Don't Worry, our justice system is a joke!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Worry, our justice system is a joke!

Lightbulb Don't Worry, our justice system is a joke!

It's all about the money! $$$$$$$$$$

They are so clogged that they are trying to jam through as many cases as they can. This is done by plea bargaining with anybody for everything.

Remeber most prosecutor's are NOT lawyers. They do not want to argue any case they might lose. The cop's will most likely show up because they are getting paid by our tax $$$$$ very well to. Also they are under orders now to make sure they do.

So make sure you plead NOT GUILTY and then file as many documents as you can for your case, (don't forget the 11b even if it's fabricated).

When prosecutor looks at your file he will estimate amount of time to process your case. If it looks like it will take some time or that he might lose he will offer you a deal. I have watched some very serious cases walk away with some very minor charges.

They are looking for as many convictions as they can get to bolster their rep. so they will not want to take a chance losing. The legal system are trying to push up their conviction rate to be able to say "look the stats, prove that we do our job, and convict" as does any stat it hides the truth that it was all B.S. in the first place and they are letting some very serious offences walk because of their incompetence to prosecute.

Also they want an assured amount of money so they will usually slash the fine up to half off. ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$ they want raises.

LESSON: fight your tickets and subpeona's no matter what.

You don't need a lawyer or a ticket guy if you have half a brain, everything is available on the internet for you to present an excellent case. It just takes a little time and homework. YOU CAN DO IT!

Also if you can drag out your case (if it is serious) for over 2 years. Even if you lose points you won't have it applied against you. Demerit points stay on your record for two years from the offence date.

I know we are all Guilty and there is no innocence.
    But because of our F'd up system we can use it to our advantage.

So FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT and never give up the RIGHT
    _______________________________________o-'o
    Good guy's wear Black!
    I want everything faster than everything else!
    F 203

Re: Don't Worry, our justice system is a joke!

Just a note... Demerit points stay on your record for 2 years after the conviction date.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Just a note... Demerit points stay on your record for 2 years after the conviction date.
    Correct. Always fight. But it's a catch 22. The more we fight, the more $ they need, the more tickets they have to write.
    Last edited by Riceburner; 08-21-2009 at 09:52 AM.

I suggest you check out the Mto web site. I copied directly from there it is from offence date not conviction date.
    Good guy's wear Black!
    F 203

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    Correct. Always fight. But it's a catch 22. The more we fight, the more $ they need, the more tickets they have to write.
    They write less tickets = we fight less = they need less money. Ha.
    "They are spending $1.2bn on a gabfest on how to get government spending under control.
    The irony seems lost on them."
    - About the G20

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    ... and the longer permissible delay before 11b can be successful.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by chingo_hd View Post
    I suggest you check out the Mto web site. I copied directly from there it is from offence date not conviction date.
    Correct:

2. If a person is convicted of an offence under a provision of an Act, regulation or municipal by-law set out in Column 1 of the Table to this Regulation and the penalty imposed by the court for the conviction does not include a period of licence suspension, the Registrar shall record in respect of the person, as of the date of commission of the offence, the number of demerit points set out opposite thereto in Column 2. O. Reg. 339/94, s. 2.

3. (1) If a person is convicted of two or more offences arising out of the same circumstances and the penalty imposed by the court in respect of any of the convictions includes a period of licence suspension, no demerit points shall be recorded. O. Reg. 339/94, s. 3 (1).

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    ... and the longer permissible delay before 11b can be successful.
    Another proof that the Charter is a joke.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Another proof that the Charter is a joke.
    Hardly. Without considering existing conditions, you cannot say what would be reasonable and prudent. If you want a joke read the American Constitution and compare it to reality. At least what happens in Canada is stated, straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Hardly. Without considering existing conditions, you cannot say what would be reasonable and prudent. If you want a joke read the American Constitution and compare it to reality. At least what happens in Canada is stated, straight up.
    In this case, justice would demand a set time period to be defined as "excessive." If the courts can't handle it, build more courts or cherry-pick the enforcement targets. Massive tax collection just clogs up the court system without making our roads safer. As for the Charter itself..
    1) "The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society." If a constitution doesn't guarantee absolute rights, it's ineffective.
    2) Just because our neighbors are being screwed over even more doesn't mean we should be screwed over at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chingo_hd View Post
    And you are incorrect...got my abstract to prove it...

then i guess you got the shaft, cause it's right on their website
    Good guy's wear Black!
    F 203

I concur with the OP that it's all about stats. OPP friend of mine hands out 10over tickets like candy: 1) it's a "stat" for him 2) very,very few people will fight a 10over ticket..

Quote Originally Posted by gixxercliff77 View Post
    I concur with the OP that it's all about stats. OPP friend of mine hands out 10over tickets like candy: 1) it's a "stat" for him 2) very,very few people will fight a 10over ticket..
    At the same time, giving people a break...if they decide to take it.
    Last edited by Smokeandapancake; 08-21-2009 at 05:30 PM.

If someone is going to post up info about the justice system, police complaints, doing wheelies or ripping up the track, you would think they would atleast provide accurate info.

Something I am noticing some crowns are now doing, is that if a case is being adjourned, put over, delayed, whatever, at the defendents request, they are asking for an 11b waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    Something I am noticing some crowns are now doing, is that if a case is being adjourned, put over, delayed, whatever, at the defendents request, they are asking for an 11b waiver.
    I should think that's unnecessary, if the delay is caused by the accused. If for example The Crown presented disclosure at time of trial, it would be far from fair to penalize the accused for requesting an adjournment in order to study it.

Yeah, that sounds weird to me too. If the defendant is the cause of the delay, there's no need for him to sign an 11b waiver. If the Crown's actions (or lack of thereof) are the cause of the delay, there's no reason for the defendant to sign it.

It's obviously not used in all circumstances.....but when the defendent is constantly showing up and putting it off, "till he gets a lawyer" or some other lame excuse, thinking he can draw it out long enough....or the lawyer is using lame excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    It's obviously not used in all circumstances.....but when the defendent is constantly showing up and putting it off, "till he gets a lawyer" or some other lame excuse, thinking he can draw it out long enough....or the lawyer is using lame excuses.
    In that case, the defendant's actions are the cause of the delay and no waiver is needed.