Corrosion after runing dionized water + amsoil coolant boost(similar to water wetter) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corrosion after runing dionized water + amsoil coolant boost(similar to water wetter)

cbrkp

Hey all,So before trackdays started this summer my bike was minty fresh runing regular coolant. Then for TD's i switched over to a dionized water + amsoil coolant boost (similar to water wetter). Now today i decided to flush the system and put regular honda coolant for the winter and to my darn surpise corrosion has been happening in the coolant lines, rad, etc. Tons of white scale build up.:banghead: My question is why is this happening? I thought these products had some form of corrosion inhibitors? are you suppose to flush it every track/race day and refill?

I've seen similar results with Water Wetter as well. Some people I've spoken to have said the same sort of thing..run it for the track day and remove it and put regular coolant back in. I ran Water Wetter almost all summer one year and was a little worried after seeing the condition of the flush water..

It's quite simple.. Compounds like Water Wetter don't have the same corrosion-inhibiting properties as regular coolant. They are supposed to raise the boiling point of water so it can effectively cool your track bike's engine while not creating a slippery mess if spilled onto the track. Invictus gave you a viable solution. Run it for the track-day, flush, put in regular coolant. Remember to be EXTRA-anal with flushing out the regular coolant for your next track day, though.

It's quite simple.. Compounds like Water Wetter don't have the same corrosion-inhibiting properties as regular coolant.

Water Wetter claims it has good long-term corrosion protection but it really doesn't work quite as they lead us to believe I don't think. I'd use it for a short while..maybe if you have a few track days close together..but I wouldn't run it for more than a few weeks at a time.

thanks for the info guys! guess I'll flush it after a weekend of TD's.... kinda sucks one would have to do it so frequently (because of the time it takes) but at least it would coincide with when the oil has to be changed after a weekend of TD's

Cheers! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom