wheelie - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: wheelie

Re: wheelie

Quote Originally Posted by cjones_636 View Post
    theres an old thread about this. It will make your wheelie more stable side to side. This generally speaking is done when learning slow, or idle wheelies- and doing it at a stunt spot. Not really for street riding.

So, are you talking about clutching up on the street? or are you learning to catch idle in a lot?

i run 20psi on my stuntbike. Advanced riders run more, jp and durty are probably at 32-40... some people go as low as 12 when learning.
    I was mainly talking about clutching it up on the street. Not gonna try idle wheelies for a long time...

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokla View Post
    My neighbours do wheelies on the street all the time (shh). I asked them how they do it and one of the things they said is "having a powerful bike, otherwise you have to jerk the bike to start". He did say you could do it on any sized bike, including those tiny 50cc scooters.

Its more or less about balence and body strength the smaller bike you have. If your riding a 1000cc bike, your going to let it do the work of lifting you by itself.
    lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97Ud7XMigw

Can't you just say "yut ugh" in your helmet and imagine the rest?? Works for him

So I've finally got the wheel up high enough. Now to try to get it to balance and get it going for awhile
    D33PU

so i have a 600rr....should i try power wheelies or slipping the clutch first?

and at what rpm level should i slip the clutch at in 2nd gear?

i think the previous owner changed the toothing on the chain, pardon my tech terms, he changed it so it has more lower end power....+1/-1? i dont remember.

thanks guys

Clutch it at about 10 grand then hit the rear brake!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Thumbs up Re: wheelie

try it on a dirt bike 1st get use to the wheelie thing...trust me on that..i see alot of bikes come in ..trust me its big money.. put on sliders 1st

Quote Originally Posted by typhooney88 View Post
    so i have a 600rr....should i try power wheelies or slipping the clutch first?

and at what rpm level should i slip the clutch at in 2nd gear?

i think the previous owner changed the toothing on the chain, pardon my tech terms, he changed it so it has more lower end power....+1/-1? i dont remember.

thanks guys
    The gearing you stated would give it more top end not low end. You want to go down a toothe on the front sprocket and up a couple teath on the rear to get better low end.

As for your wheelie I would stay away from the clutch till your use to the front being in the air. So try power wheelies in first. It will come up slower and won't suprise you as much. If you try and clutch right away it might come up higher and faster than your ready for and ......things might not turn out very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy929 View Post
    things might not turn out very nice.
    lol