routes to east coast?

Thread: routes to east coast?

routes to east coast?

going out east for a week on the labour day weekend, any suggestions for routes and must see's along the way? I'm probably going to spend a full day in Halifax as I've never been there and obviously the cabot trail, haven't planned anything beyond that. I can manage 800km a day consistently so I'm free to cover a fair bit of road. Twisty roads are nice but so is beautiful scenery

Is the quebec route really that bad compared to going through the states?

Re: routes to east coast?

Quote Originally Posted by regder View Post
    going out east for a week on the labour day weekend, any suggestions for routes and must see's along the way? I'm probably going to spend a full day in Halifax as I've never been there and obviously the cabot trail, haven't planned anything beyond that. I can manage 800km a day consistently so I'm free to cover a fair bit of road. Twisty roads are nice but so is beautiful scenery

Is the quebec route really that bad compared to going through the states?
    See my post from the ride I did this summer:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=86357

Roads thru Adrinodacks, Vermont and NH are much scenic and twistier than going thru Quebec. Less police presence on the back roads too, watch for speed around towns.
    Try to make a stop at Mt. Washington if possible. It's well worth it...

The staes is a beautiful scenic ride i would definetley suggest either taking the states there or home! i did the trip for 12 days beginning of july.
    Quebec isn't bad if you take the hwy 132 from this side of montreal to levi.

Then when you get to NB a nice ride was the scenic st john river trail.
    runs from Edmunston to Moncton.

cabot trail is a must!! people will tell you to run the trail from the east to the west so you are on the edge of the cliff but locals will say the west to the east is the way to ride it so you can see the trail winding down in front of you.

As well the oceanfront trail along the east coast of NS to Halifax.

nice route zimzima, do you have a detailed route of the roads you did?