Officers discussed whether to give me parking ticket

Thread: Officers discussed whether to give me parking ticket

Officers discussed whether to give me parking ticket

I went to the Court house on Ray Lawson in Brampton to make a court date for a ticket I recently got. The parking lot was full and I didn't trust parking near anyone so I parked up on the "walkway" at the corner of the court house.

30 minutes later when I came out, an old Indian lawyer guy told me that a bunch of cops were crowded around my bike a few minutes prior, discussing whether or not they should ticket me. I struck up a conversation with the old guy telling him how nervous I am parking out of sight and the horror stories I hear from other bikers. I admitted to him that I know it's frowned upon but I don't see the harm.

Just then the cops walk by and the old guy points to the cop and says: "That's him."

"That's the one?" I asked.

The cop walked by with a big grin and said out loud: "Where's the parking lines? This isn't a parking lot.....C'MON!"

I know I'm lucky to not have a ticket....but what could they have ticketed me for exactly?

...and why the need to call a town meeting around my bike?
    Last edited by slowbird; 09-09-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Re: Officers discussed whether to give me parking ticket

That old bugger sold you out! Hahaha. Well, it's nice to hear of a story where an officer is joking around with you instead of being all "RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!!!!".

And who knows what they could've ticketed you for. There are so many crazy laws on the books you should be wondering what they couldn't ticket you for.

Quote Originally Posted by froghammer View Post
    Well, it's nice to hear of a story where an officer is joking around with you instead of being all "RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!!!!".
    true.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

old guy sold out the cop
    x

Sounds like you were not parked in a marked parking space. That's the ticket - not parking in a designated area. No lines, no parking.

Anywhere that isn't a parking lot, or a curb-side "designated" parking area, like a pay-and-display, or a street without no-parking signs, is not a legal parking spot, and you can get a ticket for it.

Trust me, I've had my share. I wouldn't chance it at a courthouse though.... you're in the belly of the beast there, I'd follow the rules more closely.

Sounds like you caught a break. Good for you.

--- D

Meh, they wouldn't bother with parking tickets. They were just checking out the bike and joking about it. You are lucky that a meter maid didn't show up though lol.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]