Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 133 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Super Troopers 2.
No where near as good as the original but still entertaining.

The "Danny Devito argument" scene was absolutely hilarious.

Atomic Blonde was great. Lots of action. The fight scenes were very impressive. Great 80's soundtrack too.

Murder on the Orient Express was ok. Average.
The stairwell fight sequence (shot in one take) was awesome in Atomic Blonde.

Being a huge fan of Agatha Christie's novels, I was disappointed by the Orient Express movie. Had high hopes

I watched The Shape of Water. I love the world-building detail and aspect of it, the plot not so much. Good enough movie overall but it made me go back and watch Crimson Peak again (from del Toro too). Crimson Peak is better, a great movie. Again, the world-building detail is amazing. The gothic influence is unmistakable and it's creepy and graphic at times. Great cast again and it was a much larger budget film. I highly recommend people check it out. Stephen King raved about it. :)

Cheers!

Tried watching some of Solo a Star Wars Story last night... nothing is grabbing me here.. it's very blah...

Yup, I watched it at the theatre. Mediocre at best. Luckily I had a free ticket, at least didn't waste money on it.

I honestly don't know what kids are growing up with in terms of memorable pop culture. Fcuk that sounds old of me, but really I grew up in the 80's, what do they have today. Star Wars an Star Trek have both been ruined as series goes. Harry potter?? Anything comparable.

I honestly don't know what kids are growing up with in terms of memorable pop culture. Fcuk that sounds old of me, but really I grew up in the 80's, what do they have today. Star Wars an Star Trek have both been ruined as series goes. Harry potter?? Anything comparable.

Today is that dog's breakfast known as the MCU. Of course everything and everyone changes every year or so, just like the comics did, with that guy at the helm.

(Marvel Comics Universe).

I enjoy novel and quirky movies so here's another one. I was able to see The Budapest Hotel again recently. Another great quirky movie with acclaim. And from the same guy who did Moonrise Kingdom. You can see the same world-building attention to detail and styles in everything. With a similarly and ridiculously amazing cast. It's Wes Anderson, known as a modern-day auteur.

My kid just went to see some anime movie -- My Hero Acadamia: Two Heroes. English subtitles. Supposedly a very popular anime, but not too many people knew about the movie or the limited run showings. I find that strange. He enjoyed it.
(all info based on what I can get when he switches between excitingly telling me things and not wanting to speak to me because I don't get it).

I'm quite interested in going to see White Boy Rick. Box office weekend was low. Hoping it's not a reflection of the movie.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Saw the new Solo movie. I thought it was great. Highly recommended for those who reasonably enjoy the SW universe.

Agreed, i thought they did a good job and i'm liking the new direction of the series/spin offs.

Upgrade. Excellent SciFi movie. It's low budget, but couldn't tell looking at it. Good acting and plot.

Also watched Leave No Trace. Enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Agreed, i thought they did a good job and i'm liking the new direction of the series/spin offs.

Really, I find there is nothing to like about it. Seems so generic and is only in name a Star Wars movie. It was boring, and characters were shallow, the action was lame. Same thing happened to Star Trek, it could been any Sc Fi action flick just slap the Star trek name on the movie and give them Trek character names. To each their own I guess.

Last edited:
Three Billboards. I heard the early buzz but didn't realize how much recognition this movie got. Great all-around, though I wish XXXYYYZZZ was better ;). Awesome cast. I've been super impressed with Sam Rockwell since the 90's in The Green Mile and Galaxy Quest. Give me more Sam Rockwell any day :thumbup:.

great film
wished it could have been longer
like a good book
it was a world I didn't want to leave at the end
fantastic cast

Nice. I look forward to seeing it again when it hits the movie channels. I thought the way it ended opened up tons of interesting possibilities for the next film. I'm hoping for more good films in the series/spin offs too. FYI there's a Star Wars marathon this weekend on Showcase, and it includes EP1 to The Force Awakens (7).

great film
wished it could have been longer
like a good book
it was a world I didn't want to leave at the end
fantastic cast
Nice. Have you watched any Wes Anderson films? He's great at world building and is highly awarded/acknowledged. They are quirky movies with great great casts. I mentioned a few of his films here a while back. Quirky movies aren't for everyone though.

With my recent viewings of The Shape of Water and Crimson Peak, I went back and watched Pan's Labyrinth again. All three are signature Guillermo del Toro movies. More great world building here, and highly reviewed. Pan's Labyrinth imo is definitely his best work. And it's his earliest success. The movie is in Spanish and is subtitled. Makes no difference, it is that good. Some scenes are notably violent so it's not for kids. Multiple Academy Awards and according to Wiki, "At its Cannes Film Festival release, it received a 22-minute standing ovation, one of the longest in the festival's history." Definitely recommended.

Cheers

Last edited:
I had a really good snooze through a film at the Cannes film festival once. It was terrible. All the pageantry was fun though.

I like watching films and will watch nearly anything including quite a few foreign films (they tend not to have cliched Hollywood endings which is great) but I’ve been massively disappointed with some festival/Oscar picks. The worst was Birdman with Michael Keaton I think. Absolutely unwatchable pretentious bollocks for me.

Oh...and overproduced musicals are unpleasant too.

I am a HUGE Wes Anderson fan, I have loved all his films since Bottle Rocket... well until Isle of Dogs. I love his style, the stories and the way they are put together, Isle of Dogs lost it for me. Was not engaged in the story or cared at all about any of it. It was all style and no substance. I guess everyone has to hit a foul every now and then and Wes Anderson has had an amazing batting average in my opinion all home runs until this point.

Watched Venom today and enjoyed it very much. I'm a big fan of the character since it was first introduced to me in the animated spiderman tv series, a long time ago.

A lot of negative reviews on this movie. Guess it's not for everyone. Looking forward to the sequel, and hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

Watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom last night. Got kinda meh reviews so I wasn't too sure about it. Some parts were obviously dumb like the dino sneaking into the bedroom. But over all it was entertaining and very well put together the effects were seemless.

It was the perfect movie to veg to after a great long ride yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom