After reading this I think I'm going to trial

Thread: After reading this I think I'm going to trial

After reading this I think I'm going to trial

I'm going to find out if all my charges wil be plea bargained down to a careless or less this week but after seeing this and my case will be in Newmarket I'm having second thoughts of excepting a plea bargain just so my lawyer can make a quick buck off me and move on.

He may have to go the distance if there's a chance I may get off anyway. My disclosure shows a very weak case for the cops who charged me. All there evidence is hearsay, no radar, pacing, witnesses, wrong description of vehicle, time lines that don't match etc.... and this guy gets off with hard evidence due to an untimely trial... WTF...

check this out....

http://www.yorkregion.com/News/Top%2.../article/96028
    don't just ride... slide.

Re: After reading this I think I'm going to trial

Charter of Rights and Freedoms section 11(b), as stated in the sticky.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

If your disclosure is as you describe it, don't accept a plea-bargain.

I find out Tues what the crown has to offer. I'm not to crazy about even excepting careless driving with what they have against me. Basically though it's my word against theirs as what happened and they really elaborated on stuff. I don't want to say "lied" as that would get me in contempt in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdpleaser View Post
    I find out Tues what the crown has to offer. I'm not to crazy about even excepting careless driving with what they have against me. Basically though it's my word against theirs as what happened and they really elaborated on stuff. I don't want to say "lied" as that would get me in contempt in court.
    Elaborated or embellish? Elaborated means they were thorough and were very descriptive.

Embellish
    Verb
    1. to make (something) more attractive by adding decorations
    2. to make (a story) more interesting by adding details which may not be true

If you have hired a lawyer, they should know how to beat the ticket, if there are numerous contradictions in the notes/disclosure. If it is possible to blow the case wide open, the lawyer will usually mention that to you. If the case is 50/50, then the lawyer may suggest you take a plea bargain. If you do not want to take the plea bargain, simply instruct your lawyer to go to trial and attempt to beat the charges. If you cannot attend, make sure your lawyer has your instruction in writing.

Thanks, I will say embellish then. I will have to watch what I say as it can be taken the wrong way even though it's not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdpleaser View Post
    Thanks, I will say embellish then. I will have to watch what I say as it can be taken the wrong way even though it's not what I meant.
    Say what you mean and not what you wrote

It also helps to know the meaning of the words you use.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    Say what you mean and not what you wrote

It also helps to know the meaning of the words you use.
    I dropped out of school.... I will have to bring a dictionary with me.... lol