How to charge your local cop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to charge your local cop

Talking How to charge your local cop

Under the Police Services Act, the Chief of Police of the involved service must first deal with all complaints. There is a brochure that outlines this process that you can get if requested.

If you can not resolve the situation at this point then it should be sent to
    Ontario Provincial Police
    Professional Standards Bureau
    777 Memorial Avenue
    Orillia, Ontario
    L3V 7V3
    Chris Newton
    Staff Sergeant
    Manager Classification & Analysis Unit
    Phone: 705-329-6051
    Fax: 705-329-6050

Remember there is a time limit to do this so the sooner you get it in the better.

Once a decision has been made by ther service you will be advised. If you should disagree with the decision, the complaint can be reviewed by writing to the Commission within 30 days. @

Ontario Civillian Commission on Police Services
    1st Floor 25 Grosvenor Street
    Toronto ON
    M7A 1Y6
    Phone 1-888-515-5005
    Fax 1-888-311-7555

Make sure you include all information regarding incident, no matter how insignificant you may think it is.

For example
    If you have witnesses, include their testimony (under oath is better)
    Overheads of area in question if relevant
    Video evidence etc....
    _______________________________________o-'o
    Good guy's wear Black!
    I want everything faster than everything else!
    F 203

Re: How to charge your local cop

lol the copsll love you for dumpin that on this site. Ahahahaha

And I love them!

At least the decent hard working officer's that work to serve and protect us.

But not those other wanna be cowboys. Which is why i posted this.
    Good guy's wear Black!
    F 203

Quote Originally Posted by chingo_hd View Post
    And I love them!

At least the decent hard working officer's that work to serve and protect us.

But not those other wanna be cowboys. Which is why i posted this.
    Hear ya bro. Like gramma always says theres a few bad apples in every bushel.

And the whole bunch covers them up and protects them. That's why they need to be dug out of the basket and removed, until only the good ones remain.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    And the whole bunch covers them up and protects them. That's why they need to be dug out of the basket and removed, until only the good ones remain.
    hear hear +1
    $DRAGON$
    (((((Founder)))))

www.powerofmotorcycles.com
    Pics,Vids, and all aspects of motorcycling
    in the GTA and beyond.........

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    +2.
    Well said bro.

Under the Police Services Act, the Chief of Police of the involved service must first deal with all complaints. There is a brochure that outlines this process that you can get if requested.

If you can not resolve the situation at this point then it should be sent to
    Ontario Provincial Police
    Professional Standards Bureau
    777 Memorial Avenue
    Orillia, Ontario
    L3V 7V3
    Chris Newton
    Staff Sergeant
    Manager Classification & Analysis Unit
    Phone: 705-329-6051
    Fax: 705-329-6050

Remember there is a time limit to do this so the sooner you get it in the better.

Once a decision has been made by ther service you will be advised. If you should disagree with the decision, the complaint can be reviewed by writing to the Commission within 30 days. @

Ontario Civillian Commission on Police Services
    1st Floor 25 Grosvenor Street
    Toronto ON
    M7A 1Y6
    Phone 1-888-515-5005
    Fax 1-888-311-7555

Make sure you include all information regarding incident, no matter how insignificant you may think it is.

For example
    If you have witnesses, include their testimony (under oath is better)
    Overheads of area in question if relevant
    Video evidence etc....

This information is available on most police service websites and at every station.

However, sending a complaint that you are not happy with the outcome of, to the OPP, isn't gonna do much if the officer your are complaining about is not an OPP officer.

The time limit is still 6 months I believe. And it cannot be a 3rd party complaint.

If your complaint is legit and can be proven... Do not go through the Police services process.... Just file a law suit. The Police services complaint process will be dragged out long enough that you will surpass the statute of limitations and not be able to sue afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    If your complaint is legit and can be proven... Do not go through the Police services process.... Just file a law suit. The Police services complaint process will be dragged out long enough that you will surpass the statute of limitations and not be able to sue afterwards...
    .... which makes you decide which is more important; money or justice. If there are no monetary losses to redress, then a civil suit does nothing for justice.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post

LOL... You're going to file a law suit because a cop told you to stfu and go in your house, or whatever???

A civil suit cannot begin until everything else is complete, so I don't think the "statute of limitations" would come into effect here. But I'm not totally sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    LOL... You're going to file a law suit because a cop told you to stfu and go in your house, or whatever???

A civil suit cannot begin until everything else is complete, so I don't think the "statute of limitations" would come into effect here. But I'm not totally sure on that.
    Smoke, if one person on this board would have a valid claim it would be duck. You may have read about the incident years back, as it was a black eye to every member of the Peel force. It didn't involve being butt-hurt about getting told off by an officer.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Smoke, if one person on this board would have a valid claim it would be duck. You may have read about the incident years back, as it was a black eye to every member of the Peel force. It didn't involve being butt-hurt about getting told off by an officer.

Not sure what you are talking about...not even sure what you mean about butt-hurt.

My point being that MANY complaints that are made against police are completely frivilous, and to think a lawsuit is possible is completely crazy.

PS.......I'm sure there are many others that have valid complaints.

Yeah it's directed at the OPP sorry i should of specified.
    I was just trying to open peole's eyes that might not be aware of such information.
    Funny how people in the business in one way or another are getting their noses out of joint.

It was just a public service message.
    Good guy's wear Black!
    F 203

Yeah it's directed at the OPP sorry i should of specified.
    I was just trying to open peole's eyes that might not be aware of such information.
    Funny how people in the business in one way or another are getting their noses out of joint.

It was just a public service message.
    Like I said, it is on every police service website out there I'm sure.

And most lawyers now about it. As do most criminals.

But I guess there are some people that don't......

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    *Translation required...*

What do you mean, "...would be duck."

I also don't understand, "butt-hurt"
    Con - Brantford

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post

Ah...no. A cop that told me to STFU and go inside my house... Would be told where to go...and if the cop chose to esculate the situation... Than so be it! I don't "bow down" to cops, I could care less that they have a badge and/or gun! I stopped "bowing down" to cops after an incident years ago...
    "Legit" to me, as said in my earlier statement, does not include the majority of complaints.. which I agree with you, are frivilous. My concern is the few that are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    *Translation required...*

What do you mean, "...would be duck."

I also don't understand, "butt-hurt"
    I... would be duck.

So what happened?