Long Weekend Races......thoughts? - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Weekend Races......thoughts?

Re: Long Weekend Races......thoughts?

I'd race in the cruiser class if you made one

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    OK asked and answered loud and clear. No long weekend races. (Sorry majority seem to not want it)
    Next question, any classes you would like to see?
    Relay races?
    Crusiers?
    Mopeds?
    Push starts for Vintage?
    More practice?
    More races?
    More Endurance?
    Less anything?
    Schedule (# of rounds, spacing) ?

Its your series what are you wanting to make it? We have a base and can morph into whatever the masses want.
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
    How about a pit bike race?
    That would be kind of fun to be honest with you. As long as it didn't take too much time from real motorcycle racing, or practice sessions.

How about a Rookie A class for riders with 5 or less race weekends and with 675cc or less bikes. Then a rookie B class for riders with 10 or less race weekends open to any bike. That way this years rookies still have a class they can be competitive in and we eliminate the problem we had this year where 1000's were having an unfair advantage and pissing the rest of us with legitimate rookie bikes off! We could do a 2 wave start with rookie B ahead and the 2nd wave with rookie A.

A new rider with no race experience but with say an R1 would be forced into rookie B, leveling the playing field a bit and being less discouraging for rookies. I can't emphasise how much of a ***** is is to spend a whole lap reeling a guy in just to have him cruise away down the straits and then slow you down in the infield...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by Fawaz View Post
    That would be kind of fun to be honest with you. As long as it didn't take too much time from real motorcycle racing, or practice sessions.
    Do it just before the sun sets, not like we need marshals or the ambulance for that! Free for all! Note all baseball bats must be the plastic foam covered ones...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    How about a Rookie A class for riders with 5 or less race weekends and with 675cc or less bikes. Then a rookie B class for riders with 10 or less race weekends open to any bike. That way this years rookies still have a class they can be competitive in and we eliminate the problem we had this year where 1000's were having an unfair advantage and pissing the rest of us with legitimate rookie bikes off! We could do a 2 wave start with rookie B ahead and the 2nd wave with rookie A.

A new rider with no race experience but with say an R1 would be forced into rookie B, leveling the playing field a bit and being less discouraging for rookies. I can't emphasise how much of a ***** is is to spend a whole lap reeling a guy in just to have him cruise away down the straits and then slow you down in the infield...

how bout a different class for every bike, by brand, cc, tire type and a separate subclass for riders with different hair colour.

level playing fields are for lawn bowling, this is racing.

The amatuer classes used to have 50+ riders showing up for 36 grid spots, lots of guys were riding cases of beer by sat afternoon, the ones that got discouraged went home, the ones that didn't, got better.

What motivation do you have to get better if you know you're going to make the main every time?

The same thing I have been saying all year. You or anyone else can protest the entry and the person would not be permitted to race. Problem solved. The 1000cc bikes are illegal in the class. If fellow competitors do/did not want them there just protest and viola they are not there.

Motorhome racing??????

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

level playing fields are for lawn bowling, this is racing.
    But the rules are there for a reason and should be enforced at registration and not rely on other riders to protest after the fact.

If the limit is 600cc multis then litre bikes shouldn't be allowed. There were 750s and 1000s allowed to run all year.

a CBR1000 was allowed to run in the rookie final and took out the points leader in turn 2 costing him the rookie cup. A protest after the fact is pretty pointless. The bike shouldn't have even been in the race to start with.. If you want to run a Litre bike, There's Superbike and Open Sprint.

Why even bother having rules if they're not going to be enforced then ?

Do you think you'd get away with running a Litre bike in the 600cc classes at RACE, WERA or AMA ?..

If SOAR is to be taken seriously as a series then everyone should be expected to play by the rules and they need to be enforced.

The type of bike should be posted along with rider and number.

The same thing I have been saying all year. You or anyone else can protest the entry and the person would not be permitted to race. Problem solved. The 1000cc bikes are illegal in the class. If fellow competitors do/did not want them there just protest and viola they are not there.
    Then why are they not told they can't run that class when they're registering ? They are supposed to put the bike type and displacement in the entry sheet. How are the other competitors supposed to know what type of bike it is, Most Racebikes don't have the factory identification. And the type of bike is not posted o the results.

What's the OMB?

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    But the rules are there for a reason and should be enforced at registration and not rely on other riders to protest after the fact.

If the limit is 600cc multis then litre bikes shouldn't be allowed. There were 750s and 1000s allowed to run all year.

a CBR1000 was allowed to run in the rookie final and took out the points leader in turn 2 costing him the rookie cup. A protest after the fact is pretty pointless. The bike shouldn't have even been in the race to start with.. If you want to run a Litre bike, There's Superbike and Open Sprint.

