Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

Re: Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Actually...I thought about asking Johnny and the stunt crew if they'd be up for lining up on the grid...and race each other around the short track on one wheel!...Would have been cool to watch...next year???
    I know I could take it on one wheel, but it would have to be in first to have enough jam to keep it up while taking some of those tighter turns...So they would be really slow lap times...And Im not sure if any of my friends could take the rights, most of them can only turn left...

Felix of Stunt.ca in Montreal runs a stunt school at a track there, and during the lunch break he does 1 wheel laps around that track and works on lowering his lap times..LOL

Im down to give that a try any time they let me!

Awesome thanks for the replies and also the detailed story Johnny. I was wondering about what would happen in Rookie going from Turn 1 to Turn 2.

What exactly would the definition of "stuffing" someone be?? I don't feel like a jerk if I go up the inside on corner entry on someone, as long as I don't leave my braking so late that I hang them out to dry.. but I guess some people get mad when they are over taken on the inside under braking??

So will you only be able to race 5 rookie races next year?? Due to the limit of 6 on rookie? or is that per-season?
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Ken & Tracy, Alan and the rest of the SOAR family...

Thanks so much for everything you guys have done. Shelby can't stop talking about racing next season and she can't get enough track time She's already talking about doing her race school at the start of next season.

Thanks for getting the bike, fixing it, spending time with Shelby and showing her the ropes.

I think you've just turned another marshall into a racer LOL

xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Awesome thanks for the replies and also the detailed story Johnny. I was wondering about what would happen in Rookie going from Turn 1 to Turn 2.

What exactly would the definition of "stuffing" someone be?? I don't feel like a jerk if I go up the inside on corner entry on someone, as long as I don't leave my braking so late that I hang them out to dry.. but I guess some people get mad when they are over taken on the inside under braking??

So will you only be able to race 5 rookie races next year?? Due to the limit of 6 on rookie? or is that per-season?
    The limit is 5 race weekends. Anyone that ran their first and only weekend this year, can only run in 4 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    The limit is 5 race weekends. Anyone that ran their first and only weekend this year, can only run in 4 next year.
    Yeah I can only do 4 more rounds of Rookie cup next year, but since I placed 3rd I have a good start at that cup! Especially since some of those guys at the front are already out, or have one Rookie cup race left...

And I want it, so bring out the A games next year rookies..LOL

Yes a HUGE Thanks to all that made SOAR happen. Like I said on the box yesterday, if it was not for SOAR I would of sat out this year. Well done... see you next year... in Expert?

Novice 600 Extreme 4 x 1st and 1 3rd
    Novice Open Sprint 4 x 1st and 1 2nd
    Novice Superbike 4 x 1st and 1 3rd

3 Novice Titles
    Last edited by Y2KR1; 09-14-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Sp
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Who won the femme race?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Who won the femme race?

Thanks
    Shauna Aaron.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post

Stuffing someone is getting inside of them going into the turn forcing them to either slow down or hit you!

Who won the femme race? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    Shauna Aaron.
    Yep, and 2nd went to SUNNY PARK!!

SUNNY... YOU ROCK!! thanks for everything this weekend!
    I LOVE YOU!

Vanessa

A giant THANK YOU to every one involved in getting and keeping this thing going! Ken, Joe, Dan, Tracy, Michelle, Alan, Linda... and every one else I know I missed.

Every one has been incredibly supportive and I think it's safe to say you have managed to get a few new people hooked on this racing thing

Ken thank you for doing things differently.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    Stuffing someone is getting inside of them going into the turn forcing them to either slow down or hit you!
    Oh yeah??

Has that ever happened to you before, Kellen?
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

As a seasoned racer having competed in RACE, ASM, WCC and PCSC I will say that SOAR and all the staff, volunteers, marshals and everyone who put this together did one THE BEST in running a series, assisting racers, adjusting the schedule and being flexible for riders meetings and allowing racers to "practice starts", that I have seen.

GREAT to see no politics and everyone having FUN, which is what it's all about. Very little delays even when the unfortunate crashes occured and everything ran super smooth.

My hats off to Ken and everyone for getting another much needed series in SW Ontario and with all our support SOAR will grow and grow for years to come.

I for one had the best time trying and endurance for the first time, and in the races I entered had a blast with the various classes and many people gave me a really warm "welcome back to the track" words which far takes precidence over any win or trophy.

FANTASTIC WORK AND ALL AT SOAR SHOULD FEEL PROUD.

