Disabled busa on McCowan...thanx for nuttin" - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disabled busa on McCowan...thanx for nuttin"

Re: Disabled busa on McCowan...thanx for nuttin"

Yep, Cat and Infernobuster, I remember that you guys stopped for me on the 507. It was a couple of years ago now and I remember it clearly. Wobblycat and I had a nice chat on the side of the road, sitting up on that rock, actually.

Thanks very much again, guys, I don't care it was a long time a go, THANKS!!

Bit of negative crap being posted against someone who was relating a disappointing experience. If you're pleased/proud of your bike, would you not fit that into the conversation, somewhere ? I haven't noticed the OP belabouring that point in her posts - leastways, not anymore than a lot of us.
    And what's this crap about not buying something you can't push ? Is that now a criteria for purchasing a bike ? Did you have any particular distance in mind ? My bike weighs close to half a ton and I have no problem handling/manuevering it, so long as the engine's running and it's in gear - but, I certainly didn't buy it to see how far I could push it.
    Can't wait for the doofus down the street, to come home from work and tell him he has to get rid of his Escalade and buy a Kia, Rio !

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

When I crashed in Ajax back on June 2nd I was standing near my mangled bike on the sidewalk, jeans ripped open with one leg dripping blood, gear spread all over the ground including helmet, miscellaneous fluids dripping off the bike and not a single rider stopped or made any motion to me asking if I was ok. A bunch of cagers stopped when it happened though which made me think people aren't quite as selfish as I thought they might be. A cop showed up later and asked if I was ok. Not that there was anything a fellow rider could've done but I kept hearing about this rider camaraderie so I was surprised no riders stopped at all even though many passed.

women on busas scare me!!!!
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Ok, I am not expecting a mechanic to show up, but I would havereally liked a hand to push the fat busa backwards up the hill to clear more of the bus lane.
    Did it not occur to you to simply ride/roll the bike forwards, down the hill, to clear the bus lane?

Because when the bus came along I pointed to my bike and made a thumbs down motion to let him know that the bike was non-operable and he STILL almost knocked it over, there was a thumbs width clearence between the bus and the bike.
    Are you stating the the city bus drivers are among the best around? I woulnd't have agreed with you normally, but since the driver was able to completely avoid your bike even though your bike was apparently blocking his/her path... seems like a good driver to me - they do exist.

Sometimes when I park my truck in the underground parking, I don't ALMOST hit the concrete poll every time I park, but rather, with skill and mirrors, I park my truck within 1 inch of the poll. I do not ALMOST KNOCK THE POLL OVER. Sounds like the bus driver simply knew how to drive.

Do you know how to signal to other riders that you require assistance?

Traffic was crawling, I was in a bus lane, risk to stop would have been minimal AT BEST.
    So you wanted someone who was also stuck in this same awful traffic that caused your busa to fail, to stop and suffer with you? Did you signal to any of the bikers that you even needed help? It sounds like you would have appeared to be "waiting" - and everyone who passed you assumed you were simply waiting for your CAA call to go through.

So you guys that rode past me, don't worry, I stop for EVERYBODY, even Harleys, it's true!, and I will stop for you if you ever need two seconds of morale support.
    How many bikes really passed you? and how many of those were in the slow lane (curb lane, closest to you)?

Keep us apprised of what the cause of this failure was. I'm sure everyone would like to know why this happened to you, so they can prevent it from happening to them, especially the female busa crowd, since no-body will stop to help chicks on busas.

Me, I don't stop for chicks on busa's cause I'm afraid their boyfriends will kick my *** for looking at their busa riding girlfriends

Wow, interesting responses to a rider commenting about lack of respone to being in trouble.

I agree with the posters that think you shouldn't expect help from other bikers. Still, it is nice to get it. I know I give it and I've gotten it as well, over the years.

And what the hell is this about needing to push your bike? Are you able to push your car? Its a vehicle, you use the engine to make it go. When it breaks and don't go, you get assistance. If you're able to push it a ways, great. If you can't so what? Can all you big he-men lift your bikes by yourself? I don't think I can lift a Busa. I can lift my Cane but so what if I couldn't?

