Bandit Touring Screen

Thread: Bandit Touring Screen

Bandit Touring Screen

Hey there Banditos,

Anyone use any of the 2 screens below for the Bandit 1250?

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sp...sptbks/172.htm
    The touring one, 23-172

http://www.givi.ca/en/dbdhds_detail.php#
    It's the DS PROFILE 076-D262S version.

Just picked up a 2008 Bandit and am planning a trip out to the east coast of our beautiful country. Have the original screen in a box and what looks to be a Suzuki dbl bubble on the bike. It's pretty good for day to day stuff, but am thinking that one of the bigger touring screens will make it more comfortable and cut down some more wind getting to my head for a 4k ride.

So I'm wondering if anyone actually has either of the 2 screens and what they think. Heck even if your neighbour's dog's vet's wife's best friend's pool boy's dad has one, let me know what they think of them.
    Last edited by l84toff; 09-02-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Re: Bandit Touring Screen

Quote Originally Posted by l84toff View Post
    Hey there Banditos,

Anyone use any of the 2 screens below for the Bandit 1250?

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sp...sptbks/172.htm
    The touring one, 23-172

http://www.givi.ca/en/dbdhds_detail.php#
    It's the DS PROFILE 076-D262S version.

Just picked up a 2008 Bandit and am planning a trip out to the east coast of our beautiful country. Have the original screen in a box and what looks to be a Suzuki dbl bubble on the bike. It's pretty good for day to day stuff, but am thinking that one of the bigger touring screens will make it more comfortable and cut down some more wind getting to my head for a 4k ride.

So I'm wondering if anyone actually has either of the 2 screens and what they think. Heck even if your neighbour's dog's vet's wife's best friend's pool boy's dad has one, let me know what they think of them.
    Been researching both those screens for long time now, from what i have read they add better wind protection but puts the wind mid helmet and makes for more wind noise.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    Been researching both those screens for long time now, from what i have read they add better wind protection but puts the wind mid helmet and makes for more wind noise.
    Hmmm. Not sure if I could have any more wind noise than I do now. From what I've read rider height makes a difference, I'm 5'11". Maybe when I go out today I'll tuck in just enough to have the wind hit mid helmet to see what that sounds like. I much prefer the hugging your tank wind noise I get, or rather lack there of.

I've even been looking at different helmets. Strangely enough even ppl with the same helmet report different levels of noise. Too many variables (rider height, riding position, motorcycle, windscreen) I suppose. I think I'll upgrade my helmet next year and see what happens.
    Last edited by l84toff; 09-02-2009 at 10:42 AM.

I have the ZG sport touring. I got the windshield after reading tons of reviews, and I got it in favour of the Givi one. It seemed the best thing ever build for the new Bandit.

Unfortuntally it does not work for me as expected, I am quite dissipointed, although I am still trying to figure out if I will revert to the stock one or not (probably I will). This week rides will probably help me decide.

The ZG windshield removed the air pressure from the chest area. That is all good, but the price for that is an increase in the noise level (which I would tollerate, for the benefit of being able to tuck a bit behind while riding). The part which I cannot seem to manage is the huge buffeting I get in the shoulder and neck area. That is amplified in special when there is traffic in front of me ...
    Last edited by too much; 09-04-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Beware that many "taller" screens increase turbulence significantly. You are better off getting something that is the same shape as the stock screen, but slightly taller. I don't think they are designed to force the air over the top of your helmet.

SeaMe

check out Eagle Windscreens.
    I'm a happy Bandito customer.
    Got Torque?

Im looking at trying same level of screen but in a Double Bubble style. I also tried the givi, and the turbulance was so bad it was giving me headaches, i took it off and sent it back .

Im looking at trying same level of screen but in a Double Bubble style. I also tried the givi, and the turbulance was so bad it was giving me headaches, i took it off and sent it back .
    Interesting. How tall are you? Was the turbulance at any specific speed with the Givi? I get some turbulance now, so I'm just wondering.

