Anyone going to be in the Ganny on the weekend?

Thread: Anyone going to be in the Ganny on the weekend?

Anyone going to be in the Ganny on the weekend?

eom.

Re: Anyone going to be in the Ganny on the weekend?

I'll be there tomorrow. I just have no idea when.

I'm hoping to - depends if I can get my tow vehicle ready in time. My van started having issues so I retired the ol' girl :(
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Looks like I'm going Sunday afternoon. Has anyone every been successful importing the forest map into their GPS?

I can get it into my GPS but I have to find a way to calibrate it better. any ideas?

So whats your new tow vehicle Xhumeka?

woa!!!!

what mapping software are you using and what sort of GPS hardware are you uploading it to???

Most GPS units I've seen/used use vector drawings as opposed to image overviews - so trying to upload a map like you've linked is next to impossible!!

I've spent HOURS trying to get a detailed map like the one you linked onto my gps unit (garmin 76CX) only to end in frustration... so if you ever get something like that onto your GPS you NEED to show me how you did it!!!

Anyhow - as for my tow vehicle, I ended up buying a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (with the 5.7 litre hemi engine :) I also will probably make Sunday my "Ganny-Day" so look for a red grand cherokee in p3 Sunday around 11am-noon!
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Quote Originally Posted by Xhumeka View Post
    woa!!!!

what mapping software are you using and what sort of GPS hardware are you uploading it to???

Most GPS units I've seen/used use vector drawings as opposed to image overviews - so trying to upload a map like you've linked is next to impossible!!

I've spent HOURS trying to get a detailed map like the one you linked onto my gps unit (garmin 76CX) only to end in frustration... so if you ever get something like that onto your GPS you NEED to show me how you did it!!!

Anyhow - as for my tow vehicle, I ended up buying a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (with the 5.7 litre hemi engine I also will probably make Sunday my "Ganny-Day" so look for a red grand cherokee in p3 Sunday around 11am-noon!
    Thats a pic of my Magellan vantage point software. The map is already loaded like that on my GPS (shows up exactly the same way). My problem is with the scaling of it. If you notice in the pic above. the blue lines is the actual tracks my GPS tracked me with and you can see that they're off of the forest map trails. Because the top right seems to be just about dead on and it gets worse closer to the bottom left I'm assuming it has something to do with scaling it.

I'm just kinda too lazy to keep rescaling the image because it takes like 10 minutes to assign the lat, long coords to the map everytime I resize it.

Anyways I'll look for you on Sunday I should be in around 1pm.

Oh ya my gps is a Magellan Triton 300 and from the looks of things I can load in maps from google earth and stuff to it.

anyone riding the ganny tomorrow? a couple of us are going to go for a ride tomorrow