I went down! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I went down!

Re: I went down!

Best Wishes bro....a good reminder to everybody about the dangers out there and the consequences. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery

Good to hear your crash wasn't too horrible! How did it happen? Was it avoidable? I've recently started to "squid it" (even wore shorts once, but no flipflops...yet!) when riding leisurely around downtown. Hot out, and a bit of gear fatigue. I also rationalize it to myself because of all the scooter riders squid it and you dont hear about any bad accidents with them around downtown...
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    looks like something else if u really look! lol
    beware arm humping
    rofl
    '04 CBR1000RR

Glad you're alright -- thanks for sharing the pics, it's good to remind people that they're mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by dcx135 View Post
    Good to hear your crash wasn't too horrible! How did it happen? Was it avoidable? I've recently started to "squid it" (even wore shorts once, but no flipflops...yet!) when riding leisurely around downtown. Hot out, and a bit of gear fatigue. I also rationalize it to myself because of all the scooter riders squid it and you dont hear about any bad accidents with them around downtown...
    Ya it was avoidable, but i mean alot of these low sies are in a sense. I would never ever squid it agian just cuz i know thee pain and mine wasnt even that bad compared to what the doctors say they have seen,
    Im very very lucky and know that, lesson learned!!
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

just get well soon and see you around
    1983 CB750SC Nighthawk
    1984 CB750SC Nighthawk
    1985 GoldWing

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post

Ajax is right when he says wear your gear, and also buy good gear. I wont buy 60 dollar gloves no more.
    i got same gloves man!!i cant belive how bad it looks!

Stupid stupid mistake and bigger mistake that the one time i ride squid(no jacket) I fall in 10 years of riding! Im fine , went to trillium, got stiched and gauzed up, just a remider to ALWAYS wear ur gear, pics to follow of my bike and rashes, got lucky considering though!
    OH and it happened at renforth and eglinton!
    Was it foggy?..jk...hey man you're a trooper to be back on it...I was there...great tuck and roll...I'll bring coffeeees for u on monday...anything to make it heal quicker....and no, I;m not humping...never mind...
    04 Superchicken
    MODS: Bug repellant Wax for those long rides...

Hope your well now...
    Heal up soon..
    R1ders for CHRIST
    Heading in the wrong directions...
    GOD allows U-turn...
    GOD Bless....2 all r1ders

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post

Ajax is right when he says wear your gear, and also buy good gear. I wont buy 60 dollar gloves no more.
    What make/model is that? You should contact the manufacturer and give them some feedback.

Dude, i hope you heal quick...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    What make/model is that? You should contact the manufacturer and give them some feedback.
    +1 entirely agree

Glad to hear your on the mend, but I'm curious, how'd you go down? Maybe I can learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by ariesmars View Post
    Glad to hear your on the mend, but I'm curious, how'd you go down? Maybe I can learn something.
    Just a lack of focus! I think i came out of the right turn wide and i wasnt straightened out,so when i looked back twice my bike went slowy towards the median on the left, so once my tire rubbed on that, it threw me into a wobble and chucked me off into the said median.
    We as riders become complacent sometimes, and if i paid more attention it wouldnt have happened!
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Just a lack of focus! I think i came out of the right turn wide and i wasnt straightened out,so when i looked back twice my bike went slowy towards the median on the left, so once my tire rubbed on that, it threw me into a wobble and chucked me off into the said median.
    We as riders become complacent sometimes, and if i paid more attention it wouldnt have happened!
    so sorry to hear about this! i hope your injuries heal soon man. do you think u'll have a chance to ride again this season?
    ps thats a sick shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by spyguy55 View Post
    so sorry to hear about this! i hope your injuries heal soon man. do you think u'll have a chance to ride again this season?
    ps thats a sick shirt!
    Im already riding!! lol! rash om my arm and matching rash on my bike! Cant stay away too long!!
    hahah thanks man, i love it too, lukily it didnt rip or anything!

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Wait; were you the guy that was telling the story about how you went squid for a lunch break, or somethin and you were looking behind you for your buddy and that's when you grazed the median?

Sorry to hear/see man, but thanks for the story! I think about it every time I go for lunch, cuz I'm so tempted to squid it... most places are only a few blocks away, but thanks to you I put everything on before I head out. Always.... heal quick, dude!

Originally Posted by clutch

Quote Originally Posted by usdm_b18 View Post
    +1 entirely agree
    Same here....send the photos to the company. See what they have to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    Wait; were you the guy that was telling the story about how you went squid for a lunch break, or somethin and you were looking behind you for your buddy and that's when you grazed the median?

Sorry to hear/see man, but thanks for the story! I think about it every time I go for lunch, cuz I'm so tempted to squid it... most places are only a few blocks away, but thanks to you I put everything on before I head out. Always.... heal quick, dude!
    Ya man thats me!! Well then it was worth it for me to go down, cuz maybe i saved someone else from gettin rashed cuz they seen what happened to me!
    Most accidents happen so close to work or home, so ya people should always think twice!

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Im already riding!! lol! rash om my arm and matching rash on my bike! Cant stay away too long!!
    hahah thanks man, i love it too, lukily it didnt rip or anything!
    lol! I love your optimism!!