Maple Leafs 2009/2010 - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maple Leafs 2009/2010

Re: Maple Leafs 2009/2010

Quote Originally Posted by koFFey View Post
    As for whos better?
    Lou Lamoriello for one I think is one of the best.

I wonder how good Lou would be if Martin Brodeur never played a game for the devils.

Sorry, just got home, here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    Burke is the best in the game, not because
    he is a Leaf, sorry I dont live on bangwagons.

Burke brought the Canucks back from the dog days and made them into a championship quality team, as he did the same with Anaheim except they actually won the cup.

So far he has done a great job transforming the Leafs over 1 summer. Trading for Phil Kessel, landing THE MONSTER whos nickname comes from people back home not from people in Toronto. Making Toronto a tough hockey team, improving defense, lowering payroll, improving goaltending, and improving offense.

I'm not a fan of his first draft pick as Leafs GM, and I'm not a fan of his head coach.
    Come on dude, you have to be kidding me... Burke was GM of Vancouver for like 3 years before they even made the playoffs. Don't give me that. As for the stint in Anaheim, the team was already 3/4 the way there. Burke jumped into a lazy lap job. The team already had players and the money to make movement only forward. Vancouver just had burnable fuel (cash). Not good examples in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    I wonder how good Lou would be if Martin Brodeur never played a game for the devils.
    How did Brodeur get all them shutouts? It begins with the goalie and D my brother. Tell me that the Devils didn't get most blocked shots ever. And besides, was Brodeur actually with the Devils at the time of Lou's rein, no. He wasn't called up until years later, give me a break. Not to mention that the club with the lowest salary in the NHL still be out the best and highest paid.

How did Brodeur get all them shutouts? It begins with the goalie and D my brother. Tell me that the Devils didn't get most blocked shots ever. And besides, was Brodeur actually with the Devils at the time of Lou's rein, no. He wasn't called up until years later, give me a break. Not to mention that the club with the lowest salary in the NHL still be out the best and highest paid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Devils_seasons

Brodeur shows up in 1993 (drafted in 1990) and wins the calder trophy also the devils goals against drop by 70 goals from the previous year.

Devils never won a cup without Brodeur, who when retires will go down as arguably one of the best goalies ever to have played in the NHL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Devils_seasons

Brodeur shows up in 1993 (drafted in 1990) and wins the calder trophy also the devils goals against drop by 70 goals from the previous year.

Devils never won a cup without Brodeur, who when retires will go down as arguably one of the best goalies ever to have played in the NHL.
    YAWN.... WTH does that have to do with anything? You know hockey right? The Devils were only 5 years old before Lou took over. You point is muted. I don't see why you must bring up Martin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Lamoriello

Was GM BEFORE Brodeur came to town. You cannot focus the fact that Lou still had created the best club with the lowest salary? He was never a player or coach in the NHL! Going on with Brodeur proves nothing.

"According to Daneyko, Lamoriello believes in paying a third-line player as much as a first-line player if he feels they have the same value to the team."

Let's see Burke pull that one out and make the Leafs that good. How long the Leafs in the NHL now?

YAWN.... WTH does that have to do with anything? You know hockey right? The Devils were only 5 years old before Lou took over. You point is muted. I don't see why you must bring up Martin?

Was GM BEFORE Brodeur came to town. You cannot focus the fact that Lou still had created the best club with the lowest salary? He was never a player or coach in the NHL! Going on with Brodeur proves nothing.

"According to Daneyko, Lamoriello believes in paying a third-line player as much as a first-line player if he feels they have the same value to the team."

Let's see Burke pull that one out and make the Leafs that good. How long the Leafs in the NHL now?
    +1000

To say that Lamoriello and the Devils success is due solely to Brodeur is idiotic. Lamourillo scouted and drafted Neidemyer, Brodeur, Gomez. While making key additions like Elias, Arnott, Mogilny, Rafalski etc. Which lead to numerous Cups. Once again Burke couldnt hold Lamourillo's BB case.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

The Devils have played a trap forever, you can put anyone on the ice to play the most boring style of game. Lou Lamoriello isn't anything special.

