R1 Rider Charged!? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R1 Rider Charged!?

Re: R1 Rider Charged!?

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Has he been to court yet?
    Im sure he has, havent talked to him in a while but his parents house is in my neiboourhood and thats where he keeps his bikes...And hes got aother one and is still riding...

I'll ask him what the outcome was next time I see him, but Im 100% honest that as a friend the story was told to me the same way it was told in his message...Mark is a smart guy, who makes a very good living...Hes not the kind of person to make excuses for his own mistakes, or ask for sympathy...

He simply had some bad luck, got screwd and shared the story and the pics...Cause its a good one!

why would someone go through the time and effort to write that story, take pictures...which he looks to be smiling in...something you wouldnt be gloating about if it was your fault. and post it online. GTAM is always 2nd guessing everything, take it as a joke if you dont truly believe it, because he wrote a pretty comedic story.

What would the excuse be if there was a child that went out behind the ambulance... it looks like a neighborhood where children might exist.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Has he been to court yet?
    I should know more later today, called a buddy and he is going to call him and find out what the outcome was...

When I called this guy he said "Oh yeah I remember when Rabs got ran over"...."He was riding behind the ambulance, when it over shot the house that had an emergency call, then the driver just slapped it in reverse and ran over his bike"....

What a flowery writeup.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I should know more later today, called a buddy and he is going to call him and find out what the outcome was...

When I called this guy he said "Oh yeah I remember when Rabs got ran over"...."He was riding behind the ambulance, when it over shot the house that had an emergency call, then the driver just slapped it in reverse and ran over his bike"....
    emergency lights were probably on if it was a call....

D

Quote Originally Posted by DRZSMDUDE View Post
    emergency lights were probably on if it was a call....

D
    negative.....They were not, so maybe it wasnt an "emergency" so much as just a call for an ambulance to that house...

This guys is not a moron, cant you tell by his grammar and story telling skills?

This could happen to anyone.....It was bad luck like he said "wrong place wrong time"

I will get back to you guys once I hear back from my buddy....

And for the comment about the dent in the tank, something fell on it in his garage before the accident...I remember him telling me that story aswell...

negative.....They were not, so maybe it wasnt an "emergency" so much as just a call for an ambulance to that house...

This guys is not a moron, cant you tell by his grammar and story telling skills?

This could happen to anyone.....It was bad luck like he said "wrong place wrong time"

I will get back to you guys once I hear back from my buddy....

And for the comment about the dent in the tank, something fell on it in his garage before the accident...I remember him telling me that story aswell...
    Not that I care about grammar skills, this is the internet.....any story can be re-written easily.....if all is true I feel for the guy and charges most likely will be dropped if the truth was told in court. I have been on the bad end of POPO as well and still am feeling the consequences...

D

Find anything out, would like to know if a ambulance can back into you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post
    Ah I forgot, he did call me back but I missed his calls....I'll try to get in touch with him today, as Im sure he called me back with answers...

Banned

Damn thats messed up...

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post
    I don't know the guy or the story, but I'm 99% sure ambulances are allowed to back into stuff and not be responsible for the damage... I'm not saying it's right, just what it is...

It's a bit of blank cheque law... in many cases it would be easy to avoid crap like this without delaying response... but doubt anything will be done to change it.

man some laws just stink.

Quote Originally Posted by adv_round View Post
    I don't know the guy or the story, but I'm 99% sure ambulances are allowed to back into stuff and not be responsible for the damage... I'm not saying it's right, just what it is...

It's a bit of blank cheque law... in many cases it would be easy to avoid crap like this without delaying response... but doubt anything will be done to change it.
    well my father was an ambulance driver and NO he wasn't allowed to do anything he wants. The driver is 100% responsible for his actions. For example, if my dad ran a red light with his emergency lights on and a car his him it would of been my dad's responsibility. There's no such thing as "blank cheque law"
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

i call bs on that, cops run lights by just tossing on the lights at will..... few months back, we all heard about the cop who rear ended another cop while the first officer was doing a stop.......

who do you think was the only one ACTUALLY charged with a crime?

if you believe for one second that the ems, police, fire etc are responsible for anything if they say they were on a call or on route, you my friend, have A LOT to learn

I'm not saying they are allowed to do anything they want, but backing into stuff that's within XXX meters as marked on the back of an ambulance, they are not at fault.
    What I was getting at, with today's technology (rear-view cameras) it should be easy to avoid these accidents. When it happens, they can't just leave and it prolongs response time, so it would be win/win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedraggin101 View Post
    i call bs on that, cops run lights by just tossing on the lights at will..... few months back, we all heard about the cop who rear ended another cop while the first officer was doing a stop.......

who do you think was the only one ACTUALLY charged with a crime?

if you believe for one second that the ems, police, fire etc are responsible for anything if they say they were on a call or on route, you my friend, have A LOT to learn
    .. actually YOU have alot to learn if you dont think that emergency service workers dont get charged under the HTA .. if an accident occurs while responding to an emergency.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

wow... My friend, YOU have a lot to learn...
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

not really, i have friends who are in all of the 3 mentioned above, opp, york, metro, peel, and then fire in 3 diff area and ems in 2

I hear all the stories all the time.... maybe some do, but i highly doubt the courts lean on them like they do us... say all you want, about thinking I have a lot to learn, but with the # of ppl i know in these diff area's and the stories i hear, they cant all be full of ....

not really, i have friends who are in all of the 3 mentioned above, opp, york, metro, peel, and then fire in 3 diff area and ems in 2

I hear all the stories all the time.... maybe some do, but i highly doubt the courts lean on them like they do us... say all you want, about thinking I have a lot to learn, but with the # of ppl i know in these diff area's and the stories i hear, they cant all be full of ....
    LOL .. so you have a total of 8 people you know in emergency services and NONE of them know anyone who has been charged?

FYI the courts treat us no different than the rest of the world.
    Just off the top of my head i know of ;
    4 fire fighters charged under bill 203
    3 FF charged under the HTA while driving fire apparatus to an emergency
    6 cops charged under 203
    1 cop charged under the HTA while responding to an emergency ( by his own peer)
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.