Running.. ugghh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running.. ugghh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Running.. ugghh

Why do i do it!? If it weren't for the results i would never do it.

When i got my new 1-piece suit in April i couldn't even zip it up let alone with the back protector in too. It took me 5 weeks to drop the weight to get it done up with the back protector, maybe 25lbs? Just running 5 times a week either 5 or 8km and saying goodbye to my good friend carbs. I managed to do my first ever 10km run in 59 minutes around the middle of June.

It was all going to plan until i broke my collar bone, i wasnt really able to do much physically for about a month and the leathers were pretty tight so i had to put my running shoes back on. I've been back at the running for a few weeks now and just did my 2nd 10km run today in 57 minutes. I don't think im getting off the couch for the rest of the night! Ugghh!!

One thing is for sure, if it wasnt for my mp3 player running would be impossible!

Anyone else run even though they hate it?? lol

Re: Running.. ugghh

ha ha and I thought this was just another 'running' thread.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    lmao same here

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
    lmao same here

ahhaha i never even thought of that when i was writing the title!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post

When i got my new 1-piece suit in April i couldn't even zip it up let alone with the back protector in too. It took me 5 weeks to drop the weight to get it done up with the back protector, maybe 25lbs? Just running 5 times a week either 5 or 8km and saying goodbye to my good friend carbs. I managed to do my first ever 10km run in 59 minutes around the middle of June.

It was all going to plan until i broke my collar bone, i wasnt really able to do much physically for about a month and the leathers were pretty tight so i had to put my running shoes back on. I've been back at the running for a few weeks now and just did my 2nd 10km run today in 57 minutes. I don't think im getting off the couch for the rest of the night! Ugghh!!

One thing is for sure, if it wasnt for my mp3 player running would be impossible!

Thats really really good. How long did you run for each day?

I absolutely hate hate hate running or any other sleep inducing cardio activity. I can lift weights for hours at the gym, but I have to muster every single fiber of self discipline to stay on the treadmill for 20 mins. I have gotten better at it, considering I realize its a necessary evil of getting in shape.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

I don't wanna get a tick.. Oh that kinda running.. No, just a few warmup laps around the dojang
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I don't wanna get a tick.. Oh that kinda running.. No, just a few warmup laps around the dojang
    And pole dancing.

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

I run with music...but something it does distract you...I use to run like 45 mins a day...then went a on cruise and stopped.. LoL! (Gained like 10 lbs from the cruise)

Now I'm going to start running with my puppy...she growing slowly and getting faster every week...so making me run faster and longer as well..

Plus...I'm training to for the COP test...(Flame... )

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkee View Post
    for those who hate running and already running outdoor, did you run on sidewalk or did you have a good designation run?

U could try hiking trails or parks. In my area there is a few. I could run to some of them but I dont want to spend 2hrs running

U could probably google them or look at a map

Quote Originally Posted by Royson View Post
    Is there a technique to improving endurance, other than just keeping at it? I seemed to make some really good progress at first, then hit a wall. Unlike weight lifting, where as long as I've kept at it, I've steadily improved. The only thing holding back my weight lifting is my paycheck - I've increased my appetite to the point where I run out of money feeding myself. Damn small income.
    I am not a pro, but I would say increase distance every 3dys? I've done that, works for me. Dont go all hardcore on the 1st run too (after a few months absence). It might just hurt ur muscles and u might just hate it. Go easy on the 1st run.

U haven't hit a wall on your weight lifting?
    How long have u been doing it?
    Are u pushing yourself?
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Thats really really good. How long did you run for each day?

I absolutely hate hate hate running or any other sleep inducing cardio activity. I can lift weights for hours at the gym, but I have to muster every single fiber of self discipline to stay on the treadmill for 20 mins. I have gotten better at it, considering I realize its a necessary evil of getting in shape.
    i think 5km is about 25 minutes. 8km about 40 minutes..

running is good for riding too, i hold the bike with my legs not my arms. in the past i've always been pretty sore after trackdays but this year i haven't had any of that soreness.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post

That's why you are so grumpy sometimes hahaha...

Props on the weight loss... I hate running too. But since I cut a lot of weight all the time for wrestling I have accepted the suckyness. Anyways I find that doing some intense weight lifting will help get you there faster

Good job Timmy!

I run but I also love it. I used to run with music but I run better, faster, stronger, longer without music. It sounds strange but I count to 8 repeatedly. If you have any pace issues it helps keep your pace and your form is better.

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    It sounds strange but I count to 8 repeatedly.
    Keep it up!
    I do that too! I just picked it up on my own from since I was a kid. I breath in for 8 strides and out for 8 strides. It helps me keep my breathing relaxed.
    1990 Kawasaki Tengai with a 96 KLR heart transplant.

yeah same... i always pack on an extra 10lbs over the winter, but once spring comes back it takes me about 2 months to get back to my usual 180'ish.

i can totally atest to the "gear doesn't fit after winter" issues lol.

+1 to the MP3 player, I'm a clock-watcher otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Azim View Post
    yeah same... i always pack on an extra 10lbs over the winter, but once spring comes back it takes me about 2 months to get back to my usual 180'ish.

i can totally atest to the "gear doesn't fit after winter" issues lol.

+1 to the MP3 player, I'm a clock-watcher otherwise.

no, man. leather shrinks in the cold!

Banned

If you fatties cant get ti going in the spring i fully expect a nice gear sale!!!!

barring that, is it worth it? I HATE the IDEA of running, but need cardio. sigh...

How did you start the hated event, and what do you do to keep yourself going? Cause i gotta tell you...the thought....

A friend once said "the only thing more boring than running, is TALKING about running".

I don't even run to the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    I don't even run to the bathroom.

What about the free martini line?
    x

Diggin up an old thread.

Had my longest run today. Previous longest was 13km (don't know the time) and today i managed 16km in roughly 1h42m. The things i do just to fit into my leathers.. ugghhhhh....

I never run dreadmill, always outdoor. The only time I use dreadmill is when its thunderstorm out there.

For those who hate running but run on the dreadmill, did you try to run outdoor?

for those who hate running and already running outdoor, did you run on sidewalk or did you have a good designation run?

I find it is very enjoyable to run in scenic. If normal days, I would drive to Erindale park in the morning from Dundas and run all the way up to 403/mavis and come back during the yellow fall to early winter.

Or pick a summer morning drive up north to Sauble beach, or even the closer woodbine beach and run alone the shoreline.

Waterfront is another good place to log some miles.

For my long run during weekend, I usually drive/ride to remote area to run just for the scenic. Very time consuming, but that run become something enjoyable.

Ok here is an easier trick... pick up several old rocky movies to get yourself motivated. Specially Rocky VI during the winter time.

not so
    pure 2-stroke spirit