Where can I buy a 41mm fork clamp? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where can I buy a 41mm fork clamp?

Franko!

Site Supporter
Where can I buy a 41mm fork clamp to mount a steering damper?
Also, can someone post a pic of an CBR 600 F2/F3 with it installed.
I am looking for ideas how to mount it.

Bike is 91 CBR F2 track bike.

Thanks,
Frank

Steen Hanson has Ohlins fork mounts listed from 38mm-55mm, 41mm is part #96-2235-04 with a listed retail of $114.95

Personally for that price Id machine my own....

PM Glen @ Flying squirrel motorcycle...he got me a 52mm one for

I wouldnt trust anything from China, Thiland etc......After seeing what happens to Ebay rearsets that twist up when you look at them wrong. Their aluminum is very soft, but Protek makes a cheap one for around $35

http://www.protekk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=231

quality is an issue...but a fork clamp doesn't need to take too much use/abuse. a slight bit of torsional force and and there.

I think I got my clamp from the motovan cat. a while back...still have, it was involved in a VERY bad street accident, and held up well. dampner was totally shot though..

I purchased a Pro Tek fork tube clamp from ProCycleDepot.com... no complaints here.

quality is an issue...but a fork clamp doesn't need to take too much use/abuse. a slight bit of torsional force and and there.

I think I got my clamp from the motovan cat. a while back...still have, it was involved in a VERY bad street accident, and held up well. dampner was totally shot though..

The problem with some of the aluminum stuff coming out of China etc is the start to stress crack just being on the bike, no crash or over tightening required...Im talking about the knock off stuff on Ebay, if its out of Canadian distributors catalogue I wouldnt worry about it...

Ive broken a home made damper mount during a wicked tank slapper, and it hurt when I hit the road... so I worry about stuff like that from then on....

Thanks for the help. I will contact the local Motovan dealer and get it there.
I like the 2 piece Pro-Tek, but shipping/duties can really add up. Since I am changing the fork oil, the fork will be comming off anyways, so I will slip it on then.

Back
Top Bottom