Running.. ugghh

Thread: Running.. ugghh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Running.. ugghh

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I hate running w/ music too. I dont see how ppl can do that. I like to focus on my breathing and getting my body in a rhythm. Running is where I do all my thinking too. I run alone and find ppl distracting. I can bearly do half of the distance when I run w/ ppl.

...yep, I'm a loner

Oh, yeh, I cant get ppl who run at threadmills too. Dont u want a change of scenery? No wonder u have to motivate yourself.
    When I run with people I end up being all jokey/chatty and slowing down to their pace so basically it's a good time but hardly a workout.

I do run intervals on the treadmill as the timing is easier....but that's only in the winter when it's too damn cold to go outside!

I hate running too, but I had to do it to get in shape. Can't do 10k runs yet. I'm doing more like 2.5k runs. Long as I need to do though to meet my current goals.

Is there a technique to improving endurance, other than just keeping at it? I seemed to make some really good progress at first, then hit a wall. Unlike weight lifting, where as long as I've kept at it, I've steadily improved. The only thing holding back my weight lifting is my paycheck - I've increased my appetite to the point where I run out of money feeding myself. Damn small income.

Quote Originally Posted by Royson View Post
    I hate running too, but I had to do it to get in shape. Can't do 10k runs yet. I'm doing more like 2.5k runs. Long as I need to do though to meet my current goals.

Is there a technique to improving endurance, other than just keeping at it? I seemed to make some really good progress at first, then hit a wall. Unlike weight lifting, where as long as I've kept at it, I've steadily improved. The only thing holding back my weight lifting is my paycheck - I've increased my appetite to the point where I run out of money feeding myself. Damn small income.
    I found that once you get up to about 5km, its a lot easier to just keep going. Try bumping up to about 3km, two days in a row then a day off, then repeat, try that for maybe a week then take a day off then try a 5km.

When i got to 8km, i did 5km two days in a row, a day off then 8km, then a day off.

Hey Caboose, have you ever thought of running IN your leathers?? I bet you would cut the weight faster than a prize fighter... just leave the back protector out and try to cram it all in there.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Hey Caboose, have you ever thought of running IN your leathers?? I bet you would cut the weight faster than a prize fighter... just leave the back protector out and try to cram it all in there.
    lol.. **** that noise!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    lol.. **** that noise!
    Remember when martin lawrence was out trying to lose weight running in a bunch of sweatsuits in 90 degree heat and ended up pointing a gun at cops? hahahhhha

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I found that once you get up to about 5km, its a lot easier to just keep going. Try bumping up to about 3km, two days in a row then a day off, then repeat, try that for maybe a week then take a day off then try a 5km.
    I'll just have to push myself harder I guess. I don't enjoy it, so its hard to motivate myself when my heart is thumping away! My iPod broke, so that doesn't help me either.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    U
    U haven't hit a wall on your weight lifting?
    How long have u been doing it?
    Are u pushing yourself?
    Only been weight lifting about 5 months steadily. So I'm still a beginner I suppose! I've been pushing myself, but within reason. Trying to get a steady routine down that allows me to see better gains. Right now I'll have some weeks where I have time to work out as much as I want, and other weeks where I can only hit my weights once.

yes there is, and it is not just simply increasing your distance, in fact that will do the least for you

you need to rotate your training

- distance runs
    - sprinting on a track
    - hills
    - cross training
    - weight training

Quote Originally Posted by Royson View Post