Sponsorships - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sponsorships

Re: Sponsorships

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Sponsors are more trouble then they are worth most time... IMO.
    That's unfortunate.........they saves me tens of thousands over the years, but it is a lot of work on, off, and after you've done racing - but IMO well worth the effort. In the end, I think they get more out of the sponsored racer then the racer gets out of the sponsor - but it's a great trade off and makes for a super team when it happens.
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

Quote Originally Posted by GECKO View Post
    That's unfortunate.........they saves me tens of thousands over the years, but it is a lot of work on, off, and after you've done racing - but IMO well worth the effort. In the end, I think they get more out of the sponsored racer then the racer gets out of the sponsor - but it's a great trade off and makes for a super team when it happens.
    No offense but you are a woman, and that makes it MUCH more beneficial in todays racing enviornment when it comes to sponsorships and the like. And you were one of the first few woman that really got involved in the scene.

They look at most of us swinging dicks and could care less. I sometimes wish I had a vagina when it comes to racing.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I sometimes wish I had a vagina when it comes to racing.
    people that line up against you have wished the same thing for you.

There are operations for that. Although with the cost of the operation (I'm assuming Mexico) in the long run you'd probably be ahead money by just keeping your own junk, and running what you brung.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

You complain like you have one!

Ha - might work that way now but when I started they didn't give a rats *** if I was a chick, in fact never used that reason as I'd rather be know to be a good racer, then a good woman racer. There are some trick and if you want to know them drop by and I'd be glad to share what I have learned.....doesn't help in todays econimy with all the Mfg's cutting back it makes it that much harder to get anything.
    GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

I agree with Shauna. Sponsors have saved me tens of thousands of dollars over the years. Certainly worth the effort if you are even semi serious.

very good write up thanks!
    "There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated"
    -NOFX 'the idiots are taking over'