Quote Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
Just ran the Chilly Half Marathon a few weeks ago, and managed to chop 35 minutes off my previous time. I could have managed an even better time, but I made some mistakes. I got too hot halfway through and had to stop to change my top but then when my bib started blowing across the grass in the wind and I lost my pins that held it onto my shirt... took a while to get it all sorted out. The first 10k I ran in 45 minutes. The second 10k I ran in 68?

In my training up until the race I was running about 50k/week, cycling about 90 minutes a week, with lot's of strength training in between. Ran a 5k in 19 minutes during my training which makes me think I should start training for shorter distances as I kinda dislike the longer stuff. Lost about 12lbs during my training too which was good.

I took two weeks off for rest after the half marathon and now I'm going to slowly ramp it back up. Physical work as a day job and exercise in the evening makes for good nights sleep.

My girlfriend has signed up and is training for the Mont Tremblant Ironman this summer. For those that don't know, it's roughly a 3.8km swim, followed by a 180km bike, followed by a 42.2km run.
Wow, that's nuts!
I don't think I can achieve that in this point in my life. It would mean I have to devote alot of time training and at the end of the day you're too tired to do anything physical.

Good for you tho