Looking forward to seeing you at the banquet and THANKS again to everyone who made this happen and for ALL THE RACERS WHO SUPPORTED THE SERIES.

THANKS AGAIN,

Shawna
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

Quote Originally Posted by aloyas View Post
    Just wanted to say a quick, thanks to Ken and Tracy(and the rest of the crew) at SOAR. I can't believe all the time and money you put into SOAR, so other like me could go racing. You're the MAN .

Also thanks to Vanessa and Tim at TMP, lots of changes for the better.

Lloyd
    +1. An incredible 1st year. Thanks to all of the Marshals for your time and effort. Thanks to JP and all of the support workers for always cleaning up the mess and getting everyone back to their pits. Thanks to all of the EMS workers for taking care of us all.

Mostly thanks to Ken for coordinating about 300 people, making it look easy and bringing great motorcycle racing to South-Western Ontario.

I can't wait for next year,

Kevin
    Toronto Marshal Service

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    Thats not exactly true Joe.
    Rookie will morph every year to however many weekends we do. if we do 7 next year then its seven if we do six then its six.......
    The idea is for the first year riders.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Thats not exactly true Joe.
    Rookie will morph every year to however many weekends we do. if we do 7 next year then its seven if we do six then its six.......
    The idea is for the first year riders.
    Good point. Let me re-phrase that then:

The limit is the same as the number of rounds we schedule in a year. If we schedule 5 rounds, than the limit would be 5 race weekends. Anyone that ran their first and only weekend this year, will need to miss out on one rookie race next year.

Thanks Ken,Tracy and everybody at SOAR for a great year.Looking forward to many more years of SOAR.
    Tim

S.O.A.R. #18

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I did a little impromptu timing and it looked like mid-pack rookie was 1m26s or so..
    I was doing low to mid 1:22s with a best lap of 1:22.085 and finished 17th. I got slowed down every lap with traffic, Passing quickly is something I have to work on, no time in a race to wait 3 or 4 corners to set up a clean pass. For some perspective the best lap of the winner of the Round 1 Rookie Race was 1:22.673.. It definitely got faster as the season progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    No seriously it was crazy, between turn 1 and 2 of the first lap I must have passed about 10 people at once, inside, outside,
    The first lap of the race was Crazy, I got a lousy start and the First corner of the Qualifier was Nuts with lots of bumping and banging going on,, Guess I gotta get my elbow sharpener out .

I got slowed way down when someone tried to pass me on the inside by banging his fairing into my thigh at the apex of 2 almost running me off the track ( Nice Bruise today), had another clip me by stuffing me in 6. But it's all good, I remember those who race clean and those who don't . (And Neither times was it you Johnny LOL )

I had so much fun this season.. I'd like to thank Ken, Tracy, Joe, Dan, Alan, Michelle, Jenn and Steve (RIP) from the SOAR Crew and Vanessa, Tim , Kevin and Jenn from TMP for all your hard work in making this a great season.

I'd also like to extend a special thanks to all the Marshalls who volunteered their time and sat out there in the Sun and Rain all season long to keep us safe. (For those that don't know, the Marshalls at SOAR Rounds are all volunteers and don't get paid at all)

Getting passed by Jodi Christie in practice was a pretty humbling experience when he passed me in 2 and 10 like I was standing still (But I'm sure that experience was shared with many others )

I was also proud that my first ever race was also the first ever SOAR Race (The Round 1 Old Boys Race)

I can't wait to see what next year is going look like and look forward to seeing everyone at the banquet.

Here's a couple of pic from the weekend.

You know your a real racer when......

You Sleep Next to your Bike

More Pics Here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=4a1de19875
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 09-14-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks to Ken and the rest of the SOAR crew for a fantastic racing series. I had a great first year (minus the time I caused the red flag in round 2).
    Thanks also to the track marshals for keeping us safe and those that volunteered out at the SOAR gate.

I can't wait 'til next year.
    Soar # 21

Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    I was doing low to mid 1:22s with a best lap of 1:22.085 and finished 17th. I got slowed down every lap with traffic, Passing quickly is something I have to work on, no time in a race to wait 3 or 4 corners to set up a clean pass. For some perspective the best lap of the winner of the Round 1 Rookie Race was 1:22.673.. It definitely got faster as the season progressed.
    Yeah, the guy I was timing could have had a bad lap..and I'm really not sure which class it was!! You're just too damn nice John!! Gordie Howe baby!!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block