Flipping slicks and tire wear? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flipping slicks and tire wear?

Re: Flipping slicks and tire wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post

..and yes you should definitely sign up for Golo and come try a track where you don't do the entire infield in 2nd gear!
    I still do the whole infield in 2nd gear.

That's because your bike is too big. I have to shift all the time ...

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I dunno. My prof in university helped design Mosport. He wasn't a racer or anything and figured they'd want superelevation in the corners (positive camber), like Indianapolis. The club came back and told him no, the idea was to make the track difficult to navigate..tricky stuff to make it more interesting and difficult. That's why turn 2 is flat (it's actually not negative, although it looks it..), turn 3 is increasing radius etc. And they used more of the elevation to make it more challenging.
    Ya its close: http://www.michaelsmotorsports.com/g...rtturn2amf.jpg

there are various claims on the web that its negative camber, has someone measured it?

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Ya its close: http://www.michaelsmotorsports.com/g...rtturn2amf.jpg

there are various claims on the web that its negative camber, has someone measured it?
    I've read some ALMS techs in Racecar Engineering saying it's flat..not negative..I think the fact it's downhill/uphill makes it kind of difficult to tell. I swear it's negative personally.. But to me, from that pic, it looks positive..ok, it's going downhill, but it looks positive..the inside looks lower. Regardless, it remains one of the more difficult corners to figure out, that's for sure.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block