This Is Why My Bike Will Never Get Stolen (Pic)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is Why My Bike Will Never Get Stolen (Pic)

This Is Why My Bike Will Never Get Stolen (Pic)

Do you think my bike will get stolen out of my livingroom? I have parked it besides my 50' inch TV for 4 years now. I sleep in peace, trust me.

and here's my secret, a wooden plank allows me to get my bike inside in 5 seconds flat, I have even rode it inside with the engine on.

and you can bet your butt I will park my future Yamaha R6 inside too when I get it.
    -

Re: This Is Why My Bike Will Never Get Stolen (Pic)

i don't think your bike is on the high priority "to steal" list lol. and with the plank there, i'd say a home intruder would rather take the tv

you must have nice neighbours, beacuse they can call the city/property standards on you and get you to park it elsewhere or face a hefty fine

not knocking your ride, but i'd say you're overreacting with the theft assumption... i wouldn't say that if you had the R6 though
    Last edited by Declan Gunn; 08-23-2009 at 11:49 PM.
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

I've forgotten my keys in mine at work. my bike is old and looks like a jalopy, that's it's theft deterrent.
    x

I'm not concerned either for mine, don't think people will steal a bike that's almost 30 years old and weighs over 500lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    and here's my secret, a wooden plank allows me to get my bike inside in 5 seconds flat, I have even rode it inside with the engine on.

-
    Plank = One of the kitchen cabinet doors.

Rep for being a real man!

WHo'd want to steal that?

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    I've forgotten my keys in mine at work. my bike is old and looks like a jalopy, that's it's theft deterrent.
    LOL!!
    I've done the same thing. I had to go in to work for an hour long meeting and left the keys in a Ducati 998! It was still there when I got out of the meeting, but still.....
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by csr View Post
    No one, they're too busy stealing new sportbikes from underground garages.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

a H.A.M.C. decal is normally a good deterrent

Quote Originally Posted by csr View Post
    That's what I thought too and a cop told me that it's as gold as a sports bike, I asked him "how?" and he said that dual-sports are stolen because they are sold in farms and northern Ontario villages where they don't even bother painting them another color because nobody will ever see them inside their closed gate farms.

BTW, I never claimed by bike is a Hayabusa gem that all bike thieves are slapping each other in the face to steal, I merely said that it is hard to get stolen from my livingroom, even if it was a 2009 R6, that's the cream of my post.

what do you need the plank for?
    you could climb a 24" edge and you wouldn't tell the difference.

plank = unstable unless you got it nailed to the floor.

you must have nice neighbours, beacuse they can call the city/property standards on you and get you to park it elsewhere or face a hefty fine
    he's also got a wheel chair noone can see in the other room. no fines for having a plank now would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    lol same here. Once I had to take a leak so bad that I stopped at a timmies and left the keys in and lights on! Just hit the kill switch and ran inside. No one touched it.
    1990 Kawasaki Tengai with a 96 KLR heart transplant.

and Pegasus strikes again, this was like a deja vu for me

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...3&postcount=32
    FOR SALE:
    2003 Kawasaki Z1000 $5000
    plus TONS of bike parts..... www.masalma.com

Floats like a butterfly, & stings like a Z!

Banned

Ummm...your insurance won't cover your house if it were to up in flames. The gas tank has to be taken off, and carb(s) drained.

I don't know if my floors would hold my Gixxer. Brand new houses aren't built like the older ones. 2X6 joists. Would hate to wake up to find it in the basement!

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post
    I don't know if my floors would hold my Gixxer. Brand new houses aren't built like the older ones. 2X6 joists. Would hate to wake up to find it in the basement!
    Unless your GSXR weighs 1500 lbs, you know nothing about house construction.
    Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Andreas and frekeyguy,
    Both of you ride supersport bikes on the street, and neither of you do it very well.
    Their intended purpose was for racing, why don't you guys buy scooters, the handling ability of a vespa is still beyond anything either of you are going to need.

I also used to park my bike in the house, but it was the basement. I wanted the peace of mind that no one would steal my ride. When you buy your planned R6 it'll be important. If you

There's the issue of gas fumes in the house. I would not run the bike in the house as well, due to carbon monoxide poisoning. And don't clean your gas tank in the house while smoking. On another forum a guy set fire to his moped that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post
    Ummm...your insurance won't cover your house if it were to up in flames. The gas tank has to be taken off, and carb(s) drained.

How much do you think your gixxer weighs? By that logic, wouldnt your couch fall through the floor after 3 ppl sat on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    Do you think my bike will get stolen out of my livingroom? I have parked it besides my 50' inch TV for 4 years now. I sleep in peace, trust me.

and you can bet your butt I will park my future Yamaha R6 inside too when I get it.
    -
    Show some respect for your parents, you shouldn't be parking your bike in their house.
    2000 ZX-9R NINJA from the WESTSIDE GHETTO

[QUOTE=KMFDM;1029901I don't know if my floors would hold my Gixxer. Brand new houses aren't built like the older ones. 2X6 joists. Would hate to wake up to find it in the basement![/QUOTE]

Make sure you never buy a pool table then . . . do you know how much slate weighs?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Unless your GSXR weighs 1500 lbs, you know nothing about house construction.
    Curb Weight: 460 lbs. I know more than you think. Would do a number on the tiles, and the hardwood floors. Not to mention, jeopardize my house insurance. I don't live in a trailer, but thanks for the tip. Pffft.