Why even bother having rules if they're not going to be enforced then ?

Do you think you'd get away with running a Litre bike in the 600cc classes at RACE, WERA or AMA ?..

If SOAR is to be taken seriously as a series then everyone should be expected to play by the rules and they need to be enforced.

The type of bike should be posted along with rider and number.
    John,

First the ladies doing registration do not know anything about what bike and what class......
    Second you and every competitor knows the rules and knows how to protest. if you do not want to that is your call, and in turn your loss.
    That bike in question ran the qualifier and for that matter two previous rounds and nobody protested. If you/they had that bike would have not been there to be involved in that wreck.
    There are rules and there is a mechanism to enforce them. Period.
    Dont even get me started on other series rules. RACE uses hp to regulate classes. When was the last time there was a dyno at the track? I know for fact that my last year racing at Shannonville half the 600 grid were GSXRs with 750 engines funny how bikes in RACE would whoop up all year then when the national round came to town with thier dyno the same fast guys were mid pack or worse......hmmmmm. In over twenty years racing with RACE I can count on one hand the number of teardowns I saw. None of them since RACE was the national organization.
    I have also raced AMA where there are also hp limits. Many top running bikes were running multiple maps with hidden switches. One for power and one for a dyno.
    Bottom line is that we have rules and will enforce them. There is a racer protest system in place. We as an org made a decision from the start to not to make rules that we dont have the capacity top enforce.
    Seeing as the system you propose for us to be taken "seriously" doesnt work for other orgs I see no reason to follow suit because riders dont want to get involved. I dont have the time nor the staff to police this stuff, if the riders dont want to (they have a vested interest and the time to do it) then why should I worry about it? I guess we will never be taken seriously
    Last edited by kneedragger88; 09-17-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Then why are they not told they can't run that class when they're registering ? They are supposed to put the bike type and displacement in the entry sheet. How are the other competitors supposed to know what type of bike it is, Most Racebikes don't have the factory identification. And the type of bike is not posted o the results.
    Because the girls dont know what bike goes in what class. I generally have to sort the multi class entries later. Their job is not rulebook oriented.
    Come on John the riders know what bike is what. There are ways to tell them apart outside of numbers on stickers. How did you know Garveys bike was a 1000?

2-up racing!!!!!!
    *~Maggie~*

IMO, the rookie class should be open anyway. I think a 1000 is more of a detrement to a rookie anyway.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    IMO, the rookie class should be open anyway. I think a 1000 is more of a detrement to a rookie anyway.
    This is assuming that the 1000 isn't being ridden by a trackday veteran who is very capable and signs up in Rookie because it's his first set of actual races.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

How did you know Garveys bike was a 1000?
    I looked at it after the race, but by the time I did the results had been posted and it was outside the 30 minute window for protests.

It was confusing because the bike had #5 on it, But the results listed it as #55
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 09-17-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chelle333 View Post
    Motorhome racing??????
    Just a reminder:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohkAxbeMxVo
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
    How about a pit bike race?
    Hells yah! They do pit bike races at some of the WERA events and it's a barrel full of monkeys kinda fun. Lots of elbow to elbow shenanigans!

You make it sound like a liter bike is just as easy to ride as a 600 only it goes faster. At TMP the 1000's really have no advantage, look at the lap times that Jodi was laying down on his 600RR. Yes, that's one helluva 600RR but he's still down about 35hp on me. At a track like TMP, a 600 is to a 1000 what an SV is to a 600. No one complains about the SV's being outgunned by the 600's though.

I'm not really sure why you're getting all uppity. Like i said above, the 1000's really don't have any measurable advantage at TMP. The incident could have just as easily happened with a 600RR instead of a 1000RR. I think your point is moot.

FWIW, i could pass my bike through RACE tech as a ZX6R if i wanted to. I'd probably get away with it.

Why should being on a 1000 exclude me from the Rookie series? The idea is to give riders with less experience a competitive class.. no?? Just being on a 1000 means i should not be permitted the benefits of entering that class? I'm still a novice racer, i've only had one race at Shannonville.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Agreed. Why put limits on displacement in the rookie cup?

Quote Originally Posted by toybm View Post
    This is assuming that the 1000 isn't being ridden by a trackday veteran who is very capable and signs up in Rookie because it's his first set of actual races.
    And a 600 being ridden by a trackday veteran is ok?

I think you guys are missing the point here, there is a box on the registration sheets that says cc's how hard would it be to put a max on that field of 675cc. If you've got more you can't sign up. If they wanna make 600+ bikes eligible than fine, but don't go making a rule and then blatantly ignore it. Oh and the girls up in registration know more about bikes than I do...

What exactly would be so hard about my solution?
    SOAR Novice #113