My apology to the group today.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My apology to the group today....

Re: My apology to the group today....

Quote Originally Posted by Grafx View Post
    The quality of members on this forum abysmal. I'm never planning to hit any group ride for the fact there are so many morons on this site
    Don't knock everyone for a fews indiscretions. There are still alot of group rides on this forum that are good to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    I never had a problem on my ride, and if you never plan on attending a group ride with people on the forum why do you check out the rides/hookups section?

+1, stop couch riding.

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    That's what any responsible person would have done. Shnizz lost her temper and apologized for it.
    You still dont get it !! The leader said he was perfectly willing to break the law, twice, 30 over and running. And in saying so he encouraged the group to do the same. But you expect someone to be polite in disagreeing???
    Sorry, Luke. I'm just doing my job. You gotta appreciate that. Nah, calling it your job don't make it right Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    ...........Maybe someone will have heard you and learned from it, and there'll be one less accident. .....
    Absolutely. So it's actually important that theshnizzle make a big deal about not continuing, to help others bow out. Being polite would be less effective.

No apologies in order.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Getting screwed by our insurance companys!

I've never been on a ride with TAFB or even met him. I don't even know who organized the ride and who was participating. I'm just outlining the most basic manners that you should have been taught before starting elementary school.

What the hell is that supossed to mean? I only asked a question so how is that acting like a child?Manners how the hell did i not use any in a question?Oh and its just a warning to her to be aware of so whats it to you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak316 View Post
    This sounds like a toysforboys ride would i be right?If it was dont worrie about it! But if you speak your mind on this board dont be suprised some of his weekly cruising buddys speak up in a huff! LOL
    Whatever you got against toysforboys, I've never had any probelms on any of his rides. And as far as I know this isn't even his ride. . I was on a ride with him today and it doesn't sound like the ride we were on.
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 09-07-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Insulted Other Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdsomeday View Post
    You still dont get it !! The leader said he was perfectly willing to break the law, twice, 30 over and running. And in saying so he encouraged the group to do the same. But you expect someone to be polite in disagreeing???
    Everybody breaks the law. You would not have reacted like that had the leader said 5-10 over pace. I wouldn't have stuck around for the ride. I would have said "Sorry guys, but I don't agree with the running policy, so I'm gonna jet." Losing your temper and raising your voice at people because you don't agree with whatever part of the group ride is wrong. I respect Shnizz for apologizing for it.

What the hell is that supossed to mean? I only asked a question so how is that acting like a child?Manners how the hell did i not use any in a question?Oh and its just a warning to her to be aware of so whats it to you anyway!
    I didn't mean to imply that you specifically were not taught those basic manners. But by the time they leave kindergarten, all normally developed kids should know that it is wrong to express disagreement by losing your temper.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

You can see from my post count that I am not an outspoken person on this site at least. In many cases I have not agreed with the direction a thread has taken so I simply lurk and check in from time to time.

With that said I must strongly state that I think theshnizzle was well within good form for calling out the ride leader. Stating your intentions to break the law may inspire other sheeplike individuals to do the same and those same sheep need a sheppard with some sense to bring the group back in line. I am not suggesting the the others that attended the group ride are sheep, but hey, we can't all be type A personalities...

Diplomacy, tact nor an apology are necessary. Good for you theshnizzle.

BTW if you are the same female busa rider I saw in front of Legacy Leather earlier this week, what would the odds be?

Diplomacy, tact nor an apology are necessary.
    Ok so by your standards they're absolutely unnecessary? Forget about basic manners, forget about being polite to each other, let's just stop controlling our tongues and say whatever comes to mind. Actually why stop at screaming and yelling. Maybe Shnizz should have knocked over his bike and slashed his tires while she was at it. (*) Very civilized of you

(*) I am not implying that Shnizz would have done any of that. She comes off as a classy and mature rider who just had a brief moment of indiscretion, for which she apologized.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

I didn't mean to imply that you specifically were not taught those basic manners. But by the time they leave kindergarten, all normally developed kids should know that it is wrong to express disagreement by losing your temper.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok i thought you were trying to personally atack me! No biggie!~

Oh ok i thought you were trying to personally atack me! No biggie!~
    I'm sorry if I came off that way. I should have put more polish on my post

Not really a fan of group rides (never have really been interested) because I like to think that riding is about freedom to make ones own path and go where you want, when you want... but, if I was on a group ride and someone flaunted the fact they were planning on running from the cops if a ticket was likely. I would voice my concern and bow out.
    Main reason being... if the leader and friends choose to bolt and I don't, you know who will be taking an azz raping from the cops doing the pull over... Me, the responsible one. I'd end up paying the price for other peoples actions... AND, if someone happened to become a statistic in the group because of foolishness, well, I'd hate to have to live with the fact I was a part of the riders last moments, contributing to their lack of judgement.

