Receiving a ticket days later?

Thread: Receiving a ticket days later?

Receiving a ticket days later?

So this morning I had the honour of being pulled over by durhams finest on the 401 on my way to work.
    Now i have insurance but didnt realize I need a new slip cuz it just expired. Now, he didnt give me a ticket but said i have to bring it to him in 2 days or else he will drop the ticket off at my hous for $110.
    If i didnt bring him the slip, can he really do that?
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

Re: Receiving a ticket days later?

Easily. Just be happy you caught a break. I'm amazed that they still do it. I've only had that happen to me once and it was far away from the Golden Horseshoe.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

I've heard of times where someone will get a ticket for no licence or no insurance when they forgot them at home and be told to bring their licence/insurance to the station within 48 hrs and it'll get "taken care of" (ripped up/thrown out) but never a threat to get a ticket later if you don't...

popo has 7 days to submit the ticket, so if you show him you have them, then ticket will miraculously dissapear if that is what the popo is hinting...get to it bro...if it is worth the $110...you're insurance won't go up if you pay it, you don't lose points...just sits in the system though...i would do it if i were you, the sooner the better, keep him happy...i might be next...

Banned

Years ago, this had happened to Yetti, twice.

Yetti went out without the wallet, so, no DL no insurance.

the cop had written the ticket out, and gave it to me, for not having it on me.

Told me, that All i had to do, was drive to his Station, and show the info, and they would delete it.

which they did, the very next day.

Happened to me a month ago.

Cop never said anything about driving to the station and showing anything, just gave me the ticket and that's all.
    "They are spending $1.2bn on a gabfest on how to get government spending under control.
    The irony seems lost on them."
    - About the G20

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

Yes they can and if you were given a break, which they are under no recquirement to do, then you should take him up on it and present your insurance.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Of course I will go and show it to him, I was just curious! Well i have to go to my SF agent and get my new slip, so hopefully that wont take more then 2 days.
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    Of course I will go and show it to him, I was just curious! Well i have to go to my SF agent and get my new slip, so hopefully that wont take more then 2 days.
    If you're paid up, then they should be able to print you a slip on the spot.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    If you have access to a fax machine, they will fax you one as well. I never recieved my new one, and they ended up faxing me a temp one until the official arrived in the mail.

You caught a decent break. I'd get that slip to the cop asap and thank him for being a decent dude. Maybe give him a timcard ;p
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

The fine is only $65 though.

There is 30 days to issue a part 1 offence notice, from the time of offence.

Anybody else get their slips like a month in advance...