Your seated height on the bike will make a difference in turbulance. The stock Bandit windscreen created a lot of turbulance for me. Eagle Windscreens took note of my height and weight and knew the bike. They sent me pics of the mounted windscreen on an employee's Bandit. They custom moulded and tinted the screen for me. They offered me tinting in a wide range of colours and shades. I opted for a plain, lighter tint. It took them a week to manufacture it and 3 weeks to ship from Australia to my local post office. This was done during the winter, so no rush. The holes were predrilled and all in the correct spots. Plus the price was cheaper than what I could equivalently find in the US and bonus the Canadian dollar is marginally stronger than the Australian.
    Got Torque?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomerthe1 View Post
    Your seated height on the bike will make a difference in turbulance. The stock Bandit windscreen created a lot of turbulance for me. Eagle Windscreens took note of my height and weight and knew the bike. They sent me pics of the mounted windscreen on an employee's Bandit. They custom moulded and tinted the screen for me. They offered me tinting in a wide range of colours and shades. I opted for a plain, lighter tint. It took them a week to manufacture it and 3 weeks to ship from Australia to my local post office. This was done during the winter, so no rush. The holes were predrilled and all in the correct spots. Plus the price was cheaper than what I could equivalently find in the US and bonus the Canadian dollar is marginally stronger than the Australian.
    Do you still get turbulance and where does the wind hit you now vs before, if there was any change?

Interesting. How tall are you? Was the turbulance at any specific speed with the Givi? I get some turbulance now, so I'm just wondering.
    I'm 5'11". I've tried only the givi so far, but from what i've read there really is no good windsheild out there for anyone over 5'10" for this bike yet. Tallest they have is +4" with flip tip. Your gonna want to stick with stock or the Suzuki touring version that comes with the '10 Bandits, I belive its 1-1/2" taller then stock and puts wind at base of helmet. This will get most wind off your chest and keep wind noise to a minimum.

I'm 5'11". I've tried only the givi so far, but from what i've read there really is no good windsheild out there for anyone over 5'10" for this bike yet. Tallest they have is +4" with flip tip. Your gonna want to stick with stock or the Suzuki touring version that comes with the '10 Bandits, I belive its 1-1/2" taller then stock and puts wind at base of helmet. This will get most wind off your chest and keep wind noise to a minimum.
    That's exactly where I get it now, right at the base of my helmet. Based on what I'm reading, I think I'll leave it for now since it really isn't all that bad.

I bought the zero gravity touring screen...
    I'm 6'1"... it didn't work for me... I'd get an awfull droning or humm at any speed over 40kmh... 'Went back to teh OEM screen.

So... if your under 5'10 there's a zero gravity screen for sale..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoler View Post
    I bought the zero gravity touring screen...
    I'm 6'1"... it didn't work for me... I'd get an awfull droning or humm at any speed over 40kmh... 'Went back to teh OEM screen.

So... if your under 5'10 there's a zero gravity screen for sale..
    Which one do you have?

you can find more info here:
    http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=7950.0
    and
    http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=3928.0
    and
    http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=9366.0
    there may be more on there if you do a search. Great site for Bandit owners and a few of us Canucks on there too. The Bandit makes a great touring bike but I am still tweaking my windscreen cuz at 6'3" there seems no easy off the shelf solution for me. I have the Powerbronze
    http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/shop/Pr...3&MC_ID=818266 but am looking at adding a lip or air foil to get rid of some of the helmet buffeting I get at times.
    Once I thought I was wrong.... but I was mistaken!

I'm 5.10 and have ZG Double Bubble on the 2002 Bandit. I rode several 80-900Km days in a row with no problems. However I can't honestly say windshield is to be credited for my comfort more than 20% - the rest goes to the seat, handlebar risers, suspension, etc. Whatever you put on after a while you'll start noticing it's flaws and forgetting it's good sides. No way to compare properly unless you ride identical bikes with different screens back-to-back long enough and fast enough. My bike with busa shock, raisers and Corbin seat feels very different than stock, but not necessarily better for everyone.

As far as wind noise goes, the helmet makes a much bigger difference, IMO. The most noticeable difference with windshields is the wind buffeting, or lack thereof. Coming from a naked bike that I used to ride 140+ for hours on end, the wind pressure is not an issue to me.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Which one do you have?
    I also have a dark one for sale ... Doesn't work for me either, I will go back to stock.

The ZG sport tourong is 6 inches taller than the stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by too much View Post
    The ZG sport tourong is 6 inches taller than the stock one.
    Really hmm, i must looky