Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

Thumbs up Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

Just wanted to say a quick, thanks to Ken and Tracy(and the rest of the crew) at SOAR. I can't believe all the time and money you put into SOAR, so other like me could go racing. You're the MAN .

Also thanks to Vanessa and Tim at TMP, lots of changes for the better.

Lloyd
    aloyas@hotmail.com
    Custom T-Shirt Printing

Re: Big, Thanks to SOAR and TMP

+100000 All great people, doing great things!

Definitely a great show. Thanks Ken, Tracy and everyone involved. It was a pleasure to be both a rider and sponsor. Looking forward to next year being even better!
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Definitely a great show. Thanks Ken, Tracy and everyone involved. It was a pleasure to be both a rider and sponsor. Looking forward to next year being even better!
    Paul..dark horse of the weekend..when did you get fast?!?!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Weekend was a blast, thanks for everything guys/gals.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Paul..dark horse of the weekend..when did you get fast?!?!
    Ha..Did you see the size of that Rookie grid?? I was just running for my life!!

For the amount of rookies out there....both the qualifying and the race were very well done with minimal incidents. Props to everyone on the grid for good clean racing!!
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Ha..Did you see the size of that Rookie grid?? I was just running for my life!!

For the amount of rookies out there....both the qualifying and the race were very well done with minimal incidents. Props to everyone on the grid for good clean racing!!
    Starting 22nd and making my way up to 4th was interesting! With 35 riders on the track at once that was the most traffic Ive come up on at once. And talk about split decision multiple passes wow it was tight out there

hehe what were the lap times like out there??? I knew Johnny was good but damn, how does someone go from 22nd to 4th?? You could ride the whole track on 1 wheel I bet and still not finish last
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    hehe what were the lap times like out there??? I knew Johnny was good but damn, how does someone go from 22nd to 4th?? You could ride the whole track on 1 wheel I bet and still not finish last
    Actually...I thought about asking Johnny and the stunt crew if they'd be up for lining up on the grid...and race each other around the short track on one wheel!...Would have been cool to watch...next year???

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

I did a little impromptu timing and it looked like mid-pack rookie was 1m26s or so..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Oh yeah?? Hmmmm... I did consistant 1:27's and broke into 1:25's on my bone stock SV, first time ever on track just last weekend. Maybe I can put something together for next year! Does anybody know the fastest race lap? I'm guessing sub 1:20?
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Oh yeah?? Hmmmm... I did consistant 1:27's and broke into 1:25's on my bone stock SV, first time ever on track just last weekend. Maybe I can put something together for next year! Does anybody know the fastest race lap? I'm guessing sub 1:20?
    I think it's around the 1:12 mark (or not too far under)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic Trance View Post
    What!!! In Rookie?!? Good lord
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

I believe Spinelli's 1:16.054 was the fastest of the race.

Honestly I dont think its even that I was that much faster then anyone, but I am comfortable with close passing inside and out and also stuffing people...If its spread out you can follow and pick people apart as you turn laps and see their weak spots, however when everyone hits turn one of lap one you just close your eyes and stay on the gas and hope for the best...LOL No seriously it was crazy, between turn 1 and 2 of the first lap I must have passed about 10 people at once, inside, outside, I almost made contact with alot of people. Had to park it a few times and change lines while leant over, braking while leant, standing it up to avoid slamming into the back of people etc..They were vary slow feeling lap times untill about the 2nd or 3rd once everyone spread out, then you could go back to picking people apart and fighting one battle at a time at your hot pace..Once I got down to about 6th it took sometimes 2 laps of following before I could make the pass....Like Jim Dusome I think I run a little faster lap time then him, but he was good at using all of the track and blocking me...He put up a great fight and made me work for that pass...

If your one of those people that always keep a staggered formation while street riding, with lots of room...Its gonna be tough for you to get used to how close your wheels get to other riders bikes in a race like this....Me and my friends have always been a very close pack of riders, so Im kinda used to being close....

I am interested to see my fastest time over the weekend, just being there with all the faster guys I feel like I really stepped it up compared to track days...

The fastest SV's are running something like 1:18. Good luck chasing Rob Busby!

I did about 1:26 during the vintage lightweight race on my FZR400.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic Trance View Post
    new track record set by Jodi Christie in the Superbike race was 1:12.281. He and Scott Rupert had a string of laps where they just kept beating each other's new lap record. Both of them had multiple laps in the 1:12's. Rupert's (former track record holder) fastest lap of the race was 1:12.560. It was an amazing race to watch.

Overall track record. I believe the front running rookies were into the 1:17/16's maybe even lower and 1:22's near the back of the pack. looking at the results the front, and back half of the packs were very close together respectively. there were alot of races within the race.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    The fastest SV's are running something like 1:18. Good luck chasing Rob Busby!

I did about 1:26 during the vintage lightweight race on my FZR400.
    Buzby runs in the 1:16's on his SV. Insane!

Quote Originally Posted by aloyas View Post
    Just wanted to say a quick, thanks to Ken and Tracy(and the rest of the crew) at SOAR. I can't believe all the time and money you put into SOAR, so other like me could go racing. You're the MAN .

Also thanks to Vanessa and Tim at TMP, lots of changes for the better.

Lloyd
    Thanks Lloyd.... Tim and I love you all too

Ken and Tracy, it's been an amazing season working with you guys and watch the series grow into what it has become! You guys and all the racers are awesome and I can't wait for next season!

Also I think a big thanks should go out to the Marshals for all the time they've given, it's really a thankless job and you are loved and appreciated!!

See you guys all soon!
    xoxoxo
    Vanessa
    Last edited by RacingVixen; 09-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.