I don't even run to the bathroom.

Re: Running.. ugghh

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    I don't even run to the bathroom.

What about the free martini line?
    x

Diggin up an old thread.

Had my longest run today. Previous longest was 13km (don't know the time) and today i managed 16km in roughly 1h42m. The things i do just to fit into my leathers.. ugghhhhh....

all this running could save your life one day (see:reduced risk of heart disease. damn heart disease).

but yeah, i hate HATE H A T E running, but do so for 2 main reasons. Motorcyles and Rugby. I need to fit in that damn jacket every spring and rugby is a whole lot more fun when you can run the whole game and smack people.

i've recently gotten a decent road bike (bicycle) and find that on the days i absolutely can't fathom running, hopping on the bike for 20-40 km usually does the trick instead.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

I'm also on the "fit into my leathers" running program.

I purposefully bought leathers that were too small just to motivate me. They're sitting on a chair in my living room so I see them ALL the time. If I even think of snacking...I take a look at the leathers.

They need to fit by the time I go to the Gap at the end of May.

Oh and I signed up for a 10K too. Tim it's in Kitchener if you wanted to do it too. $28 to sign up.

$28 to run 10k damn, you can't afford NOT to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Diggin up an old thread.

Had my longest run today. Previous longest was 13km (don't know the time) and today i managed 16km in roughly 1h42m. The things i do just to fit into my leathers.. ugghhhhh....
    Congrats on your long run. BTW how often / how much do you run weekly? Reason I ask, sometimes you can get more benefit from more shorter runs. In running, frequency imo is key.
    len = len + 20; /* add some buffer */

Quote Originally Posted by moosh009 View Post
    Congrats on your long run. BTW how often / how much do you run weekly? Reason I ask, sometimes you can get more benefit from more shorter runs. In running, frequency imo is key.
    Usually 4 or 5 days a week, and the runs are usually 5 or 8km. I just felt like tryin to best myself today.

New personal best for me today, 2.4K (1.5miles) in 10:10. Whooppp de do.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Usually 4 or 5 days a week, and the runs are usually 5 or 8km. I just felt like tryin to best myself today.
    4-5 times a week is good.

I found the info in this post quite useful:
    http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Run_Training_-_The_Program_(part_1)_P2545826/

It's a little long but, but the concepts described there really worked for me.
    len = len + 20; /* add some buffer */

Banned

Go to Karate or Judo. Running warmup around the Dojo only. Jogging makes me feel like a hamster.