Anyone getting their M2 licence?

Thread: Anyone getting their M2 licence?

Anyone getting their M2 licence?

So 3 of my friends and myself are planning to get our M2 this month.
    We need a 5th person to qualify for their group rates which is $50 dollars cheaper.

Price: $400 original --> $350 group rate
    Time: 2nd, 3rd, or 4th week of september
    Dates: Theory class is on Friday evenings 6:30-9:30, practical is Sat and Sun 8:00am-4:30pm
    More info: Riders Training Institue
    Please contact me at 647 989 0000 or via e-mail edward.lo@hotmail.com

Hopefully we can get a couple more people to get the group rates because it's a great deal!

Thanksa

Re: Anyone getting their M2 licence?

group rate? that's unheard of..... if it wasn't for the MTO strike fiasco I doubt they'd offer it.
    Last edited by Declan Gunn; 09-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Gunn View Post
    group rate? that's unheard of..... if it wasn't for the MTO strike fiasco I doubt they'd offer it.

RTI has offered this for years.

I think I only paid $350 for RTI and I went with a buddy. Maybe the rate has gone up in the past 3 years.... lol

5 years ago it was $300 WITHOUT group buy discount. Wow did they ever increase the price

i took mine in 2001..... paid $250 or something like that

it increases every couple of years
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

The price is $375+GST = $393.75.
    I got $50 off too because I know an instructor. So I paid: $325+GST = $341.25. I'm guessing the group rate is the same discount.

I did it at the Oakville location last week. Here's my quick review:

Good:

-Instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful. They are very good at instructing and also very encouraging and patient when you don't get how to do something. It was a class of 18 with 4 intructors, but at many times it felt like 1 on 1 coaching.
    -The course itself is well organized and moves quickly.
    -Variety of bikes to choose from. I got a chance to use a cbr125, cruiser and a dual sport. Cosmetically the bikes look really beaten up, but run fairly well. However, I noticed some cruisers take a little longer to warm up than others.

Bad:

-The pavement is in rough shape. But it won't affect the way you ride.
    -Sometimes you end up waiting for a long time to do an exercise. They try to space out some of the exercises, but everyone lines up at the latest one. I like to get my gear on quickly and get in the line fast, so I don't end up waiting as long.

Just a note about the strike. If you took your M1 before a certain date (I believe it was July 17 for us), then they (as in RTI) took your paperwork and will file for your M2 on you behalf (assuming you pass). That paperwork will get filed even if the strike continues on. The rest of us have to do it on our own. But this will all be explained to you when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe View Post
    Just a note about the strike. If you took your M1 before a certain date (I believe it was July 17 for us), then they (as in RTI) took your paperwork and will file for your M2 on you behalf (assuming you pass). That paperwork will get filed even if the strike continues on. The rest of us have to do it on our own. But this will all be explained to you when you get there.
    Is that the date you get the m1 or took the m1 to m2 test?

Edit:

When are you guys acctaully planning on taking the course?

I'm preety interested.

Edit:

Scratch that guys, I was thinking North York or Downtown.
    Last edited by Kokla; 09-03-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    Vivere est vincere

Quote Originally Posted by Kokla View Post
    Is that the date you get the m1 or took the m1 to m2 test?

Edit:

When are you guys acctaully planning on taking the course?

I'm preety interested.
    Okay yeah, I realize what I wrote could be confusing. Let me clarify:

Just a note about the strike. If you received your M1 license before July 17 (not 100% sure of the date and not sure if it changes for people who take the course a week or month after I did), then they (as in RTI) will take your paperwork and will file for your M2 license on your behalf (assuming you pass). That paperwork will get filed even if the strike is still on. For those that received your M1 license after July 17 (again not sure about the date), you will have to file for your M2 license yourself when your 60 days are up.

I'm in. Oakville is a bit far tho .. I might be able to crash at a friends' there =)

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    I'm in. Oakville is a bit far tho .. I might be able to crash at a friends' there =)
    Call me at 647 989 0000 so we can try to set something up.

Thanks