Razzies this year.

Thx @Rob MacLennan for the suggestion, I'm a big sci-fi fan and will keep an eye out for them. I've seen original The Day the Earth Stood Still, can't remember about the other.

Thx@sburns for the link. I'll keep them in mind. I have a bunch of movie channels so I tend to let movie selection unfold organically.

Cheers

"Forbidden Planet" was the movie that introduced Robbie the Robot.

Hunter-Killer with Gerrard Butler. Pretty good action flick. Recommended. This has a bit of everything, submarine warfare, special forces action, not bad.

Space between us
:thumbup: I liked it
... pretty sure Amy Szoke rode the Triumph motorcycle scenes so I liked it even more then usual :love5:

Back
Top Bottom