Major Jevco Update from John Duffy Insurance - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Major Jevco Update from John Duffy Insurance

Thanks for the info!

Re: Major Jevco Update from John Duffy Insurance

i like the loyalty discounts
    x

Hmm, nice to know that monster is off the surcharge list.

Hey, I got my M1 mid June, and i had statefarm insurance until september before they changed their policy. I'm 22 and have a ninja 250, ive tried Jevco quotes and im getting back around 2000 a year. Last year Statefarm quoted me 120 a month. What do you think I need to do inorder to get my quote less then 1000 like you are saying.

Thanks in advance

Hey does this still apply? If I get my M1, maybe M2 now, then purchase a bike next summer, will my insurance be cheaper with Jevco?

Edit: Found my answer.
    Last edited by AGMZ; 05-13-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Can you explain why my renewal went up by alomost 13% from the previous year, despite me having no accidents or tickets? I have been with Jevco for 4 years now (and 3 different bikes), and I have my GM (done before my renewal Last year). I also moved to Scarborough, but that was also before my renewal last year. Basically, nothing changed between last Aug to this July, and my insurance went up 13%. Is this just the area I'm living in?

Quote Originally Posted by easy_rider_77 View Post
    Can you explain why my renewal went up by alomost 13% from the previous year, despite me having no accidents or tickets? I have been with Jevco for 4 years now (and 3 different bikes), and I have my GM (done before my renewal Last year). I also moved to Scarborough, but that was also before my renewal last year. Basically, nothing changed between last Aug to this July, and my insurance went up 13%. Is this just the area I'm living in?
    Had the same thing happen to me. Asked why...no explanation given.
    2007 VRSCDX Night Rod Special - aka. The Bike I wanted in the first place.
    2002 Honda Shadow 750 ACE

Straight Pipes 4 life!

A note to new riders who read the very first page of this thread and got excited!

If you get your M1, planning to buy a bike after a year, you must keep re-writing your M1, or go for your M2 in 60 days, to be eligible for the 1 yr discount from Jevco.

If you, like my friend, got your M1 in May of 2010, then let it run out in 60 days without re-writing or getting an M2, then go get another M1 his yr, Jevco will look at you as though you have just gotten yourM1, since you didn't maintain it for the whole year consecutive.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

My renewal went from $1000 appx to $1300appx. I have a clean record and have no claims. It looks as though I'll be shopping for a new insurance company very soon.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    A note to new riders who read the very first page of this thread and got excited!

If you get your M1, planning to buy a bike after a year, you must keep re-writing your M1, or go for your M2 in 60 days, to be eligible for the 1 yr discount from Jevco.

If you, like my friend, got your M1 in May of 2010, then let it run out in 60 days without re-writing or getting an M2, then go get another M1 his yr, Jevco will look at you as though you have just gotten yourM1, since you didn't maintain it for the whole year consecutive.
    This is correct. Jevco will provide OTHER (Preferred) rates for riders that have been licensed (M1,M2,M or any combination) for the past 12 consecutive months.

Keep in mind that this is a current Jevco rule. There is no guarantee that this rule will apply next year. Rules and rates are subject to change.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

I will be getting my M2 this month, and I intend to start riding the start of next season.

19 year old male on a Ninja 250 with an M2 for about 8 months, about how much more would a rider like this be paying compared to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Insurance Guy View Post
    Example 1: a 21 year old on a Ninja 250 with no prior insurance and licensed for 1 year would have paid $1467 for a year for $1M liability; now will pay just $893.
    Any ballpark amounts

--------

deleted
    Last edited by Toxic; 08-14-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: deleted
    "Who said we need woman? A bike is all you really need" ---- ahahahah sooo true

2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

okay so what if i have my M2 and i want to change the bike from my mothers name to my name so i can put it under my own insurance. would i get her rate or would it just be better to wait til next may to have that full year under my belt. Also is there a difference between insuaring a cruiser verses a sports bike is they are the same cc?

carrie
    Carrie

A teacher once said to me, "Don't let education get in the way of learning."

Quote Originally Posted by Bundles1991 View Post
    okay so what if i have my M2 and i want to change the bike from my mothers name to my name so i can put it under my own insurance. would i get her rate or would it just be better to wait til next may to have that full year under my belt. Also is there a difference between insuaring a cruiser verses a sports bike is they are the same cc?

carrie
    If you live with your mother, then you must inform the insurer when you obtained your license. This means the insurer would automatically assign you as the principal operator unless you are specifically excluded from the policy.

With the exception of State Farm and TD, a 600CC sport bike will cost you four times as much as a cruiser bike. This is all over the insurance forums if you poke around a bit.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)