My trip to Cabot Trail - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My trip to Cabot Trail

Re: My trip to Cabot Trail

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    How come you avoided QC?

One of these days I'll have to get out to Cabot Trail again, be nice to do it motorized.
    Nice place, but the roads are a lot nicer further south.

BF.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGFooT0 View Post
    Nice place, but the roads are a lot nicer further south.

BF.
    When i went out in the end of July they were doing alot of Construction on the roads....maybe they'll get better?
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by BIGFooT0 View Post
    Well I took a trip out to cabot trail and went through the states to get there. Here is the map of my route. I made a few slight changes as to my route as I travelled, but this is it more or less.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...59&ie=UTF8&z=9

My first stop was Ottawa, I was visiting a friend. I decided to hit up calabogie on the way.

I then headed south through the adirondacks. As soon as you cross the big metal bridge at the border the roads start getting nicer.

The adirondacks offere nice scenic roads carved through the forest with lots of nice sweepers.

New hampshire was definitly one of the highlights of my trip. The roads out there are AMAZING. I think the roads have more turns then straits.

Here is a video of a ride through New Hampshire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRtrO0ts7ng

I went back up into canada through Maine into New Brunswick. I then road the highway to Cape Breton.

The cabot trail was great, it had many elevation changes and plently of twisties. Its so scenic out there its sometimes difficult to keep your eyes on the road. Here are two video I took while riding the trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhCUtAZqiA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiPCcl3jrbo

After the trail I did road the south-eastern route along the coast of Nova Scotia all the way to Yarmouth. This is an excellent route, very twisty and along the coast which give you some excellent views. The road is especially good about between halifax and yarmouth. very twisty and good condition.

I took the ferry from yarmouth across to Portland. If you ever end up in yarmnouth take a ride out to the lighthouse. The road to get to it is really fun and you get rewarded with a scenic view of the harbour at the end.

From Portland I rode back through the adirondacks and back up into Canada near Kingston. The roads I took through the park were not to twisty I found, except 28N <- excellent road with some really tight turns.

Anyways, If anyone is heading out there anytime soon and wants to know about any specific roads send me a pm. Otherwise the one recommendation I would give is to make sure you head through the states don't waste your time riding through quebec and new brunswick.

safe riding,

BIGFooT0
    Nice route. How much was the ferry at Yarmout to Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by m.breen View Post
    Nice route. How much was the ferry at Yarmout to Portland?
    around $150 i think.

It takes 5 hours, its pretty nice inside. they play two movies, there are slot machines and a bar.

BF.