Need reputable paralegal or traffic lawyer in KW Cambridge - Stunt Driving

Thread: Need reputable paralegal or traffic lawyer in KW Cambridge - Stunt Driving

Need reputable paralegal or traffic lawyer in KW Cambridge - Stunt Driving

Hi All,

I have my appeal date for my stunt conviction coming up late September. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good traffic lawyer or top-notch paralegal in this area?

I have spoken to a few (i.e. Redline, trafficticketsolutions, etc) and both their responses is that these stunt charges are being treated wildly differently depending on jurisdiction. KW-Cambridge along with Durham and Essex county are being exceptionally harsh (i.e. no plea-bargaining, prosecutors asking for jail time on first offences with clean records etc) while being charged in the GTA, one is more than likely to get a plea bargain down to 49 over. These are strictly dealing with 50 over type scenarios.

You can read my post "Stunting Charge - Judgement Day Tomorrow..." regarding details of the charge.

Cheers

Re: Need reputable paralegal or traffic lawyer in KW Cambridge - Stunt Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2007 View Post
    Hi All,

I have my appeal date for my stunt conviction coming up late September. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good traffic lawyer or top-notch paralegal in this area?

I have spoken to a few (i.e. Redline, trafficticketsolutions, etc) and both their responses is that these stunt charges are being treated wildly differently depending on jurisdiction. KW-Cambridge along with Durham and Essex county are being exceptionally harsh (i.e. no plea-bargaining, prosecutors asking for jail time on first offences with clean records etc) while being charged in the GTA, one is more than likely to get a plea bargain down to 49 over. These are strictly dealing with 50 over type scenarios.

You can read my post "Stunting Charge - Judgement Day Tomorrow..." regarding details of the charge.

Cheers
    Don't know your area to well but your link to your original post doesn't work!! Good luck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2007 View Post
    Hi All,

Cheers
    look up Highway Law in toronto...these people have saved my license on several occasions

This is the original article referenced

Send me a PM if you want the info of a good lawyer. Not cheep $200 per hr. and well he will be very liberal in his billing, but hey your driving an S2000 you got cash.

He got my little brothers friend off on some very nasty stuff.

Thumbs up Re: Need reputable paralegal or traffic lawyer in KW Cambridge - Stunt Driving

Go to http://www.ticketcombat.com
    Read the entire site.
    You will realize that you don't need a lawyer.
    No one does.
    The prosecutor will try to intimidate you.
    This is to try and get you to plead guilty.
    It is scare tackets.
    If a lawyer would make a difference in your case then we have two different justice systems.
    However and this is a big but, YOU must be willing to do alot of homework and fill out alot of paper work.
    If you need more info feel free to PM me and i will give you some more sites for FREE info on how to fight this.
    If you have half a brain, you can do this.
    _______________________________________o-'o
    Good guy's wear Black!
    I want everything faster than everything else!
    F 203

Which court is going to hear the appeal?
    In KW?
    Security transcends technology

Quote Originally Posted by MarcosSantiago View Post
    Which court is going to hear the appeal?
    In KW?
    Yes, the court hearing my appeal is 77 Queen St., Kitchener.

You just cant stay out of trouble...

LOL! Gotcha!

But... I can completely understand.

To the OP: I beat the stunt driving charge, with the help of the judge! That's right, the judge. My lawyer did squat, well not exactly, he did manage to show up late, and have his cell phone ring during trial. The conviction rate is low. Good luck my friend and I wish you all the best in your trial.

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    look up Highway Law in toronto...these people have saved my license on several occasions
    Last edited by g4getmoney; 09-02-2009 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightsun View Post
    Send me a PM if you want the info of a good lawyer. Not cheep $200 per hr. and well he will be very liberal in his billing, but hey your driving an S2000 you got cash.

He got my little brothers friend off on some very nasty stuff.
    $200 an hour for a lawyer is cheap. You can pay up to $1000 per hour for a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by chingo_hd View Post
    Go to http://www.ticketcombat.com
    Read the entire site.
    You will realize that you don't need a lawyer.
    No one does.
    The prosecutor will try to intimidate you.
    This is to try and get you to plead guilty.
    It is scare tackets.
    If a lawyer would make a difference in your case then we have two different justice systems.
    However and this is a big but, YOU must be willing to do alot of homework and fill out alot of paper work.
    If you need more info feel free to PM me and i will give you some more sites for FREE info on how to fight this.
    If you have half a brain, you can do this.
    I disagree here. You have an appeal this is not a retrial. Generally speaking, it is very difficult to overturn guilty plea. For efficiency reasons, the court system doesn't like giving people more than one kick at the can or want to encourage people to have "buyers remorse". What you need to do is come up with a legal reason why the appeal judge should overturn your conviction, this is different then just telling your story (factually) and if you are correct you will be found not guilty. As far as the appeal judge will be concerned is you ARE guilty, because in a court you already admitted you are guilty. What you need to do, I think, is try to plead ineffective counsel. You may be better to call the Law Society, complain about what the paralegal did and see if they can refer you to a lawyer who can help.
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." — John Kenneth Galbraith

2007 BMW K1200S (silver/blue/black) (gone)
    2005 BMW R1200RT (gone)
    2002 Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic (gone)