Envy rides is finished - Page 3

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Envy rides is finished

Re: Envy rides is finished

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    I sent my Resume off to them a couple of months ago when they posted a job ad.. Went down and had a interview.. I asked several times what positions they were hiring for.. The only answer I could get was "We're looking for Good People" I left without a clue what they were looking for. About a week later I got a call saying they'd selected someone else for the position.. I asked the the Girl who called "What position did you hire for ?" "The one you applied for, she replied.. I said I left not knowing what the position was... She just replied " Oh Whatever, you didn't get it" and hung up on me..

I guess 20 years of taking care of very demanding customers buying hundreds of thousands of dollars a month wasn't sufficient customer service experience for them. Maybe it was the lack of Bike Experience ? ,, I've only been riding 20+ Years..

Perhaps it was the lack of Marketing Experience, I guess creating marketing programs for a Multi National Heavy truck manufacturer wasn't enough.

If it job was in the Parts department I guess running a Parts Department with monthly sales of $1,500,000 with a staff of 22 wasn't sufficient.

Guess I just wasn't qualified to work there.

But to this day I still have no idea what they were looking for ..

you were probably over-qualified John. but the way they handled everything is ridiculous. not knowing what the heck you're interviewing for? first time I've heard that one since I was a kid applying at Mcdonalds (and I didn't get that either lol).

LD

Loving life..

(It's only a matter of time.)

**The artist formerly known as Lucky Draggin**

They were looking for someone, shall we say, a bit more gangstah.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

I sent my Resume off to them a couple of months ago when they posted a job ad.. Went down and had a interview.. I asked several times what positions they were hiring for.. The only answer I could get was "We're looking for Good People" I left without a clue what they were looking for. About a week later I got a call saying they'd selected someone else for the position.. I asked the the Girl who called "What position did you hire for ?" "The one you applied for, she replied.. I said I left not knowing what the position was... She just replied " Oh Whatever, you didn't get it" and hung up on me..

I guess 20 years of taking care of very demanding customers buying hundreds of thousands of dollars a month wasn't sufficient customer service experience for them. Maybe it was the lack of Bike Experience ? ,, I've only been riding 20+ Years..

Perhaps it was the lack of Marketing Experience, I guess creating marketing programs for a Multi National Heavy truck manufacturer wasn't enough.

If it job was in the Parts department I guess running a Parts Department with monthly sales of $1,500,000 with a staff of 22 wasn't sufficient.

Did you have your pants around your waist? Did you wear a baseball cap sideways? Did you have white running shoes? Did you use the words "yo, dawg, bro, gixxer" in the interview?

It seems that Envy Rides is going down fast
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

John lets be realistic here... If they hired you, soon enough they'd of realised you're skilled enough to be the GM and then what would the 2 Steve's do? Sit at home? That's not gonna help there rep!

You know it's weird i've been to the Envy accessory department many times and never had a problem, if I need help I ask and get it, usualy deal with Sergio simply cause he's the best one they have. In the sales department Envy recently hired on Tom, he came over from SOB and is excellent to deal with.

If you want service ask for it, if your still not happy with the level being provided then approach Steve, i've never had an issue he couldn't resolve. I don't get it why do some of you guys not get the service level issue resolved before leaving the store, instead of coming on here and bitching, nothing they can do about it now, you're already ******!
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post

put some baggy pants on john and he looks plenty gangsta..i wouldnt mess with him!lol

Loving life..

(It's only a matter of time.)

**The artist formerly known as Lucky Draggin**

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    I have never seen on person in there dressing or acting "gangstah"...so i have no idea where this perception comes from.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    Yetti went to envy to buy Some gloves..

Show the Gloves, Shake the debit card.
    Soooo.....which bank issues a debit card to a Yetti

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    You guys better watch what you say about Envy Rides Ink, or you might find yourself in the haters section of their webpage

http://www.envyrides.ca/custompage.asp?pg=testimonials
    You might get shot (from the looks of that ad with the gun and blood splatter)

http://www.envyrides.ca/
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    I have never seen on person in there dressing or acting "gangstah"...so i have no idea where this perception comes from.
    Ummm. . .maybe the ad?

Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

I've been to Envy for gear several times, never had any issues. The sales people give you space to browse and if you need help they're always quick and attentive. Everyone has their own experiences. I have no problem taking my business there or recommend them to friends and will continue to do so.

I can tell u why they didn't want to hire u. First you have too much experience and they would have to pay u top $ , how I know this , for example Jeff B and Wally M both work there as Tech's and are not licsenced or registered apprentice so Envy pays them dirt cheap to work but doesn't realize the liabilty if someone were to get hurt on a motorcycle. THEY JUST DONT CARE ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY.

Guess you wouldn't look good in a mini skirt and push up bra thats why your not qualified ..lol . weird operation Envy rides very strange indeed i find.
    Last edited by moto22; 08-10-2009 at 10:40 PM.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    put some baggy pants on john and he looks plenty gangsta..i wouldnt mess with him!lol
    Ok, Now I know for the Future, Instead of wearing a Shirt and Tie for a Interview , Dress like this Thanks for the input.. Just need to get some baggy pants now ....

I have mixed feelings about envy.

Only been there once, but yes, I agree there is a creepy feeling to the place.

I wanted to buy a shark helmet and check out gloves. No shark helmets, wanted to ask the guy at the counter, but had to wait for him to finish talking with his buddy (10min). Then his buddy join in with him trying to convince me to buy a $1000.00+ helmet.... yeah ok... no thx.

Then onto gloves. The guy wasn't sure and kept going away and coming back. It should've been only 5 minutes, but took 25 min. I was tired and didn't want to go to another store and there was rush hr so I stuck around waiting for him. He seemed like a nice guy laid back, but not the best customer service/atmosphere.

I also went to the service area to ask a question and the attitude I got was as if I was waving to a harley rider lol. Weird that harley dealerships are super nice/awesome to deal with, even if they see you come in on a honda or a sports bike.

Probably won't go there again unless if they have something super cheap.

They should probably try to change the mood of the place from creepy to friendly. The best attitude/atmosphere I've seen is at Markham outdoor power (except the service lady... man she scares the hell out of me), GP bikes (carlos and service dept.) and Harley dealership.
    Last edited by LiNK666; 08-10-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckerjay View Post
    Ummm. . .maybe the ad?

What about the ad?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Banned

Ok, Now I know for the Future, Instead of wearing a Shirt and Tie for a Interview , Dress like this Thanks for the input.. Just need to get some baggy pants now ....

baggy pant wearin Squid

John:

Neither did they.

Not like that ........like this!! and say word to momma a lot they like that..

There is a guy that works at Envy that looks like Vanilla Ice, I think he might be one of the owners

Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Growing up I was thought "If you have nothing good to say about somebody, don't say anything at all", so on that account I have absolutely nothing to say about Envy.
    I've been there and quickly realised it wasn't my cup of tea, unless they had something no one else had or if they had a crazy crazy deal on something I really really wanted.
    Reading their replies to posts on this forum I get the impression that they are aware of their perceived bad rep and must be taking them seriously, I hope. Unless they are proud of their bad rep??? What other store would have a page high lighting bashing from angry cutomers on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.