My Honda CBR600RR was stolen today - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Honda CBR600RR was stolen today

Re: My Honda CBR600RR was stolen today

How did they steal your bike through auto trader? That's insane... but you're lucky they busted them all! Good job!

What are those pods you're talking about? Like a storage somewhere? Do you know of one? Where is it? Isn't it going to be a b*tch to drive there to get the bike all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Vikulkin View Post
    How did they steal your bike through auto trader? That's insane... but you're lucky they busted them all! Good job!

?
    How is that insane? the thief sees the add in the trader and phones to come look at it. He gets the address but comes some other time to steal it.

It's a freakin GTA: Toronto.
    We need guards at the garage entrance to apt, condo underground parking lots.

Banned

Its sad to read when people get their bikes stolen, and Yetti doeswnt want to come off as not giving a crap, but lookm at the solid facts.

if a thief wants your bike, , he's going to take it.

their will for stealing, is greater than your will of protecting.
    stick a GPS on it ? great, now the thief has a GPS unit to sell, thanks for the bonus.

There are dozens of videos out there, showing how easily a thief can steal a bike, even one thats locked.

Yetti can picture it now.. renting a garage, 5 blocks away, Bike anchored to cement , with heavy chain, and giant lock., and a Gps unit.

only now, becasue your bike is so far away, you buy a mountain bike to ride, now you eith have to buy a nice lock for that as well, or carry it into the condo.

Half your day will be spent chaining, and unchaining the bike.
    Soon it will be more of a hassle to get the bike out, and it'll just sit there collecting dust.

solution ? thgere is none. just have insurance, and dont worry about it.

whats the point in enjoying something, if you're too terrified to leave it anywhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    How is that insane? the thief sees the add in the trader and phones to come look at it. He gets the address but comes some other time to steal it.
    Insane in the sense that those buggers are so blunt! They won't stop for anything! They come see you and your bike face to face in the broad daylight while planning to steal it off of you! That's DARE!!!

Those people have no souls! Seeing and talking to a person that they're about to make miserable

this sounds crazy me n my buddy we both park out bikes on the same parkin spot somehow we put the car in the front of bikes nothin has happened yet hope it doesnt .. now this story got me thinkin of gettin that GPS system thing maybe wothof money a piece of mind .. sorry for ur bike man hope those suckers fall from it and die 1-st time the ride it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    that sounds crazy ! me and my buddy, we both park our bikes in the same parking spot. we put the car in the front of our bikes and nothing has happened yet. I hope it doesnt .. now this story got me thinking of gettin that GPS system thing maybe worth the money and for piece of mind .. sorry for your bike man hope those suckers fall from it and die 1-st time they ride it.

yetti was bored.

Still horrible, but at least people can read it

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    stick a GPS on it ? great, now the thief has a GPS unit to sell, thanks for the bonus.

There are dozens of videos out there, showing how easily a thief can steal a bike, even one thats locked.

Yetti can picture it now.. renting a garage, 5 blocks away, Bike anchored to cement , with heavy chain, and giant lock., and a Gps unit.

only now, becasue your bike is so far away, you buy a mountain bike to ride, now you eith have to buy a nice lock for that as well, or carry it into the condo.

Half your day will be spent chaining, and unchaining the bike.
    Soon it will be more of a hassle to get the bike out, and it'll just sit there collecting dust.
    I wish your comments would start to make sense.

Dam... sorry to hear about your bike.

I have that fear too now hearing about all these apartment/condo thefts. I live in an apartment and have underground parking for my car. Currently I park my bike in between the back wall and the back of my car.

Considering getting a wheel lock as well.

I would still go with a GPS to track the bike, that can be well hidden and may take the theifs a while to locate.

If they are pro's they will have a GPS signal blocker in their van as well as the shop/garage/ they are going to drop your bike of at.

But, i would still invest in a gps tracker, if its just some amateurs, you still have a chance at getting your bike back, or least knowing were its located.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikulkin View Post
    Insane in the sense that those buggers are so blunt! They won't stop for anything! They come see you and your bike face to face in the broad daylight while planning to steal it off of you! That's DARE!!!

Those people have no souls! Seeing and talking to a person that they're about to make miserable
    Thats horrible to you? Ive had a gun pulled on me for $100 face to face....At least your life wasnt in danger! There is much worse out there in the GTA....violent crimes

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    yetti was bored.

Still horrible, but at least people can read it
    yetti missed a "g"
    Silent but deadly!!!