Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

Re: Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

Hey John, those are some awesome photos, and I still can't add you to facebook LOL!!

We couldn't have done it without your and your family either!

Cheers,
    Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by ugotbit View Post

We couldn't have done it without you and your family either!

Cheers,
    Vanessa
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Paul..dark horse of the weekend..when did you get fast?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Ha..Did you see the size of that Rookie grid?? I was just running for my life!!

For the amount of rookies out there....both the qualifying and the race were very well done with minimal incidents. Props to everyone on the grid for good clean racing!!
    What Paul meant to say, was that he was coached from round 1, and during miscellaneous track days. AHEM....

Thank You SOAR & TMP.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotbit View Post
    Thanks Lloyd.... Tim and I love you all too

Ken and Tracy, it's been an amazing season working with you guys and watch the series grow into what it has become! You guys and all the racers are awesome and I can't wait for next season!

Also I think a big thanks should go out to the Marshals for all the time they've given, it's really a thankless job and you are loved and appreciated!!

See you guys all soon!
    xoxoxo
    Vanessa
    Yes, I forgot to thank the great marshals for all the time they spend out on the track so we can be there having fun.

You guys/girls are the greatest.

Off to Mt. Tremblant with the GOLO crew. 2 full days of a world class track

Yes, I know someone has to do it.

Space is still available

http://www.goloracing.com/home.htm

Lloyd
    aloyas@hotmail.com
    Custom T-Shirt Printing

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    You know your a real racer when......

You Sleep Next to your Bike

Aww Poor Sunny!
    What a great pic!

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Thats not exactly true Joe.
    Rookie will morph every year to however many weekends we do. if we do 7 next year then its seven if we do six then its six.......
    The idea is for the first year riders.
    So does my 3rd place finish count for anything next year? Besides race experience...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    +1. An incredible 1st year. Thanks to all of the Marshals for your time and effort. Thanks to JP and all of the support workers for always cleaning up the mess and getting everyone back to their pits. Thanks to all of the EMS workers for taking care of us all.

Mostly thanks to Ken for coordinating about 300 people, making it look easy and bringing great motorcycle racing to South-Western Ontario.

I can't wait for next year,

Kevin
    Toronto Marshal Service
    lol, awesome forum name.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Pics Uploaded at 1600DPI , About 1000 that can be downloaded here http://picasaweb.google.ca/pixelpixiephotography

Not to Many from Rookie, I was Kind of busy but my son shot a few..

Last edited by CBRJOHN; 09-15-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Great pics - thanks I am sure from all of us!
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    I was doing low to mid 1:22s with a best lap of 1:22.085 and finished 17th. I got slowed down every lap with traffic, Passing quickly is something I have to work on, no time in a race to wait 3 or 4 corners to set up a clean pass. For some perspective the best lap of the winner of the Round 1 Rookie Race was 1:22.673.. It definitely got faster as the season progressed.
    They just put up the results and just to give people an idea I was doing consistant 1:19's with the odd 1:18 here and there, at the track day the week before the races. And my best lap time in the race was 1:16.459! That just goes to show the improvement I made just being in a race environment with other racers compared to track days....Even after crashing hard on Fri, no told me to slow down or stop stuffing/passing people. And I believe that and the fact there was alot of much faster guys there turning laps, was what let me loose a little. Alot of times I just needed to see someone go into a certain corner hotter, before I could even believe I could do it...That led to me going in too hot one time and crashing at like 150km/h at the top of 3rd, but hey no pain (financial for me lol) no gain right?

Man I cant wait for next year, I will have proper suspension and a tire budget! 1:15's and the Rookie cup champ here I come, whos gonna be there fighting for it with me?....

What an amazing group of personalities we have at SOAR, the racing is fun, but really spending time with such a fun bunch of people is awesome, racing is but a mere bonus in our family like environment. Thank you Ken, Tracy, all the SOAR crew, the marshals, Vanessa, Tim, Lips (Kevin) and all the fellow riders, you've all made this the best year of my life. (At least for now, taking the championship next year suckers! )

My year racing wise didn't go that well, in round one I was doing well in the rookie qualifier until midway though the Saturday qualifier I had major electrical issues (needed a new wiring harness), that took me out of Sunday. Round two I was doing well out in the last heat of the day in Superbike, 3 laps into it and on new slicks for the first time ever, I crashed hard in turn 2. That ended the Sunday for me, stupid suspension! (Ended up with a minor tear deep in my shoulder) Round 3 I was still hurting and still had ****** forks that I could bottom out with a 20km/h stoppie. I had a small off in Friday practice, that had my shoulder sore again, but I prevailed and finish the weekend. Round 4 I skipped. (wasn't feeling it) Round 5 was hands down my best round to date, nothing went wrong, I had fun and got to spend some great time with good friends. There you have it a year that stated off full of bad luck and disappointment and turned positive with a little work and a little luck.

As you can imagine allot of people in the paddock help me out, in particular I'd like to thank John, Linda, David and Jessica Reed, the whole family has played a large part in helping me fix my ride and Linda in nurturing my shoulder, making sure I kept my cool.

In terms of rider training, I'd like to thank Chris, Donald and Vinnie the GWB crew from TMP for showing me the ropes and forcing me to ride in hot shoe, making my progress move along rapidly.

Thanks to everyone within the SOAR family you've made this year memorable, looking forward to the banquet and the 2010 season. Gonna be a long winter, time to hit the gym, can't have old guys like Paul kicking my ***.

Cheers,
    Dave P.
    SOAR Novice #113

Well after being on the road all year and not being able to make it out I am glad we saved the best for last, truly all the people involved in putting on this show should be extremely proud of themselves, well organized and smooth. Tons of track time, for old guys they make it easy, everyone is very helpful and friendly, also all the racers do a pretty good job to.
    Thanks to all for a great weekend
    Gary/Jodi