Sometimes this forum seems full of people just waiting an excuse to dump on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    No kidding her and pecas.

Also why do you think you and your busa is the best thing since sliced bread. Every ****in thread is about being a girl and riding a busa and how everyone you encounter is intimidated by a girl on a busa.

Why are you and pecas so stuck on what you are riding?

Maybe you should get a bike you are actually big enough to manouver and push if need be.
    Um, I didn't have anything to do with this thread, I've already had my rant, so why drag my name into it? Not cool. As for being stuck on what one rides....what's wrong with loving your bike. I've seen many much nicer bikes than mine out in the community. I just happen to love my bikes...didn't think that was a crime.
    Actions speak louder than words

I have a CAA gold card, and a Visa, its all the moral support ever needed to get off a hyway.

Learned in Boy Scouts, be prepared. That and don't drop the soap.

Bike or cage... I stop or at least motion to the rider/driver to ensure they are OK, have a cell phone, waiting for someone, etc.

Just the other day a cruiser was pulled off and I approached, beeped and gave a thumbs up... a thumbs up was given back.

I agree that most of the riders out there aren't part of the GTAforum but I still don't get why you wouldn't at least give some eye contact to see if they need help or not. Its the friendly thing to do...

Most people have cell phones these days, but what if someone forgot it, or couldnt get a hold of their pals.

A quick ride down to the gas station... a philips screw driver to tighten something that needs it... whatever someone needs we should all be helpful to others.

... you never know when you are going to need the help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    I have a CAA gold card, and a Visa, its all the moral support ever needed to get off a hyway.
    +1

CAA+ and my Visa got me out of a jam last month.... oh, and a charged cell phone with good reception, and a GPS to give co-ordinates (I was in no man's land when I went down)

Quote Originally Posted by mike.from.canmore View Post
    Did it not occur to you to simply ride/roll the bike forwards, down the hill, to clear the bus lane?

Are you stating the the city bus drivers are among the best around? I woulnd't have agreed with you normally, but since the driver was able to completely avoid your bike even though your bike was apparently blocking his/her path... seems like a good driver to me - they do exist.

Sometimes when I park my truck in the underground parking, I don't ALMOST hit the concrete poll every time I park, but rather, with skill and mirrors, I park my truck within 1 inch of the poll. I do not ALMOST KNOCK THE POLL OVER. Sounds like the bus driver simply knew how to drive.

Do you know how to signal to other riders that you require assistance?

So you wanted someone who was also stuck in this same awful traffic that caused your busa to fail, to stop and suffer with you? Did you signal to any of the bikers that you even needed help? It sounds like you would have appeared to be "waiting" - and everyone who passed you assumed you were simply waiting for your CAA call to go through.

How many bikes really passed you? and how many of those were in the slow lane (curb lane, closest to you)?

Keep us apprised of what the cause of this failure was. I'm sure everyone would like to know why this happened to you, so they can prevent it from happening to them, especially the female busa crowd, since no-body will stop to help chicks on busas.

Me, I don't stop for chicks on busa's cause I'm afraid their boyfriends will kick my *** for looking at their busa riding girlfriends

Wow, mike, you put a lot of thought and time into your post. I will respond to a few points and then after that I just don't care that much. I do havee CAA PLUS. Since I had a guess of what the problem may be, I didn't want to use up a tow ( which I would rather save for my old beater car) for a bike that may have been rideable with enough patience.

I had already rolled the bike backwards to clear more of the lane, going forward would have put it right in front of the shelter.

Anyway, THANKS AGAIN to Wobblycat and Infernobuster for stopping that day. As an aside, a couple years ago I was on a ride with some guys that I met that day at the top of the 507. One rider crashed on E.L.Road and myself and one other rider,stayed with the guys bike for over 3 hours waiting for CAA,as he was off to the hospital, followed the bike to the yard,made sure it was safe then off to the hospital to check on dude.

My ride had started at about 9:00 am and I got home at 1:00 am. All the others left, except for myself and the other guy.

I had never met the crashed rider until that day. I was happy to help a rider in need and I didn't want to leave everything on the shoulders of the one other guy. It just didn't seem right to me.

