Received my Disclosure. Can't Read it - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Received my Disclosure. Can't Read it

2007 HD VRSCDX Night Rod Special :) Oh yeah...

Re: Received my Disclosure. Can't Read it

Deciphered (mostly):

Laser # 25602 ?
    tested 2pm - 180m - self display o'vel 15/24
    Location 3pm South ? 66m west of Warden
    Tested - same ?
    Honda motorcycle ? eastbound centre 266m
    1st of 2 violations
    ? ? operating(ed?) red Honda motorcycle driving eastbound, center lane at what appeared to be exceeding posted speed limit of 70km/hr. Recorded lane and recorded 96km/h at 266m ? every location. Also recorded BMW ? driving in eastbound curb lane (95km/h) also stopped.
    IDs: Driver's license, registration, insurance
    Weather: Sunny, warm Roads dry
    Traffic: moderate
    Retest 11pm.
    Cheers,

M.

Ah yes....link is working again.

Quote Originally Posted by rydr4lyfe View Post
    Deciphered (mostly):

Laser # 25602 ?
    tested 2pm - 180m - self display o'vel 15/24
    Location 3pm South ? 66m west of Warden
    Tested - same ?
    Honda motorcycle ? eastbound centre 266m
    1st of 2 violations
    ? ? operating(ed?) red Honda motorcycle driving eastbound, center lane at what appeared to be exceeding posted speed limit of 70km/hr. Recorded lane and recorded 96km/h at 266m ? every location. Also recorded BMW ? driving in eastbound curb lane (95km/h) also stopped.
    IDs: Driver's license, registration, insurance
    Weather: Sunny, warm Roads dry
    Traffic: moderate
    Retest 11pm.
    From what I can see I have little hope of fighting it.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

I've always wondered... Other than an officer writting that he has tested the equipment are there any other records to confirm the test has been done?

I only ask because we all know and work with people that just fill out the paperwork without actually doing the job and Police being no different I wonder how often the testing is just lip service.

Was there any traffic around you at the time? I don't see any mention of either other cars or the road being clear. If the distance that the officer measured your speed at was 266 metres, it may be questionable if it was you he was measuring.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Was there any traffic around you at the time? I don't see any mention of either other cars or the road being clear. If the distance that the officer measured your speed at was 266 metres, it may be questionable if it was you he was measuring.
    There was the BMW that the officer mentioned....it was a little ahead of me and to the right. (Almost in between the Laser and me)
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Quote Originally Posted by DaFrEnChGuY View Post
    Show it to your pharmasist

if those bastards can read doctors prescriptions they can decifer that code lol
    HAHAHA! awsome!
    1990 Kawasaki Tengai with a 96 KLR heart transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDraGon View Post
    The same thing just happened to me. I called the court and told the prosecutor. She is requesting the cop type it out. They will fax me the typed version in a few days.
    Any update on this? Wondering if it's been received or what the deal is. Thanks in advance!

A friend of mine who works as Duty Counsel said that from what she could read....the laser should have been tested shortly after I was given my ticket....but according to the disclosure it was tested at 11pm....around 4 hours after my stop.

How does that sound to everyone?
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Also I don't see on the disclosure where it says how fast I was clocked at.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Let me kick in here cause i hate to see you wandering around in the open asking questions.

The disclosure doesn't matter dude, the reason you ask for it is so the cop knows you plan to be in court for sure.
    It also makes him think you possibly know what you're doing, so you did well by asking for disclosure.
    Now you need to go to court a little bit early, wander around near the court room while the people are checking in.
    Look for the officer that gave you the ticket, if you don't see him by the time the session is about to start, go check in with the prosecutor to let them know you are present, they may ask if you want to plead guilty or not.
    You say not guilty if the cop isn't there.
    If he is there, and you still feel like challenging his case, you can say not guilty and have your case heard.
    However if you know you were speeding, simply ask for the reduced fine and 0 points. Pretty much everyone gets that deal if they ask (for reasonable speeding tickets)
    Last edited by AGAVE; 09-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.

2007 HD VRSCDX Night Rod Special :) Oh yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    Dude, that's definitely in there. Look again at my post. I remember that part - he clocked you at 96
    Cheers,

M.

A friend of mine who works as Duty Counsel said that from what she could read....the laser should have been tested shortly after I was given my ticket....but according to the disclosure it was tested at 11pm....around 4 hours after my stop.

How does that sound to everyone?
    From what I read the measure is "before and after the stop".
    You could argue that 4 hours later is sufficient delay that the test isnt acccurate to when your speed was measured. Also if you read the manual. You should question the officer has to how he did the test. If it varies from the manual you should be found not guilty.

From the notes you posted it says 97 kph measured.

Yea...i read it over and i see my speed now.

I'm a play it safe kinda guy...so if the cop is there I may take the reduced charge.

But my friend says that the time between my stop and the cops re-testing of the equipment is too long. So maybe I should stick with it.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Yea...i read it over and i see my speed now.

I'm a play it safe kinda guy...so if the cop is there I may take the reduced charge.

But my friend says that the time between my stop and the cops re-testing of the equipment is too long. So maybe I should stick with it.

Stick to not guilty. If you are convicted the JP will give you your fine and ask if it is reasonable. At that point you can still ask to have it lowered.

I would never admit guilt. Try anything to not be convicted.

Judging from what I am seeing:

-Improper Laser testing Procedure
    -Tested at range of 180m but clocked me at 266m

I am most likely gonna fight it even if the cop shows.

I'll ask for clearer disclosure and go from there....I have over 6 months to prepare anyways.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

I read it as he tested at 15m and 24m, numbers which jive with the manual. Looks like 627 of PRP got you.

I definately support fighting your tickets and speaking to the prosecutor. When I last fought a ticket. All the people charged were sitting around in the court room prior to court and basically the Prosecutor called out everyone listed on the docket and asked how we wanted to plead and what we wanted to do. Most were going to plead guilty to a lesser offence. I was just about last on the list. I plea bargained as well.
    When I was called to up to the front for my turn the prosecutor turned and faced me and lipped to me plead not guilty. A bit confused I did as he said and the judge then turned to him and he said the cop wasn't there due to training and there was no evidence against me. I think in general the prosecutors are pretty fair. This is just my one experiance mind you.

Wow, great experience! Nice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw_1979 View Post
    I definately support fighting your tickets and speaking to the prosecutor. When I last fought a ticket. All the people charged were sitting around in the court room prior to court and basically the Prosecutor called out everyone listed on the docket and asked how we wanted to plead and what we wanted to do. Most were going to plead guilty to a lesser offence. I was just about last on the list. I plea bargained as well.
    When I was called to up to the front for my turn the prosecutor turned and faced me and lipped to me plead not guilty. A bit confused I did as he said and the judge then turned to him and he said the cop wasn't there due to training and there was no evidence against me. I think in general the prosecutors are pretty fair. This is just my one experiance mind you.

Man my mom went to court for her first speeding ticket EVER and thats in 20+ years of driving. And the cop wasn't there... But she didn't know enough to plead not guilty. The prosecutor took advantage of her and made her an offer right away of no points. The judge then further reduced the ticket from $65 to $40. But still she got screwed by the prosecutor.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Man my mom went to court for her first speeding ticket EVER and thats in 20+ years of driving. And the cop wasn't there... But she didn't know enough to plead not guilty. The prosecutor took advantage of her and made her an offer right away of no points. The judge then further reduced the ticket from $65 to $40. But still she got screwed by the prosecutor.
    That's why if you're not confident enough to deal with court, you hire a representative.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde