quick question

Thread: quick question

quick question

I got a ticket for driving with improper exhaust.......approximately $80 ticket.
    I choose to fight it & handed in my ticket to get a court date.
    that was about 1 year ago. I didn't get any notice, letter....no court date.
    Don't I get a letter if the case is dropped?

now, should I be worried about this thing popping up when/if I get pulled over?
    Anyone with similar experience?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: quick question

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    I got a ticket for driving with improper exhaust.......approximately $80 ticket.
    I choose to fight it & handed in my ticket to get a court date.
    that was about 1 year ago. I didn't get any notice, letter....no court date.
    Don't I get a letter if the case is dropped?

now, should I be worried about this thing popping up when/if I get pulled over?
    Anyone with similar experience?
    Thanks in advance.
    You should get a letter telling you the charges have been withdrawn, if you didn't get a court notice for trial then they likely never got your request to fight the charges, go to the courthouse I wouldn't be surprised if you are guilty of the charge(after 15 days your guilty) and they want there money.
    Not sure if you can appeal it hopefully I'm wrong.
    Last edited by adamcbrrr; 08-18-2009 at 07:32 PM.

It may also be that the officer never handed the paperwork in. It happened to me once and it was like the ticket never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post
    You should get a letter telling you the charges have been withdrawn, if you didn't get a court notice for trial then they likely never got your request to fight the charges, go to the courthouse I wouldn't be surprised if you are guilty of the charge(after 15 days your guilty) and they want there money.
    Not sure if you can appeal it hopefully I'm wrong.
    If that is case, can my license be suspended without me knowing????..since I haven't paid the fine?? I still have the ticket with court stamp on it.

...I have to find out about this sooon. I just assumed that the case has been dropped until someone mentoned that I should get a letter.
    crap.....

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    If that is case, can my license be suspended without me knowing????..since I haven't paid the fine?? I still have the ticket with court stamp on it.

...I have to find out about this sooon. I just assumed that the case has been dropped until someone mentoned that I should get a letter.
    crap.....

Ive had tickets disappear like that, I never got any letter. I had tickets vanish after missing court dates.

You can get an abstract online from the ministry to see if you were convicted. I have also got letters saying Ive been convicted after missing court dates and that I had 30 days to pay or my license would be suspended.

The best check with MTO.

BUT ... You would get a letter in the mail indicating that you are guilty as charged. The letter has the total that has to be paid.

If you didn't get a letter either way, I wouldn't worry, but you should still pay $12 to see your driving record...
    Security transcends technology

thanks for the info. ...........

why was your exhaust considered improper exhaust?

noise......hindle pipe.
    most after market pipes are not for road use.....as far as I know.
    Last edited by somebody; 08-19-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Just go to the courhouse and ask. It happened to me as well, 2 years no trial date. I went to ask, they told me the prosecutor had dropped the charge.

I'd wait until 13 months go by and then go and check. Like that you could most likely get off on an 11b.