When I read some of the posts about riders who don't bother to stop or signal thumbs up or down or riders who crash and no one stops,it kinda saddens me. I don't expect anyone to stop.

But it's real nice when ya do......

One just really appreciates it when someone stops to offer help rather than giving you the finger/ chastizing you for interfering in their travels. Everyone has issues from time to time but what happened to common courtesy? I've lived in the city and in the stix, just found more of it outside the city limits.

really dissappointing hearing peoples responses on here, so much negativity!

I don't expect people to stop to help me but if they do then great. I stop and ask anyone who's stranded roadside, i've even offered up one of my tows on my caa card! But a girl on the side of the road, well i guess it is true-toronto is full of homosexuals. lmao

atleast you got it goin again and were able to make it home safely. I'm sure the waiting and sitting tho was stressful especially when the bus nearly clipped it.

It's really sad to see how far our society has fallen..........
    Last edited by tylerdurden119; 09-19-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    FREE YOURSELF FROM SOCIETY'S CONVENTIONAL THINKING, DON'T BE A SHEEP

Quote Originally Posted by pecas View Post
    Um, I didn't have anything to do with this thread, I've already had my rant, so why drag my name into it? Not cool. As for being stuck on what one rides....what's wrong with loving your bike. I've seen many much nicer bikes than mine out in the community. I just happen to love my bikes...didn't think that was a crime.

The fact that you started a thread complaining that people didn't pull over to see if you were ok, even though you were ok. That and the fact you thought people didn't wave or check on you because you ride a ducati...

Nothing wrong with loving your bike, but when your post goes something like "Did no one stop for me because I was riding a ducati..."... "No one stopped because they were intimidated by a girl on a Busa"

It gets old TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden119 View Post

well i guess it is true-toronto is full of homosexuals. lmao

wooooowww

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden119 View Post

I don't expect people to stop to help me but if they do then great. I stop and ask anyone who's stranded roadside, if even offered up one of my tows on my caa card! But a girl on the side of the road, well i guess it is true-toronto is full of homosexuals. lmao

atleast you got it goin again and were able to make it home safely. I'm sure the waiting and sitting tho was stressful especially when the bus nearly clipped it.

I agree, Tyler Durden. The pple who say there is no such thing as a brotherhood ect, well, fine for them. But I am going to ride/ conduct myself in a way that promotes just that, and SOD YOU ALL if you don't like it.

A couple of weeks ago I ran out of gas on the highway in the middle of nowhere in New Brunswick. I called a gas station (got the number from the GPS) and waited for an hour and a half for gas to arrive. In all that time not a single car or motorcycle stopped to offer help.

The issue is not always that people don't want to help; it's also that they don't necessarily know if you need help. And it's not just Toronto.

By the way, when my CBR1000RR is almost brand new last year I got stuck in stop-and-go traffic on Hwy 11 and it heated to over 106 F. So I switched it off to cool it down and then the traffic started to move immediately and the bike wouldn't start. I had to pull over for 10-15 minutes for it to cool down before it started again. It appears that's what happened to the Busa.

Quote Originally Posted by Metropole View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I ran out of gas on the highway in the middle of nowhere in New Brunswick. I called a gas station (got the number from the GPS) and waited for an hour and a half for gas to arrive. In all that time not a single car or motorcycle stopped to offer help.

The issue is not always that people don't want to help; it's also that they don't necessarily know if you need help. And it's not just Toronto.

By the way, when my CBR1000RR is almost brand new last year I got stuck in stop-and-go traffic on Hwy 11 and it heated to over 106 F. So I switched it off to cool it down and then the traffic started to move immediately and the bike wouldn't start. I had to pull over for 10-15 minutes for it to cool down before it started again. It appears that's what happened to the Busa.
    Maybe u mean celcius?

My bike regularly reaches 220F in traffic and starts hot no problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Maybe u mean celcius?

My bike regularly reaches 220F in traffic and starts hot no problem...
    You're right. It's probably Celsius.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Got stuck the same night down near the U2 concert. Waited 45 minutes for a good friend to drIve down after I called, to give me a boost and follow me home. Lots of people asked if I could roll my bike out of the primo parking spot. What should I do for the guy?