I want what you are smoking.

Lou and Ken are nothing special? seriously?

and Brian Burke is the best there is? are you kidding me?

you must be a leaf fan. ahahahahaha wow.
    thanks for starting my morning off with a laugh. ahahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by anth1414 View Post

Couldnt have said it better myself...MUST BE A LEAFS FAN!

The only fans in the world who can lose every year and still think they are the best...or will be the best team next year lol

As for someones previous comment about playing Toskala as opposed to bringing in the newer (better) Gustavson....watch international hockey sweden always beats finland lol

Good work Brian B, 0 and 3 so far .... sorry you do have one tie, I take that back. But I will give you credit, the team is tough as nail ... LOL

LOL, joking right? Scarasm? Come on, be truthful!
    The best managment part is kinda true.

As a whole the leafs are spending money on the managment and it shows. Well joe left so that sucks but they had

newindyk (sp?) nonis and burke. thats 3 caliber managment team which is like having 3 gm.

We spent alot more money on scouts, have the best goalie coach in the world.

The leafs do have the best non-ice personal and that is a fact.

Holland and Lou may be better as a single person (and luckier) but with the rest of our staff we are superior.
    Last edited by Rafalski; 10-09-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalski View Post
    Yay for them. That's like being the tallest midget in the world.

Call me when they have the best on-ice personnel........so I can laugh even harder when they still manage to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalski View Post
    The best managment part is kinda true.

As a whole the leafs are spending money on the managment and it shows. Well joe left so that sucks but they had

newindyk (sp?) nonis and burke. thats 3 caliber managment team which is like having 3 gm.

We spent alot more money on scouts, have the best goalie coach in the world.

Holland and Lou may be better as a single person (and luckier) but with the rest of our staff we are superior.
    I think that is an incorrect statement. I think Ken Holland and the Red Wings hold that title for the past decade or so.

Ken Holland, Steve Yzerman, Jim Nill, Jiri Fischer, Pat Verbeek, and Mark Howe
    Last edited by koFFey; 10-09-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: adding off ice support staff

Why is it so difficult for you not to see the reason why Lou and the Devils have been so successful?

Had he not luck out with Brodeur in the 1990 draft and had picked Trevor Kidd or Felix Potvin instead, i can guarantee you that the Devils would have never have won those Stanley Cups. Yeah like the Devils won those cups because of players like Alex Mogilny...............

I completely agree that Lou has done a fine job of working with a team on a shoestring budget, but thats the market place of the Devils he has no other choice but to be frugal.
    My original question was "I wonder how good Lou would be if Martin Brodeur never played a game for the devils"

Why is it so difficult for you not to see the reason why Lou and the Devils have been so successful?

Had he not luck out with Brodeur in the 1990 draft and had picked Trevor Kidd or Felix Potvin instead, i can guarantee you that the Devils would have never have won those Stanley Cups. Yeah like the Devils won those cups because of players like Alex Mogilny...............

I completely agree that Lou has done a fine job of working with a team on a shoestring budget, but thats the market place of the Devils he has no other choice but to be frugal.
    My original question was "I wonder how good Lou would be if Martin Brodeur never played a game for the devils"

If Lou's scouting staff didn' thave a clue what they were doing, they still might have pulled in Brodeur. Drafting is called the "LOTTERY", you hit or you miss. BUT your staff does the work. You staying that the only person that will win you the cup is your goaltender? It's a team effort. If players like Claude Lemieux, Stephane Richer, Scott Stevens and Niedermayer, Bobby Holik didn't help then they would never had won? Again, your statement doesn't hold up in the court of hockey. The argument seems to be about GMs, but you some how brought goaltending into this. How good was Burke? ANSWER THAT!
    At least I can provide supporting staff, players to great examples as to why Lou is probably one of the best. You haven't made one single subjective argument as to why he isn't and just by saying Brodeur, blah blah. Patrick Roy won the cup, Montreal wouldn't have won it without him, but you don't hear me saying that their GM was awesome and they would never had won the cup if Montreal never picked him. Give me a break.

