Replacement knee slider pucks? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replacement knee slider pucks?

Re: Replacement knee slider pucks?

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Keep in mind they are injection moulded sliders. Which need to be thicker because injection moulded sliders wear faster. Look at hand made sliders like Kinetic Reasearch[think they are gone],Klucky, or ours and they are not as thick because they are made from harder materials,flat stock. Anything that has multi colour or inlays is injection moulded. Also most of the generic, Alpenstars,Joe Rocket etc, have honeycoomb inside towards the back of the slider. This reduces the air pockets and helps the injection process,,, but also increases the rate at which the slider wears.
    Calabogie produces some really cool looking sliders. I'll see if I can get some pictures. Cheaper sliders come off looking like they are melting,which they are. Big trail of slider melting off the trailing edge.I've seen some trailing over 6 inches!
    The rain sliders don't wear as fast because of the water, but are usually a really soft material on purpose.
    Those spike ones are garbage... big money for hollow soft junk. Like sliding on butter.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Ok, your boot problem.
    With a Spyke suit: Put suit on and pull up the legs. Put on your boots, and do up the armor, leaving the zip undone. Then, put the suit leg down, and zip it up. Then, zip up the boot outer. End product looks like this:

In that picture you can see also what damage can occur to hard armor with a bad slider (stock spyke worn down) and inproper placement. And, thats the second set of Carbon armor which Bickle replaced.

If you still have sloppy boot syndrome even after putting them on as described, you seriously need to grow some calf muscles.
    LOL at calf muscles....

It doesnt help that I had to buy one size bigger because of a foot injury I have that hasn't healed completely yet. I could have went on size smaller on my left foot, but my right foot is now much bigger then my left so I had to up size.....Its not swollen anymore, but its noticeably bigger just looking at it....

Thanks for the advice, anything to stay away from the duct tape fix

As for sliders I just picked up a set of Dainese double thick's from Riders Choice for Sunday...They have that curve in them and seem to fit my Spyke suit perfect...I'll figure out whats best for me eventually, but for now I just need something to prevent rubbing the suit anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    As for sliders I just picked up a set of Dainese double thick's from Riders Choice for Sunday...They have that curve in them and seem to fit my Spyke suit perfect...I'll figure out whats best for me eventually, but for now I just need something to prevent rubbing the suit anymore....
    My Dainese seem to wear really fast at the beginning but now that there just about done, there rock solid and I get no issues with the plastic melting away. It's like the plastic connected to the Velcro is really hard but the initial frontal part is soft.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Anyone wanna buy them off me for cheap cheap cheap? So I can put the money lost towards a set that will fit....PLEASE!
    Maybe I'll give them a shot. Hopefully they fit Joe Rocket leathers fine. Send me the details pls>how much they're worn, price, location..