Mob mentality is a truth of human nature... "Oh ****, he is running, I'd better too!"

Half second decision can cost you jail time or your life... No group ride is worth either.

Most all of the folks on the forum could ride circles around me... Some (not all) of those with far supirior skill, lack in something far more applicable in everyday life... common sense.

Ride safe EVERYONE!
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Ok so by your standards they're absolutely unnecessary? Forget about basic manners, forget about being polite to each other, let's just stop controlling our tongues and say whatever comes to mind. Actually why stop at screaming and yelling. Maybe Shnizz should have knocked over his bike and slashed his tires while she was at it. (*) Very civilized of you
    I feel that I need to stop, and speak out.
    You smell funny.
    Yes, I can smell you over the internet, it's that bad.

I wave at kids as I pass them in a hope that there's a gray-pants-wearing, beige-volvo-driving accountant somewhere in the future that dies everytime I do.

Just to reiterate my point. I'm not speaking for running from the cops or telling people not to bow out of the ride as soon as the leader mentions it. I am just saying that a polite refusal is more appropriate.

I feel that I need to stop, and speak out.
    You smell funny.
    Yes, I can smell you over the internet, it's that bad.
    I don't believe you.. I got rained on during the taste of Danforth so I'm still reasonably clean

Quote Originally Posted by B Palanik View Post
    Whatever you got against toysforboys, I've never had any probelms on any of his rides. And as far as I know this isn't even his ride. Don't be a bi**ch and call him out if you don't know the facts. I was on a ride with him today and it doesn't sound like the ride we were on.

Firist things first i aint no bi#@H cause there aint a man alive that should be feared! So what i say on this board id say just as fast in person!and second of all when did i ever call him out? I have ridden with Jamie and have stated before ya he maybe a nice guy i just dont have the same believes as him!
    Last edited by speedfreak316; 09-06-2009 at 09:29 PM.

I know i was not there but i do know the shnizz and she is like me strait up,forward and no pussing around the point! People take her the wrong way i can see that but why should should she or anyone sugar coat it! She spoke her mind and apologized if anyone took it the wrong way! Dont worrie "L" dont change a thing!
    Last edited by speedfreak316; 09-06-2009 at 09:30 PM.

I know i was not there but i do know the shnizz and she is like me strait up,forward and no pussing around the point! People take her the wrong way i can see that but why should should she or anyone sugar coat it! She spoke her mind and apologized if anyone took it the wrong way! Dont worrie "L" dont change a thing!
    There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind. However, using a normal tone of voice to say "I don't wanna participate in a ride that involves running. I'm out." isn't pussyfooting. It's a polite way to express your disapproval.

I've heard the "every man for himself" comment on lots of group rides I have attended from this site. I just shrug it off as I've only seen someone run once and they ended up caught.

I've been on quite a few group rides and I've only had to bow out of one ride due to some crazy **** going on. Well over 200kph speed, splitting oncoming traffic, etc... IIRC 6 or 8 People went down on that ride after I left it. I just pulled the organizer aside and let him know at one of the stops. I ended up staying back with a rider to wait for a tow after his bike broke down.

I've also met some great people/riders from here and been on some fantastic group rides. Algonquin, Calaboogie, Desert lake and Muskoka runs to name a few.

Hopefully you aren't totally turned off of group riding by this experience.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    it was at this time that i raised my voice and and said in no uncertain terms that it would be lunacy to run from cops. It was my opinion that as " group leader" he should be riding in a safe and appropriate manner, not encouraging others to ride way beyond their abilities and maybe his, as this sort of behavior usually leads to a group mentality thing that prolly will end badly for someone.
    +1

so, my apology for my behavior to all who were there as i think you were a bit shocked at my outburst, but i speak my mind, and in no way would i endorse this behavior being encouraged by a group leader.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    why are you apologizing??
    he/she isn't really apologizing - it's a passive-agressive way of calling out the riders on a public forum trying to bolster support in his/her favour from the rider "community".
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka