Flipping slicks and tire wear? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flipping slicks and tire wear?

Re: Flipping slicks and tire wear?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    What day is the best generally? riding time wise? I dont need to be out there with pros, for this track day maybe Id be better off in intermediate?
    Your pace would be fine for the advanced group.

Being your first time there. Maybe a day in Int then a day in Hot? I suspect friday will be the least busy day. Other than for weather, i havent been to any GoLo days that had any delays.

I will be there for friday and saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by mobius View Post
    the day that doesnt rain.
    I ride in intermediate.
    So wait and sign up few days before, and sign for beginner?

Not beginner. Do intermediate, Shannonville is 100% flat so it doesn't take long to learn your way around the track.

For 1st timers AJ and Raul can set you up with a marshal to show you around the track for a few laps.

well, if you wait too long to signup, you run the chance of not finding a spot right.
    and no, dont go in beginner. from what you've told us and shown, it seems that you can run a fairly quick pase.

There's already a thread for the GoLo weekend, go check it out and talk about it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post

holy ****, how is this even possible??!!?!?
    looks like he's about to drag his hamlet

i have a boner
    there is no spoon

Don't fret over minor differences in body position, where your head ends up, etc. Watch MotoGP or World Superbike or AMA ... everyone has a slightly different style.

johnny, how many more track days till this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sS...eature=related
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Don't fret over minor differences in body position, where your head ends up, etc. Watch MotoGP or World Superbike or AMA ... everyone has a slightly different style.
    Yeah I have a different style, and it works for me...Certain things I can try and change, others will have to remain different...LOL I can try them thou, so Im all ears

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgY View Post
    johnny, how many more track days till this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sS...eature=related
    ?
    Pay for my tires and get me a 1000, and I'll try it tomorrow! Oh and Im probably gonna need a new suit too..please and thank you

I like this guys attitude..."if you can drift, you look cooler then your mates" LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxYiW...1&feature=fvwp

I'm cooler than all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgY View Post
    holy ****, how is this even possible??!!?!?
    looks like he's about to drag his hamlet
    It helps when you're the best in the world.. but a million dollar bike, state of the art tires and suspension as well as being on a world class track that would make Mosport look like a motocross track... also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    It helps when you're the best in the world.. but a million dollar bike, state of the art tires and suspension as well as being on a world class track that would make Mosport look like a motocross track... also helps.
    Also, judging by the angle of the track to the strip on the inside, it looks like the track is fairly angled in that turn, like a berm.

Cubic dollars (and massive skill - no doubt about it).

Only way my track bike with me on it could lean that much, is while crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by froghammer View Post
    Also, judging by the angle of the track to the strip on the inside, it looks like the track is fairly angled in that turn, like a berm.
    its called positive camber.
    for some reason we have lots of flat and even negative camber turns like turn 2 at mosport which are not optimal around here.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    wow that is some nice lean in that pic above. Body position seems a bit too vertical, try to keep your bike more vertical by moving your body off. As for the rear sliding, try to reduce your rebound damping a couple clicks, make sure your chain is not too tight, and set the pre-loads for the amount of sag you would like. I have learned recently that some simple suspension modifications can SERIOUSLY improve the feel of your motorcycle!!

[/img]

]
    I don't think reducing rebound damping is good advice if he is bouncing.

Yeah I have a different style, and it works for me...Certain things I can try and change, others will have to remain different...LOL I can try them thou, so Im all ears
    The only way you'll know if some one else's method works for you is if you give it a try. Some times trying to change your body position feels weird at first, but ends up working better, you just need to adjust to it. There isn't a one and only best body position out there. As Brian said, we're all built differently, have longer arms, shorter legs, carry our weight differently, etc. What works for one, may not even be possible by to do by some one else, or could totally set you back.

What helps is to understand the physics involved and take every one's advice with a grain of salt.

..and yes you should definitely sign up for Golo and come try a track where you don't do the entire infield in 2nd gear!
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    its called positive camber.
    for some reason we have lots of flat and even negative camber turns like turn 2 at mosport which are not optimal around here.
    I dunno. My prof in university helped design Mosport. He wasn't a racer or anything and figured they'd want superelevation in the corners (positive camber), like Indianapolis. The club came back and told him no, the idea was to make the track difficult to navigate..tricky stuff to make it more interesting and difficult. That's why turn 2 is flat (it's actually not negative, although it looks it..), turn 3 is increasing radius etc. And they used more of the elevation to make it more challenging.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block