Patrick Roy won the cup, Montreal wouldn't have won it without him, but you don't hear me saying that their GM was awesome and they would never had won the cup if Montreal never picked him. Give me a break.
    So you agree that Roy was a significant part with Montreal cup wins but Brodeur with the Devils isn't...........mmmmm oohhhhkay then

Lou riding shot gun with Brodeur is no different than Burgess with Rossi, Brawn with Schumacher etc etc.

So you agree that Roy was a significant part with Montreal cup wins but Brodeur with the Devils isn't...........mmmmm oohhhhkay then

Lou riding shot gun with Brodeur is no different than Burgess with Rossi, Brawn with Schumacher etc etc.

Obviously you are not reading this too well, but I understand that since you have no valid examples to support your claims, you are just trying to twist this around.
    "I said that you DON'T hear me saying that their GM was awesome and they would never had won the cup if they never had him." I did not agree to this at all, just making a point.
    Again, I speak loud and clearly that Lou is way out of Burke's league and supported my claims with acutal examples. Unlike how you just say, if it wasn't for goalie this and goalie that, trying to downplay Lou's accomplishments and compare to what Burke has done. Explain how Lou is riding shot gun? He did build the team after all. And did so with a low salary rate and with excellent drafts. Do you see Burke doing anything remotely close to this?????????? Did you not read some of the earlier posts? How is it that you can only speak about Brodeur and he is the reason for the success in NJ? COME ON MAN! Anyone with a clue for sale? I'm tired to trying to speak english to Englishj.
    Last edited by koFFey; 10-09-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anth1414 View Post

Sigh

I guess the saying is true "Everyones an expert on the internet"

Obviously you are not reading this too well, but I understand that since you have no valid examples to support your claims, you are just trying to twist this around. Again, I speak loud and clearly that Lou is way out of Burke's league and supported my claims with acutal examples. Unlike how you just say, if it wasn't for goalie this and goalie that, trying to downplay Lou's accomplishments and compare to what Burke has done.
    Where in this thread did i post that Burke was a better GM than Lou?

Perhaps you are the one that is not "reading" too well?

Anyways, you are never going to admit to the fact that main reason that Lou tasted success was Brodeur, cause after all it was Danekyo, Mogilny and Bobby Holik...............

I still haven't even mentioned Jacques Demaires name into the discussion, i wonder where he's coaching this year.................

I think that is an incorrect statement. I think Ken Holland and the Red Wings hold that title for the past decade or so.

Ken Holland, Steve Yzerman, Jim Nill, Jiri Fischer, Pat Verbeek, and Mark Howe
    Yzerman and holland good.

Jiri fisher ha sorry , Mark Howe meh, No idea who or what pat verbeek does nor jim nill.

Burke Nonis Allaire Fletcher Nashlund mike penny tom watt, dave morrosion.

Thats all star cast right there.

Where in this thread did i post that Burke was a better GM than Lou?

Perhaps you are the one that is not "reading" too well?

Anyways, you are never going to admit to the fact that main reason that Lou tasted success was Brodeur, cause after all it was Danekyo, Mogilny and Bobby Holik...............

I still haven't even mentioned Jacques Demaires name into the discussion, i wonder where he's coaching this year.................
    The way the devils were playing give them any goalie and they would do fine. Did they get lucky to get brodeur of course, but you cant say that as it was he who scouted him.

You can say that about any team that has won the cup.

Carolina was lucky to get staal and cam ward
    Pittsburg was lucky to get malkin
    Tampa was lucky to get the best year out of khabibulin

You know its just semantics.