This Is Why My Bike Will Never Get Stolen (Pic) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Is Why My Bike Will Never Get Stolen (Pic)

Re: This Is Why My Bike Will Never Get Stolen (Pic)

Who ever steals your new R6 will know you and know you'll be away when they take it.

If they go into people's garages and back yards to get bikes they'll walk in your living room also. Not like you have a steel plated vault door to keep them out, heck it's big enough to get the TV out too.

Get insurance and keep the fumes out of your kids lungs.
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Get a bike with symmetrical headlights. Nobody will want to steal it because it's ugly.
    "Never lean to steer. Always steer to lean." - source: unknown.

Remember, when it comes to theft - it comes down to time and opportunity.

Even when multiple or very advanced security systems/theft prevention systems are used, it really comes down to the opportunity to commit the theft, and the time needed to complete the theft.

In this case, having two bikes tethered together with what appears to be an unbreakable chain, is not wholly unbeatable. It is just unlikely to be defeated. But, a thief with time and resources could do it. Having the proper tools/equipment (generator with angle grinder or a torch setup) and clearly a van to put the equipment and bike into would suffice. Then it only becomes an issue of the time to cut the lock and method to cut it off, both of which can be rehearsed through the purchase of similar locks. The location of the bike and their securing method is static for periods of time, and a thief likely knows this and that they have time to return when appropriate to complete the crime.

Again, these are theft deterrent systems, and are not 100% thief proof. Clearly, as you can see above, it takes little preparation and thought to defeat - only mediocre mechanical knowledge of metals and how to cut/manipulate them.

Using multiple methods of security is the best prevention. One to make the bike virtually immobile. Another to secure it to something equally or more immovable. And another for audible or visual deterrent (IE alarm or disc lock with alarm). The combination will make it near impossible for an amateur thief, and difficult for a professional.

i forgot the keys in my bikes ignition while at walmart
    came back and it was still there, lol. 27 year old bike

You may want to read over your tenants insurance or house insurance policy. In most policies it is against the policy to keep automobiles inside the residence due to possibility of exhaust fumes and the fire hazard of keeping a fuel tank inside the house. If it were to cause a fire and your policy does not allow you to keep a motor vehicle inside the living quarters of the residence, you may not be covered.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

You know what I call impossible to steal? LOL

Something that can transform and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    You may want to read over your tenants insurance or house insurance policy. In most policies it is against the policy to keep automobiles inside the residence due to possibility of exhaust fumes and the fire hazard of keeping a fuel tank inside the house. If it were to cause a fire and your policy does not allow you to keep a motor vehicle inside the living quarters of the residence, you may not be covered.
    Shhh.. no one needs to know. :P

maybe completely drain/remove gas tank?

Banned

Make sure youve earned that patch, or sticker. Hells Angels MC have lawyers, and can and will sue for copyright infringement. That would be the least of your problems tho. Have a sit-down with a chapter boss always helps. Hells Angels are sometimes very helpful. ML&R 81's

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    a H.A.M.C. decal is normally a good deterrent
    Last edited by Ice Pic; 10-24-2010 at 08:08 AM.