Long Weekend Races......thoughts? - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Weekend Races......thoughts?

Re: Long Weekend Races......thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    you're such a tease!

Is anyone familiar with the Dunnville Autodrome? Is that track race worthy?

never heard of this place before!

The owners will punch you in the face if you mention motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    That's why we need to say "half-cars"
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Hahah. Buy it and change the name to Dunville Motodrome!

I wanted the Aerial Atom video they have on their website, track seems bumpy!

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post

Is anyone familiar with the Dunnville Autodrome? Is that track race worthy?
    Yes, But it's permanently closed since they lost a OMB Hearing because of residents complaining about noise..

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Yes, But it's permanently closed since they lost a OMB Hearing because of residents complaining about noise..
    yep

http://www.dunnvillechronicle.com/Ar...aspx?e=1715629

So they tried to do everything right and STILL got screwed...

****** the OMB anyway. Goddamn province is ran by a bunch if hippy pantywastes...
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Neale Armstrong, on behalf of Toronto Motorsports Park and D. Blunt, on behalf of Beckley Beach Cottagers Corporation, spoke in opposition of the Autodrome.
    I'd really like to hear their position on that one..... I figured the community would stick together
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I'd really like to hear their position on that one..... I figured the community would stick together
    The OMB is used ALLOT to go after the competition.

There was a new Gym opening up by my place (Snap Fitness) and the goons over at Burlington Fitness and Racquet Club filed an OMB complaint SIMPLY to push back their opening date for a few months. The city and all councilors supported the new gym, but since the cronies over at BFRC filed the OMB complaint there was little they could do only support the new gym in the OMB process.

I would guess that is akin to what TMP did to the Autodrome in this case.

The things that we deem acceptable amazes me more and more each day...

The OMB should be bloody disbanded. Now they have a budget that they want to increase each and every yeay, and what better way then to stick their noses in where they don't belong.

Just so you know. Neale Armstrong is the track manager of TMP dragstrip. He has proven time and again with SOAR that he has no love of roadracing and or motorcycles as our riders can attest.
    Lee Abramson the owner of Dunnville is also the principal for the new track in Niagara Falls (The Niagara Falls World of Motorsports). He also owns a track in Florida.
    SOAR is already speaking to him regarding events at the new facility should the forcasted date occur as planned in 2010 for first phase. The other track in Ft Erie had a city council meeting last Tuesday and it was 50-50 support. They were suppose to have another one this week but I have no info yet. Its the "NASCAR" one that you have been hearing about with the Dubai investors. The NF track is already in the go mode. They expect OMB ruling in Oct already have city and tree hugger aproval. The FE track has council support but needs to go through hearings etc and a vote. They have done the enviro study and need OMB.
    In a perfect world by 2011 we will have two wordclass tracks 10 min apart along the QEW.
    Whatever happens SOAR will be in there like a dirty shirt
    Last edited by kneedragger88; 09-17-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Neale sounds like a real prince Looking forward to the new tracks. I'd prefer something right on the QEW, even though TMP isn't too bad to get to. The traffic is light enough to be able to pass at will, especially on 2 wheels.
    As for long weekend track days, I'll follow the sentiment that people mostly plan trips and family events, so SOAR would suffer from scheduling long weekend races.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Just so you know. Neale Armstrong is the track manager of TMP dragstrip. He has proven time and again with SOAR that he has no love of roadracing and or motorcycles as our riders can attest.
    Lee Abramson the owner of Dunnville is also the principal for the new track in Niagara Falls (The Niagara Falls World of Motorsports). He also owns a track in Florida.
    SOAR is already speaking to him regarding events at the new facility should the forcasted date occur as planned in 2010 for first phase. The other track in Ft Erie had a city council meeting last Tuesday and it was 50-50 support. They were suppose to have another one this week but I have no info yet. Its the "NASCAR" one that you have been hearing about with the Dubai investors. The NF track is already in the go mode. They expect OMB ruling in Oct already have city and tree hugger aproval. The FE track has council support but needs to go through hearings etc and a vote. They have done the enviro study and need OMB.
    In a perfect world by 2011 we will have two wordclass tracks 10 min apart along the QEW.
    Whatever happens SOAR will be in there like a dirty shirt
    For god sakes let us know if there is anything we can do to help

I think a double header on one of the long weekends next year would be very cool!

OK asked and answered loud and clear. No long weekend races. (Sorry majority seem to not want it)
    Next question, any classes you would like to see?
    Relay races?
    Crusiers?
    Mopeds?
    Push starts for Vintage?
    More practice?
    More races?
    More Endurance?
    Less anything?
    Schedule (# of rounds, spacing) ?

Its your series what are you wanting to make it? We have a base and can morph into whatever the masses want.

I'd shut the quad boys out. In the turns, they're mostly riding on 2 wheels and I was just waiting for one to flip out. In open wheel racing, they can go flying in any direction. Well either that or make marshals' posts flying-flipping-quad-proof
    I'd like to see SM racing there as well, even though I'm not sure that the TMP track is tight enough for that purpose.

I'd shut the quad boys out. In the turns, they're mostly riding on 2 wheels and I was just waiting for one to flip out. In open wheel racing, they can go flying in any direction. Well either that or make marshals' posts flying-flipping-quad-proof
    I'd like to see SM racing there as well, even though I'm not sure that the TMP track is tight enough for that purpose.
    See I like the quads........ I am hopeful they can do the numbers. Two wheels is part of the fun. But mrshall safety is mandatory if marsalls can do F1/Indy cars I am sure we can make it safe for quads.
    The SM boys had their chance last year. We were less than a week from breaking ground on a perm track to the left of T1 that used a small section of the road course. They called a couple days before and said they were going to Shanny. Seems like a good thing as their numbers were just no there all season . I would like to see it but I question if it can ever be just another class on our schedule. They have tried various times and it just hasnt proven viable. Who knows maybe that will change.

If I can scrape up the cash for a SM bike for next season you'll at least have one guy willing to enter a couple of races and sweep for the rest of the pack, but on a sad note, one less marshal

If I can scrape up the cash for a SM bike for next season you'll at least have one guy willing to enter a couple of races and sweep for the rest of the pack, but on a sad note, one less marshal
    If there "was" a pack it might be worthwhile. On the upside you can always run other classes on the motard.

I might be able to make it out once, but if I get a 250 I'd probably have a lower top speed than a CBR125, so expect lap times of about 1:50 if I get REALLY good on one of those

How about a pit bike race?

S.O.A.R. #18