Help fighting a ticket ? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help fighting a ticket ?

Re: Help fighting a ticket ?

I was assuming he was asking if it was 4 lanes on each side.

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    I was assuming he was asking if it was 4 lanes on each side.
    easy to do if you are thinking of the 401 in the big smoke.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

I would just plea guilty for a lesser charge ( usually the second option on the back of the ticket). It costs you nothing and your in and out in like 3hrs. 99% percent of the time you will win and get it dropped or at least a break. I had a $250 ticket for running a stop sign and not having proof of insurance. After going in they dropped the stop sign all to together and I just paid the 60$ insurance fine. Worst case scenario they dont drop anything and at that point you decline the offer and set a court date. I have got out of 3 tickets doing this. Dont waste your money on paralegals when they get you about the same deductions.

Or hire me I'll price match! lol

But really always do this before setting a court date and hiring some jokes like xcopper who just do what I just mentioned and charge you like $400 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    You were on a 4 lane stretch of highway, no need to "pin it" to pass the other traffic. Good luck trying to convince a judge you were doing it for your safety. He will simply say if you had of slowed down to 100 (the limit there), you would have been just as safely away from those 4 speeding cars.
    Good point about not needing to pin it to pass on a 4 lane but.....I bought my 500R from a Lindsay OPP police woman (her OPP husband rides a 650R) and posed the "speeding to pass" question as it relates to a two lane highway - he replied it's up to the cops discretion whether to pinch the rider or not. He replied that he wouldn't if the rider slowed down after the pass. That fact that there is discretion and a question of safety, on a 2 lane highway you'd have a valid arguement to which a judge may be sympathetic to. 4 lane highway - not so much.
    Last edited by funrider; 09-09-2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WyckMoto View Post
    I would just plea guilty for a lesser charge ( usually the second option on the back of the ticket). It costs you nothing and your in and out in like 3hrs. 99% percent of the time you will win and get it dropped or at least a break. I had a $250 ticket for running a stop sign and not having proof of insurance. After going in they dropped the stop sign all to together and I just paid the 60$ insurance fine. Worst case scenario they dont drop anything and at that point you decline the offer and set a court date. I have got out of 3 tickets doing this. Dont waste your money on paralegals when they get you about the same deductions.

Or hire me I'll price match! lol

But really always do this before setting a court date and hiring some jokes like xcopper who just do what I just mentioned and charge you like $400 for it.
    That's terrible advice unless you have enough demerit points that your licence is at risk. A lower ticket is still a ticket in the eyes of the insurance company and any damages they impose on you are an easy 10x the value of any ticket.

Dr.Manhattan, personally I would fight it myself, or talk with Pointts about their success rate with having charges completely disappear as opposed to just being lowered. If Pointts is just going to get your ticket lowered, go to court and do it yourself. It is ridiculously easy. Most paralegals get rich through fear and lack of knowledge, not because they are actually better at anything. Some are, but all the ones I have seen in court just took the plea offered by the prosecutor in less than 10 seconds, then left with their money.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. This is my first real ticket, so I don't want my insurance to have a heart attack and screw me, ya know ?. I was looking into the lawyer option because I have a feeling the OPP might of screwed something up, and a lawyer can look through the law drama and find some technicality.

The OPP officer himself looked a little nervous, and I could tell he didn't know **** all about motorcycles. Ended up calling another Officer older, who was in his 50's or so and they talked for awhile before he wrote my ticket. So Im hoping he screwed something up. I might check Pointts and see what they have to say, otherwise Im going with my friends Lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    That's terrible advice unless you have enough demerit points that your licence is at risk. A lower ticket is still a ticket in the eyes of the insurance company and any damages they impose on you are an easy 10x the value of any ticket.

Dr.Manhattan, personally I would fight it myself, or talk with Pointts about their success rate with having charges completely disappear as opposed to just being lowered. If Pointts is just going to get your ticket lowered, go to court and do it yourself. It is ridiculously easy. Most paralegals get rich through fear and lack of knowledge, not because they are actually better at anything. Some are, but all the ones I have seen in court just took the plea offered by the prosecutor in less than 10 seconds, then left with their money.

You just said what I did. But instead of seting a court date you just talk to the crown in like half the time. And if you were smart enough to read what I said, If you didnt like what they offered then set a court date.

Its not bad advice at all. Considering that they drop demit points right there on the spot. Maybe get your facts right before commenting.

You just said what I did. But instead of seting a court date you just talk to the crown in like half the time. And if you were smart enough to read what I said, If you didnt like what they offered then set a court date.

Its not bad advice at all. Considering that they drop demit points right there on the spot. Maybe get your facts right before commenting.
    Why don't people get it? Insurance companies don't care about demerit points, only convictions. That is all that matters. If you don't believe me, ask Avi or Viffer. You still have a conviction on your record, it's just a 0 demerit point conviction.

See this link (Failure To Produce Evidence Of Insurance is a minor offence)
    http://www.insurancehotline.com/article/259

You have been convicted of failure to provide proof of insurance. Depending on your insurance company, you may have 1 or two tickets forgiven, or you may get a 10% surcharge, but either way you have admitted your guilt. I stand by my bad advice comment.

i need a drink, this guys too much
    Last edited by WyckMoto; 09-13-2009 at 06:38 PM.

i need a drink, this guys too much
    Now I understand the source of your advice Do you realize that removing the demerit points has absolutely zero benefits to your average driver? So you're advising the person to take the time and effort to go to the court, but with no chance of coming out ahead? Crack one open for me; it looks like you're having a hell of a party
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by jailbreak View Post
    Did he get you on his radar? If he didn't and only measured you based on the speed he was going, then he has no way of proving how fast you were actually going.
    Pacing (as BS as it is without video evidence) is actually one of the hardest charges to beat.
    If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face - Rage Against The Machine