Running.. ugghh

Thread: Running.. ugghh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Running.. ugghh

yeah I'm usually doing 10k every other day rotating between 5k and 15k's every other week to switch it up but yea there are days it hurts bad.. just wanna get to half marathon status 20k +

Nice.

I'm not sure if i'll ever get up that high. I used to think 10km would have been impossible too though. I'm going to try and get up to 15km by the time the snow flies. I'm not sure if its common but i do run a lot better in cooler weather.

I was beat after my run today!!!

Oh sweet Jesus I hate running. I absolutely despise it....mostly because it does absolutely NOTHING for me. Back when I used to practice muay thai or dragonboat I used to run pretty regularly. Did I lose weight? Hell no....well nothing that can be attributed to the running anyway.

I'll sprint....skip rope for half an hour....use that damned rowing machine...hell I'd rather deadlift until my hands are bleeding, rather than run for more than 5K.

On that note I commend you and your running efforts. I seriously don't know how you guys do it. Keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    On that note I commend you and your running efforts. I seriously don't know how you guys do it. Keep up the good work!!
    The odd time that the battery in mp3 player gives out half way through my run i want to shoot myself. uugghhh!!!

I fire up the tunes, figure out my cadence then i just put it on cruise control and my mind totally checks out.

I hate running alone.
    But, I like running in the mornings with work as I'm competitive and like leaving people in my dust, especially since I don't look like a runner.

i do lots of biking for my cardio. i switch it up between road biking and mountain biking, that way i change it up a little bit. I find i love riding bicycles, so its not a burden for me to go out and ride for 20 km.

****** running
    RR

I do 5k every other day...maybe 3 times a week..I don't really hate it..I don't listen to music..I just run and kinda zone out. It's nice to do stuff that doesn't require thinking. Seriously! It's hard for me..need to lose 20lbs to really be half-decent at it, although my last 5k run time was 26mins or so. I don't know if I could finish a 10k!! Props!!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

I am back up to a solid 5K now and 2.4K time is about 10:30-11 (army crap) I've started swimming as in a few months it will be snowy and I don't like running on a treadmill so I swim. Gotta get back into the rhythm and routine.

Took a break after I went down as I was a bit sore and doctors orders and stuff but I've been running 3-4 times a week when I can now.

However, since I am trying to put on weight (20, 6'3, 165LBS and I am working for a solid constant 175 by the end of the year) I might cut down a bit of the running as my fast metabolism and running make gaining weight even that much harder.

I don't mind running and I try and switch it up with longer distance same pace runs, intervals of sprinting and running between telephone poles and hills days keep it interesting. Also the motivation of when I stop having to do 20 pushups and situps keeps me wanting to run somedays (and somedays I want to stop and do those pushups so I can rest, funny huh)
    Last edited by ScoTTY88; 09-15-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    Good job Timmy!

I run but I also love it. I used to run with music but I run better, faster, stronger, longer without music. It sounds strange but I count to 8 repeatedly. If you have any pace issues it helps keep your pace and your form is better.

Keep it up!
    I hate running w/ music too. I dont see how ppl can do that. I like to focus on my breathing and getting my body in a rhythm. Running is where I do all my thinking too. I run alone and find ppl distracting. I can bearly do half of the distance when I run w/ ppl.

...yep, I'm a loner

Oh, yeh, I cant get ppl who run at threadmills too. Dont u want a change of scenery? No wonder u have to motivate yourself.
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    I hate running alone.
    But, I like running in the mornings with work as I'm competitive and like leaving people in my dust, especially since I don't look like a runner.
    ^ until those famous words, "Left wheel! Left Wheel!" Might as well be mid pack!

I hate running distance. Only times I did it was when on course that's it...thankfully I could usually stay in front of the pack....don't ask me how... Other than that, it takes me about 4 - 6 weeks in spring to get into rugby shape and that's fine, but I still despise running the 5 K around the park. yeagh!
    Never do it during the year unless it's a mild 5 mins for the gym...
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,