Racist people these days. - Page 3

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist people these days.

Re: Racist people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    I notice that certain groups of people, and at risk of sounding racist or hypocritical, people like the inner city black people that try to live up the gangster life style tend to hold on to the thought that all white people are racist...
    When you have no other cards to play, when you are too lazy, when there is no one else to blame, the racism card may be one of your first to lay down. It's pretty rampant in my section of Scarborough. I can predict it every time. I'm sure the popo also know it's coming and play it straight from the book.

Actually I didn't realize I was so race tolerant until I left Toronto and missed random white, black, Middle Eastern and Indian people walking on the street. Go figure. It's truly a very weird feeling, but feels good to be back in Toronto.

Can you find all of the differences in these two photos? I like the bottom one

Last edited by VifferFun; 09-05-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I honked at a guy in Brampton to get his attention because he had a flat tire and I wanted to let him know.

He threw a cup of coffee at my car and said "****in white boy dont honk at me you white piece of ****"

I still told him his tire was flat, but I was shocked.

Makes you realize it goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ogc View Post
    I honked at a guy in Brampton to get his attention because he had a flat tire and I wanted to let him know.

He threw a cup of coffee at my car and said "****in white boy dont honk at me you white piece of ****"

Some people are rude that way. You try to do them a favour and they snap. I'm always unsure about telling drivers about stuff like that. For me it's a case by case basis. Does the driver look reasonably receptive to your suggestions? I also expect to get told off, but am relieved when I get a warm reply. Yes, that was a racist remark. Toronto is great but not perfect.

Brampton... I am sooo proud to live here!

Better coffee than something else I guess... Some people (not race exclusive) have no concept... to get respect from other cultures, you must learn to give it...
    The gentleman in question needs some education with that point in mind.
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

That's why you don't try to point things out to people, it's more fun seeing them ride along like idiots with a flat, somehow not noticing it.

Wow! I can't believe this still goes on. I've been living here more than 35 years and the city has definitely matured since I first got here as a child.

I haven't experienced this in a while and would probably go nuts if it happened to me. I wonder if the poopoo would do anything if you got the person's license plate and complained? Is it against the law to be a racist or make racist comments?

For the racists... I wish they would just think a little. Canada would not be where it is today if not for immigration. They would probably be on welfare.

The only people who can rightfully say 'Go back to your country' are the Native Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by acernec View Post
    Wow! I can't believe this still goes on. I've been living here more than 35 years and the city has definitely matured since I first got here as a child.

I haven't experienced this in a while and would probably go nuts if it happened to me. I wonder if the poopoo would do anything if you got the person's license plate and complained? Is it against the law to be a racist or make racist comments?

For the racists... I wish they would just think a little. Canada would not be where it is today if not for immigration. They would probably be on welfare.

The only people who can rightfully say 'Go back to your country' are the Native Indians.
    I don't think it is against the law to make racist comments, but I could be wrong. I think it falls under "Freedom of Speech".
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I don't think it is against the law to make racist comments, but I could be wrong. I think it falls under "Freedom of Speech".
    These days, it can be construed as a "hate-crime" by the legal system. Ironically, I'm against it. As a true believer in free speech I'll speak out for a skinhead's right to ignore German WW2 attrocities or a KKK member's right to tell me that I'm inferior to him because of my Slavic origins. I'll ridicule those people and make fun of their ignorance/stupidity, but as far as I'm concerned, they should still have the right to expose themselves that way.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    These days, it can be construed as a "hate-crime" by the legal system. Ironically, I'm against it. As a true believer in free speech I'll speak out for a skinhead's right to ignore German WW2 attrocities or a KKK member's right to tell me that I'm inferior to him because of my Slavic origins. I'll ridicule those people and make fun of their ignorance/stupidity, but as far as I'm concerned, they should still have the right to expose themselves that way.
    I don't think that any hateful racial comments should be legal, but I don't write the rules. Take a look at the KKK website sometime . . . the filth in there is absolutely disgusting, and these people are passing their hateful thoughts on to their kids.

I've noticed a trend that it is usually the scum of society who are racist. I guess they feel that if they have nothing useful to contribute to society, at least they are still better than someone else because of the colour of their skin.

everybody is pink inside

I don't think that any hateful racial comments should be legal, but I don't write the rules. Take a look at the KKK website sometime . . . the filth in there is absolutely disgusting, and these people are passing their hateful thoughts on to their kids.

I've noticed a trend that it is usually the scum of society who are racist. I guess they feel that if they have nothing useful to contribute to society, at least they are still better than someone else because of the colour of their skin.
    How do we determine which comments should be legal and which comments should be illegal? If you damage freedom of speech too much, it may become illegal to criticize the government or the economy. People have been convicted for diminishing the impact of the crimes against humanity comitted by the Germans, but as a society, we are diminishing what Mao did to his own people and what (more recently) happened in Rwanda. Should the whole society end up in jail because of it? We are not only denying holocausts, but we're also indirectly claiming that white lives are more valuable than black or Asian lives.
    Our speech should not be limited by law, but certain actions should.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Just took a prejudice/psychology course last semester, and theres too many reasons/explanations for why most normal, yes NORMAl, people are prone to have at least some stereotypical/racist tendencies. Its part of human nature to stereotype (categorize) things so the mind can be more efficient, and prejudice is one consequence of it.

It doesn't matter what race you are, as long as there is a lack of education and a few other factors involved, everyone will be equally likely to be racist.

It will never be fully cured because a perfect world will never exist, but it can be greatly reduced.
    1995 Ninja500

Just smile at them; they want to get you aggrivated, so just flash them a smile, try to forget what just happend and continue on with your day.

Banned

I don't think that any hateful racial comments should be legal, but I don't write the rules.
    That's a slippery slope, and an absolutely absurd point of view.

Thankfully your types aren't in full control of our government, yet. The day they start banning words is the day we lose all our most basic and fundamental freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    That's a slippery slope, and an absolutely absurd point of view.

Thankfully your types aren't in full control of our government, yet. The day they start banning words is the day we lose all our most basic and fundamental freedoms.
    I don't think it's absurd at all, and I don't see the slippery slope. Attempting to hurt other people, whether it is done physically or emotionally, has no place in society as far as I'm concerned. I'm not talking about banning words . . . it is about banning hate. Of course this cannot be done . . . utopian society is but a dream.

Banned

Its a slippery slope because our government and legislation has no place telling us what to think or what to say. It's also none of your business who I dislike and why I dislike them.

Everybody generalizes and judges people for a myriad of different reasons and race is sometimes one of those reasons. I don't have to like everybody, that's my freedom.

Banning hate would probably be about as effective as banning speeding. Text on a piece of paper wouldn't suddenly eliminate racism.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Its a slippery slope because our government and legislation has no place telling us what to think or what to say. It's also none of your business who I dislike and why I dislike them.

Everybody generalizes and judges people for a myriad of different reasons and race is sometimes one of those reasons. I don't have to like everybody, that's my freedom.

Banning hate would probably be about as effective as banning speeding. Text on a piece of paper wouldn't suddenly eliminate racism.
    People can think what they like, but if they say/do things that hurt other people then I have a problem with it. Verbal violence can be just as damaging as physical violence.

While I like the theory of banning hate speech, one person's view of some speech would be different than another's. Unless you banned actual words, or phrases, you're allowing too much subjectivity in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    While I like the theory of banning hate speech, one person's view of some speech would be different than another's. Unless you banned actual words, or phrases, you're allowing too much subjectivity in.
    Agreed. This is why I said it is a nice idea, but not doable.