adirondacks/vermont/newhampshire/maine

Thread: adirondacks/vermont/newhampshire/maine

adirondacks/vermont/newhampshire/maine

...anyone considering a run to the east coast - hit up highway 2east. I just came back from 3000k in 3.5days, and didn't hit one superslab from Ny state on through to the south main coast. Amazing roads! friendly people - and non stop lobster shacks!

The only negative part was coming back through Kingston today on the 401 - traffic jam - I was creeping up the inside shoulder while the cagers were gridlocked. A semi truck thought he would play police officer and threatened to run me off the road. this happened to me before in Oakville - not sure what's wrong with the big truckers...

was a different story across the US - I was always down on the States, but now I can whole heartedly recommend a ride through the northeast. People love bikes - and time again would invite me to pass through their lane space. A different mindset towards bikers - and I'm surprised and sorry to report, but it was more positive than I've experienced anywhere within 500k of Toronto.

If anyone would like some route suggestions or pics let me know - a truly amazing trip that has huge mountains, ocean rides, remote lakes & true wilderness.

...already looking forward to the next time the girlfriend goes away so I can make another run south...
    Treeline Catering
    InsanelyGoodFood.com

Re: adirondacks/vermont/newhampshire/maine

dude post some pics lol. i love that route i took a trip out to maine about 3 years ago and took the same way home.

Re: adirondacks/vermont/newhampshire/maine

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    ...anyone considering a run to the east coast - hit up highway 2east. I just came back from 3000k in 3.5days, and didn't hit one superslab from Ny state on through to the south main coast. Amazing roads! friendly people - and non stop lobster shacks!

The only negative part was coming back through Kingston today on the 401 - traffic jam - I was creeping up the inside shoulder while the cagers were gridlocked. A semi truck thought he would play police officer and threatened to run me off the road. this happened to me before in Oakville - not sure what's wrong with the big truckers...

was a different story across the US - I was always down on the States, but now I can whole heartedly recommend a ride through the northeast. People love bikes - and time again would invite me to pass through their lane space. A different mindset towards bikers - and I'm surprised and sorry to report, but it was more positive than I've experienced anywhere within 500k of Toronto.

If anyone would like some route suggestions or pics let me know - a truly amazing trip that has huge mountains, ocean rides, remote lakes & true wilderness.

...already looking forward to the next time the girlfriend goes away so I can make another run south...

Because he was a frig *******. Not rocket science. Couldn't judge what is truly a hazard if his pathetic life depended on it. *******. And on behalf of ******* truckers like that, I am sorry. I drive heavy truck myself. In your case I wudda been be sorely tempted to park the bike. Run up along side while he was stopped and pull that mother ****ers brake line hoses off. The spring brakes will lock up. THEN he does have something to ***** about, the frig loser.
    Sorry it happened to you. Figures it would be on the 401 on home turf..

Sounds like a great trip tho, so cool.